Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

didn't receive my packet, don't know what to do.

Options
  • 01-08-2020 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

bought airpods off facebook marketplace, paid the seller via paypal and he sent me a receipt with all the transactions. he apparently posted them out on the 20th of july and it's now the 1st of august and i still haven't received them. rang an post and they said there's nothing under my address, and he apparently rang up an post and said there was no package with my address. i never got a "sorry we missed your delivery" so he either didn't post them after all or the packet is STILL being sent. which i doubt. or maybe it's in the depot and i've to go get it. i have no idea what to do now, i spent a good bit and i don't want the money to go to waste. he keeps saying he did actually post them, but idk tbh. like it shouldn't take THIS long.

this is also WITHIN dublin, so it's even more weird how it's taking so long to get to my place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dontknowtbhxox

goods and services

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

bought airpods off facebook marketplace, paid the seller via paypal and he sent me a receipt with all the transactions. he apparently posted them out on the 20th of july and it's now the 1st of august and i still haven't received them. rang an post and they said there's nothing under my address, and he apparently rang up an post and said there was no package with my address. i never got a "sorry we missed your delivery" so he either didn't post them after all or the packet is STILL being sent. which i doubt. or maybe it's in the depot and i've to go get it. i have no idea what to do now, i spent a good bit and i don't want the money to go to waste. he keeps saying he did actually post them, but idk tbh. like it shouldn't take THIS long.

this is also WITHIN dublin, so it's even more weird how it's taking so long to get to my place.

I have waited 2-3 weeks for parcels from Amazon and other senders based in the UK in the past few months. Give it until the end of the week and ring PayPal, I find it a lot faster getting a refund by phone with them.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    I have waited 2-3 weeks for parcels from Amazon and other senders based in the UK in the past few months. Give it until the end of the week and ring PayPal, I find it a lot faster getting a refund by phone with them.

yeah i'll give it another week and then i'll ask for a refund, i know cause of the virus and all that deliveries might be delayed, but it's just odd to me how it's taking more than a week for something within dublin to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

yeah i'll give it another week and then i'll ask for a refund, i know cause of the virus and all that deliveries might be delayed, but it's just odd to me how it's taking more than a week for something within dublin to be delivered.

The seller might be based in Dublin but most likely drop shipping from elsewhere.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    The seller might be based in Dublin but most likely drop shipping from elsewhere.

he's based in swords and posted it out to the local post office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

What he means is he takes the order from you but then places an order himself with a Chinese company who deliver your product to you.
    Basically a middle man. Its quite common

seannash wrote: »
    What he means is he takes the order from you but then places an order himself with a Chinese company who deliver your product to you.
    Basically a middle man. Its quite common

he has boxes of airpods pictured (normal not stock images or anything) so he basically buys them off of them in bulk and sells them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Wouldn't matter whether it was posted from Swords to Malahide or Swords to the far end of Kerry, it still follows much of the same route via Dublin or portlaoise parcel center or mails center.

There are a lot of new staff in an post and my own experience is that standard untracked items are delayed in some areas, (north Cork and Dublin 24) but not by 10 days.

Darc19 wrote: »
    Wouldn't matter whether it was posted from Swords to Malahide or Swords to the far end of Kerry, it still follows much of the same route via Dublin or portlaoise parcel center or mails center.

There are a lot of new staff in an post and my own experience is that standard untracked items are delayed in some areas, (north Cork and Dublin 24) but not by 10 days.

yeah i live in dublin 24 so i'll give it another week (even that's stretching it) and if it STILL doesn't arrive, i'll request a refund from paypal (i payed under "goods and services" so requesting a refund will hopefully be a breeze)

Advertisement