Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Down to -2.1 already here in tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Thick frost here in cork city on the cars tonight, chilly out and a bright moon. As above, been a while since I’ve seen a night like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Just been out with the dog, everything is white, nearly fell on my arse a few times....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Hope you are right but GFS shows it as rain and having flicked through a good few other models only euro 04 in any way supports snow over low ground (and very patchily) so not a convert yet....

Yeah the Bbc forecast not great for daytime tomorrow, looks like a cold damp/wet day in the north wind.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-26018439

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Haven't seen a frost this hard for a long time. The grass is very crunchy. It'll be interesting to see the grass minima in a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Lovely day i mean night out.
    Temp outside showing -1.5c now, up from -3 earlier. It feels colder now though as theres a slight breeze out now.
    nor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Yes indeed, the moon and moolight is just magical this evening and it rose as far to the NE as I have ever seen.

I no longer care if it snows with this image and experience in my heart and mind.

It is the reflection over the wide ocean... Cannot see for tears at the beauty. ;)

Blessing the straying cat as it was so cold I would not have gone outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

On a practical note; I was able to replenish fuel supplies yesterday and am sure that boardsies are keeping a "weather eye" on old neighbours in this bitter cold.

It really is harsh tonight.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,511 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Thinking there may be some snow in south Ulster and north Leinster this morning, then mixtures by mid-day when the showery precip is further south, snow retreating to higher ground but some could still fall briefly at any point, including overnight into early NYD. Hit or miss at best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Just had a light snow shower in Drogheda lasted about 30 min only a dusting but nice to see. Sorry no photos :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Ninja snow in South Laois this morning. Wasn't expecting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Just had a light snow shower in Drogheda lasted about 30 min only a dusting but nice to see. Sorry no photos :(

Starting now in Kinsealy very light though

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Starting now in Kinsealy very light though
    Pic

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Pic

Yeah light snow in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Woken up to quite the winters morning, place is comprehensively iced up and some light snow just left a light dusting. -1.8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snowing and still all frosty out in D14!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snowing in Dublin 5. