Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst current comedians.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Plenty of crap ones who just speak waffle without saying anything like McEntyre, Gervais, Des Bishop, O'Doherty and Maxwell but the worst are
    Lee Evans who is just the most boring childish fool who I actually judge people based on their opinion of him
    And the other is Jack Whitehall who is the only one mentioned on the thread so far who makes me physically angry. He doesn't have any jokes it's all just prancing about going wow I'm such a toff I love rugger isn't it mad bants. It's like someone doing a stage play of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly but not realising it's supposed to be a comedy

Yeah, Jack Whitehall has to be one of the worst out there. Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    His SJW activism is funnier than his " comedy " which is saying something

Sir stevo Timothy something or other ?

Insufferable bore
    Farmer Michael he is.

Romesh Ranganathan gets on my wick. His whole patter is basically 'God, I hate my family'.
    Jack Dee did all that 20 years ago, and was much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Why the negativity folks.

Where is the best comedians thread. If a guy ain't funny, i'm not spending time talking about his lack of funniness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Why the negativity folks.

Where is the best comedians thread. If a guy ain't funny, i'm not spending time talking about his lack of funniness.

your no fun. Im putting you on my list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

He compared Live At The Apollo.

And because he was the first America doing it he didn't want to screw up

but he said 'Live At The Apollo' instead of 'Live At The Apollo' :pac:
    Didn't jack dee make that joke too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Omackeral wrote: »
    Alison Spittle because I'm an angry man, dude.
    I hear she has a new podcast with Blindboy Boatclub....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,274 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I hear she has a new podcast with Blindboy Boatclub....

749.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've never found Johny Vegas funny

Maybe it was the few drinks taken but JV on the Last Leg a while ago brought tears of laughter between the pair of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

There was a long running thread about the same topic ...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057674448/236/#post114029503

And the run away winner (loser) was the epically unfunny Jason Byrne.

Followed by ALL female comedians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

RWCNT wrote: »
    He's more of a podcaster pretending to be a comedian, but Brendan Schaub is the most dreadful attempt at comedy I've ever seen.

His attempt at a UFC career was hilarious tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I've never found him particularly funny but the documentaries he's made for BBC4 on American history & culture are quite good.

I saw him last year in the Roisin Dubh, I found him genuinely hilarious.

Jason Byrne wins it for me, he seems to have mistaken volume for humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭hawley

Neil Delamere gets gold for me. Comes across as quite a nasty individual too.

hawley wrote: »
    Neil Delamere gets gold for me. Comes across as quite a nasty individual too.

At least nasty is a form of personality something which plenty are lacking in comedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

theteal wrote: »
    Maybe it was the few drinks taken but JV on the Last Leg a while ago brought tears of laughter between the pair of us.

The one about your man having sex with a fish?

"He should've lost his fu**ing rod licence" was the line that good me laughing like mad.

Very funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

Forgot about lee evans. Didnt think he was still going. He probably joint gold. He just runs around sweating. Jack Whitehall another one who never tells jokes so probably can't even class him as a comedian. Still for me Russell Howard just shades the gold man he is stealing a living but fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I saw him last year in the Roisin Dubh, I found him genuinely hilarious.

Jason Byrne wins it for me, he seems to have mistaken volume for humour.
    So true, as have Shouty Tiernan, Shouty Vegas and Shouty Evans.

I also find Susan Calman tediously unfunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

McGaggs wrote: »
    Michael McIntyre
    I searched the thread to make sure he was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Who is this lad David Chappelle that everyone is talking about...is he any good?

Who is this lad David Chappelle that everyone is talking about...is he any good?

Not into his stand up but some of his sketches on the Chappelle Show were amazing like his pissakes of Prince and even better Rick James that he done with Charlie Murphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I think they're pretty much all terrible these days, the only one who I find consistently hilarious and insightful is Louis CK. His latest show after the metoo stuff was brilliant. Frankie Boyle is pretty good sometimes, although some of his jokes fall flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Esse85 wrote: »
    His attempt at a UFC career was hilarious tho.

It was also funny to see Joe Rogan tell him, in no uncertain terms, that he didn't have what it takes to succeed in the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Michael McIntyre's stand up was great when he first came on the scene, but his Saturday night television show is genuinely the cringiest thing I have ever seen. Immediately have to leave the room if I see it on.

Any comedian that resorts to incorporating a parent into their act is bad. Romesh Ranganathan has his mother on some show he does now, and Jack Whitehall does stuff with his Dad. I never found them funny beforehand, and this new "addition" doesn't add to the humour either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I genuinely don't find stand up that funny. It's like 'oh cool observation' but other than that, don't find it that entertaining. It's like I find because their sole purpose is to make you laugh, it makes it less funny. My friends love your man James Acaster and it's just like, no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

One of the best comedians back during the turn of the century. Gave it all up and retired. Has come back recently, doing a Netflix deal, but while funny, doesn't seem to be his best.

As well as standup, he had his own show (sketches), and was in a number of movies.

And, while he is black, even some of his stuff would be too edgy/unwoke for today's audience. I always loved his whitefacing, or even his "white man's voice".

