Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone FTTH - Replace Supplied Router

• 31-07-2020 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm currently with Eir but I just signed up to Vodafone this morning as I just couldn't get in contact with Eir Loyalty team to change my contact for a better deal.

Anyway, with Eir I have it set up to use my Netgear Orbi RB40 mesh system by setting the VLAN tag to 10. This works perfectly.

Can I do the same for Vodafone FTTH?

I don't have the phone or TV package.

Thanks,
    Mac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭alec76

mcquaim wrote: »

Can I do the same for Vodafone FTTH?

I don't have the phone or TV package.

Thanks,
    Mac

Yes you can, you have to add pppoe user and pass though.
    Vodafone might be a bad news, Network congestion due to COVID 19, lots of FTTH customers complaining for really slow speeds at peak hours.You have 14 days cooling off, bear in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply!!

What is the username and password do you know?

Any idea why VF would suffer so badly with FTTH on the same line as Eir when it's been great?

Cheers,
    Mac

Any idea why VF would suffer so badly with FTTH on the same line as Eir when it's been great?

Cheers,
    Mac

It is not the last mile issue, it is what happens between OpenEir exchange and Vodafone servers .

You might be alright, not all parts of the country affected.

As for the credentials, I couldn’t remember it, plenty on boards though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply!!

What is the username and password do you know?

Cheers,
    Mac

Vodafone have their own FTTH network also I thought? Or go through Siro as well?

So if they're going through Siro it wouldn't be the same as Openeir

So if they're going through Siro it wouldn't be the same as Openeir
    .OpenEir and SIRO only the last mile for Vodafone (i.e fibre from you home to the local exchange.)
    However ,how your traffic travels from the exchange
    totally different for every provider. So Vodafone pays third parties to move the traffic across the country . That would be the weak spot.
    Eir and Digiweb probably providers with the best network capacity ( despite Eir’s dreadful customer care support and some aggressive Sales for Digiweb)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Howdy folks, quick question as a new Vodafone FTTH user. Is it possible to replace the Gigabox for a (hopefully) better router box if I'm using the phone service (not using it for TV)?

Advertisement