Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools and Concerns

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

For anyone on Instagram @dr_mammyguthrie is talking about the schools reopening and findings from other countries that opened earlier or didn’t close. Very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sasal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Watched it earlier on. It’s an interesting (and reassuring) summary of available evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Im more concerned about the plan to keep education going tbh. I think our school (one of them) has done a great job for reopening. But I am concerned about how my kids education will continue when schools have to close down when they have outbreaks.

Im also disappointed that there has been no government guidance on employment rights. I dont get paid when I dont work and there are thousands of families in the same position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

bee06 wrote: »
    For anyone on Instagram @dr_mammyguthrie is talking about the schools reopening and findings from other countries that opened earlier or didn’t close. Very interesting.

Love her. I actually sent her a msg earlier thanking her for the concise, level headed information. My head has been spinning this week and I’m usually good at blocking out the whataboutery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Agreed, I realise we are privileged in being WFH and SAH.
    But I do wish that we as Parents could be allowed to decide for our children if they physically attend school or not during this exceptional circumstance of a Pandemic and if attending that it is a parental decision (at Primary) if the children wear masks.

Of course you can decide for your own child . As to masks for all primary children , the most strident parents demanding that schools reopen will be the ones refusing to get their children to wear masks .

Advertisement