Oh, and it's Dave, not David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I genuinely don't find stand up that funny. It's like 'oh cool observation' but other than that, don't find it that entertaining. It's like I find because their sole purpose is to make you laugh, it makes it less funny. My friends love your man James Acaster and it's just like, no!

you're basically saying you hate bad comedy, if you listen to good comedy you might like it.
    is your only exposure to comedy on mainstream tv?

• Advertisement

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Not into his stand up but some of his sketches on the Chappelle Show were amazing like his pissakes of Prince and even better Rick James that he done with Charlie Murphy

The R Kelly sketch.

Or the Clayton Bigsby sketches (2 parts). No way he'd get away with that now, even as a black man.

randd1 wrote: »
    The R Kelly sketch.

Or the Clayton Bigsby sketches (2 parts). No way he'd get away with that now, even as a black man.

"helluva drug" :)

randd1 wrote: »
    The R Kelly sketch.

his routine about Jessie Smoliet is a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Joe Beazley and Cheeky Monkey.

His act is really poor.

Michael McIntyre's stand up was great when he first came on the scene, but his Saturday night television show is genuinely the cringiest thing I have ever seen. Immediately have to leave the room if I see it on.

Any comedian that resorts to incorporating a parent into their act is bad. Romesh Ranganathan has his mother on some show he does now, and Jack Whitehall does stuff with his Dad. I never found them funny beforehand, and this new "addition" doesn't add to the humour either.
    That's true about the parents. Baz Ashwamy did shows with Mammy Ashwamy as well. The interesting thing in all those cases is that the parent becomes more popular and is way more entertaining than the 'entertainer'.

• Advertisement

his routine about Jessie Smoliet is a work of art.

Juicy Smulliet I think you mean.

KungPao wrote: »
    Joe Beazley and Cheeky Monkey.

His act is really poor.

Still funnier than Alison Spittle, as is a reversing dump truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I've never found Johny Vegas funny

after he won the Edinburgh Festival i saw him in dublin - small spot I cant recall the name. He was fantastic . This would have been 1997-1998 ish.

Told all the lads about him and soon he had a show on BBC or ITV
    It was utter gash. The lads abused me.

I have seen him since and he is rubbish. really bad.
    I dunno, probably was always just a flash in the pan.

dotsman wrote: »
    One of the best comedians back during the turn of the century. Gave it all up and retired. Has come back recently, doing a Netflix deal, but while funny, doesn't seem to be his best.

As well as standup, he had his own show (sketches), and was in a number of movies.

And, while he is black, even some of his stuff would be too edgy/unwoke for today's audience. I always loved his whitefacing, or even his "white man's voice".

Oh, and it's Dave, not David.

The effects of rock music on white people expose is class.

"helluva drug" :)

Cooollllddd bbblllooooodddeeeddd

the only comedian who has never made me so much as chuckle is professional scouser John Bishop, worse still he's an immensely self satisfied twat who even he gets no laughs from an audience, laughs constantly at his own joke's
    I would swear he is Bobby Chariot's estranged son...

Still funnier than Alison Spittle, as is a reversing dump truck.

Careful now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

Russell Howard recently walked out of a small gig as someone was filming his new material I think she done people a favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I am not sure if this person is meant to funny or a comedian but one person who is brutal is Doireann Garrihy. She had a series of impersonating people on the RTE player and it was meant to be funny but it was brutal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I am not sure if this person is meant to funny or a comedian but one person who is brutal is Doireann Garrihy. She had a series of impersonating people on the RTE player and it was meant to be funny but it was brutal.

When she drops the impressions and just sticks to one accent she’s very good on the radio. The clown woke McDermott brings her down

• Advertisement

When she drops the impressions and just sticks to one accent she’s very good on the radio. The clown woke McDermott brings her down

Ya, she might be fine.
    To be honest I think McDermott is by far the worst RTE have ever employed.

Be careful, you're not allowed to criticise female comedians on here.

Rothko wrote: »

Oh ya, that fella will comment on it and somebody else will like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Is that why nobody on here ever criticises female comedians?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

nj27 wrote: »
    Hannah Gadsby

I had no idea who this was. So I searched up YouTube there and instantly seeing her I say to myself "well she's a lesbian" and her skit was about being a lesbian....

Is that her entire stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The resident "White Knights" should be along any minute now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I had no idea who this was. So I searched up YouTube there and instantly seeing her I say to myself "well she's a lesbian" and her skit was about being a lesbian....

It kind of is, making a living talking about all things sapphic. I find her about as funny as a cluster of throbbing haemorrhoids (thankfully I've been spared them so far). She also seems to fancy herself as a comedic art historian too but there's no passion there.
    Give me Sister Wendy any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

aNgRy MeN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

No, she does a lot of stuff about art history too. I watched her YouTube special and didn't find it laugh-out-loud funny. It was witty, clever and very impressively constructed, but I've laughed more at Lee Mack's stand up shows, if I'm honest. More a brilliant lecture than a comedy set. She can be funny when she wants to be though. This clip (about being a lesbian and feeling alienated from the whole 'Pride' carnival) is very funny and well delivered.

• Advertisement

Quiet a few out there like her at the moment where I like what they are saying but find it more interesting than funny.

Very few right now with that Billy Connolly style craft of making a simple story seem hilarious

Advertisement