Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosive device thrown at US courthouse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You know it's not a statue MLK and the protestors are not KKK.

Who ever the orders to protect BLM graffiti should also be blacklisted.

What graffiti are you referring to?

Nobody is ordering a defense of courthouse graffiti; “Black Lives Matter” murals on roads in Chicago, DC, etc. are done by lawful permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It was only a matter of time before this happened. Reminds me of NI....

It was only a matter of time before this happened. Reminds me of NI....

Throwing a firebomb over the fence at a vacant* section of the courthouse wall is not exactly Bloody Sunday, let's be honest. He's still facing charges and rightly so.

*I'm not aware of any injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Overheal wrote: »
    Throwing a firebomb over the fence at a vacant* section of the courthouse wall is not exactly Bloody Sunday, let's be honest. He's still facing charges and rightly so.

*I'm not aware of any injuries?

Everyone has to start somewhere. The IRA faced charges too....

Everyone has to start somewhere. The IRA faced charges too....

We've seen and will see domestic organized terror but I don't think this exactly fits that bill, this firebomb was neither the Weathermen or the Boogaloo. But I'll let the courts mete it out.

• Advertisement

*follows thread for tomorrow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The Trump administration is just over 3 years.

How long has it been since hating anti fascism was this big a thing?
    With all the talk of the left taking over and violence, Trump actual supports such from the right. Don't here Biden ir Obama talking like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You know it's not a statue MLK and the protestors are not KKK.

Yeah but it doesn't matter. Cops shouldn't have to protect statues from rioters.

Edit: Just saw it was a Christopher Columbus statue.. yeah who gives a shit? Columbus was a murderous colonist. Fuck the statue.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

The population are 5% are left wing , 5% are right wing
    90% are the middle
    These left wing loons have pushed the 90% middle towards the right,.
    Bet every penny you have on Trump winning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

The burning of books has also begun again.

There must be an ideology driving these people. Especially coming from Portland. There once was an ideoloy driving the terrorist network Al-Qaeda(There are over 30 threads of discussion about them on boards).

They consisted of cells so they weren't all caught when one was caught; plausible deniability.
    Just one thing to remember. Al Qaeda isn't a terrorist organisation like the IRA/ETA

It's more of an ideology. You'll notice every attack committed in the name of militant islam is attributed to Al Qaeda even if there's no connection to Bin Laden/Al Zawihiri

Great book by Jason Burke called Al-Qaeda if you're interested in finding out more

"Al-Qaeda'-Jason Burke
    In Arabic, the term "Al-Qaeda" is an abstract noun meaning resource, network or base. In the West, it symbolizes a great threat to global security. Though its Afghan training camps have now been reduced to dust, no one believes that al-Qaeda was destroyed with them. But what is al-Qaeda? Is it a disciplined, motivated, structured terrorist organization led by a single criminal mastermind or no more than an idea, a language in which angry young Muslim men can articulate their rage? Bin Laden's aim to provoke conflict between militant Islam and the West appears closer to fulfilment than ever. But is al-Qaeda the catalyst of this conflict, or merely a symbol of it? This is an investigation of the al-Qaeda phenomenon by a recognized expert on the subject.

In this book Burke eloquently and eruditely dismantles the idea that al-Qaeda is an organisation with a clear hierarchy with Don bin Laden as the head of the five families.

The same thing driving these leaderless groups of today; ideology. No more than an idea, a language in which angry young Muslim men people can articulate their rage.

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    There must be an ideology driving these people. Especially coming from Portland. There once was an ideoloy driving the terrorist network Al-Qaeda(There are over 30 threads of discussion about them on boards).

They consisted of cells so they weren't all caught when one was caught; plausible deniability.

"Al-Qaeda'-Jason Burke

In this book Burke eloquently and eruditely dismantles the idea that al-Qaeda is an organisation with a clear hierarchy with Don bin Laden as the head of the five families.

The same thing driving these leaderless groups of today; ideology. No more than an idea, a language in which angry young Muslim men people can articulate their rage.

The CIA funded and trained Al Qaeda?
    Is there videos showing the burning of the bible being promoted or bragged about by any group? Or is it just right wing types pushing it for propaganda?
    Seems to me minorities start speaking out around the time the far right start putting on the tin foil hats.

Did a little digging. The bible burning video was filmed and posted by a Russian government funded news agency. Maybe that's why Don has no link.
    He's also retweeted a Ukrainian video of a dude knocking another chap out claiming it's antifa.
    If the right did their homework they'd find much of their click bait rage stories come from the Chinese government backed Epoch times and the like. All pushing division in the U.S. cop on lads you are dancing to someone else's tune and it's not pro American.

da_miser wrote: »
    The population are 5% are left wing , 5% are right wing
    90% are the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Bowie wrote: »
    The CIA funded and trained Al Qaeda?

They funded and trained Bin Laden, I'm sure some of his cohorts too.

Al Qaeda was much bigger than a single cell as outlined previous in Burke's book.
    You'll notice every attack committed in the name of militant islam is attributed to Al Qaeda even if there's no connection to Bin Laden/Al Zawihiri

Many recent leaderless, ideological organizations have adopted this network style approach also. When they get caught they don't implicate their comrades.

Did Al Qaeda firebomb the Portland federal courthouse?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47eopx365c2qzuik0ycmy4pvj5roasxsl5h6ai3amm&rid=giphy.gif

You serious? Al Qaeda started as British-trained anti-Ottoman resistance during World War 1. They used hit and run tactics to bomb supply lines and disrupt the Ottoman occupation of the Arabian peninsula. They ....

I didn't say the CIA founded them.

Overheal wrote: »
    Did Al Qaeda firebomb the Portland federal courthouse?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47eopx365c2qzuik0ycmy4pvj5roasxsl5h6ai3amm&rid=giphy.gif

Links between far right and fascism is fairytale stuff...but protesters are all antifa and antifa are like al Qaeda.....or something....
    The U S. far right are being led a merry dance by Russia and China IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

No it's not.
    BLM is a call to recognise the plight of black people.
    You're posting nonsense.

I'm posting nonsense , the people who were carrying the BLM signs broke away put on masks and attacked the police guarding a statue in Chicago. If they really wanted to help blacks lives in Chicago go and protest all the black men shooting each other there . This is just the weekend there. 9 year old boy killed aswell . Any statement from BLM over it ??? Do you honestly think that taking down statues is gonna stop blacks being killed ??

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-gun-violence-6-dead-at-least-13-wounded-in-weekend-shootings-across-city/2315308/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/my-one-and-only-child-chicago-mother-mourns-loss-of-boy-9-killed-in-shooting/2315442/

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Rent a mob has existed ad nauseam

I'm posting nonsense , the people who were carrying the BLM signs broke away put on masks and attacked the police guarding a statue in Chicago. If they really wanted to help blacks lives in Chicago go and protest all the black men shooting each other there . This is just the weekend there. 9 year old boy killed aswell . Any statement from BLM over it ??? Do you honestly think that taking down statues is gonna stop blacks being killed ??

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-gun-violence-6-dead-at-least-13-wounded-in-weekend-shootings-across-city/2315308/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/my-one-and-only-child-chicago-mother-mourns-loss-of-boy-9-killed-in-shooting/2315442/

You got it. Your other post referenced the BLM movement. Are the lads ran protestors over in cars typical Republicans?

Thread title needs citmrrectung, 'firework' thrown at courthouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The courthouse bomber, 18yo Gabriel Agard-Berryhill, turned himself in to federal authorities on Thursday.

His grandmother recognised his tactical vest that she has bought for him, and outed him.

g-1024x682.jpg

biko wrote: »
    The courthouse bomber, 18yo Gabriel Agard-Berryhill, turned himself in to federal authorities on Thursday.

Yes, this was in the thread OP already. Link in OP tweet:

Investigators also found a post on Twitter depicting a product review for the vest. The review included a photo of a person wearing the vest who matched the description of the person seen throwing the explosive device. The review states “I got this [vest] for my grandson who’s a protestor [sic] downtown, he uses it every night and says its [sic] does the job.” Investigators later found the same photo on a Facebook page and, using law enforcement databases, were able to positively identify Agard-Berryhill.

Which makes it inaccurate to say the grandmother ratted him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

But....But...But.... CNN,MSNBC and even RTE have said these were all peaceful protests.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    But....But...But.... CNN,MSNBC and even RTE have said these were all peaceful protests.

They never said "all"

Lazy post.

I like "peaceful demonstration intensified".

The powers need to keep changing the language to suit their narrative.

Here "intensified" doesn't mean it got "more and more peaceful". Instead people went bat**** crazy*.

Ed4ydzp-UMAA8-NJr.jpg

* I know this may be offensive in the bat virus times but there ya go..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I like "peaceful demonstration intensified".

The powers need to keep changing the language to suit their narrative.

Here "intensified" doesn't mean it got "more and more peaceful". Instead people went bat**** crazy*.

Ed4ydzp-UMAA8-NJr.jpg

* I know this may be offensive in the bat virus times but there ya go..

Peaceful Demonstration Intensified?

"COME HERE SO I CAN LOVE AND TOLERATE THE **** OUT OF YOU!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

You got it. Your other post referenced the BLM movement. Are the lads ran protestors over in cars typical Republicans?

Thread title needs citmrrectung, 'firework' thrown at courthouse.

Have you watched any of the unedited videos of people getting their cars swamped by protestors first ? Or do you just watch the edited of cars speeding away looking to harm the innocent " protestors'

Here's an example of unedited version , protestors throw a bike in front of truck , slash his tyres and throw things at car and he speeds off before they wreck him and his car

https://youtu.be/Guswh9i6_O8

https://youtu.be/_K7pUbQJ_qo

Here's the edited version of car " ploughing through protestors ".

https://youtu.be/dxuYXTJYf_0

His grandmother recognised his tactical vest that she has bought for him, and outed him.

g-1024x682.jpg
    Gabriel Agard-Berryhill has been arrested again by U.S. Marshals. It appears he may have violated his release conditions by returning to BLM-antifa riots/protests.

http://www.mcso.us/PAID/Home/Booking/1507725

Advertisement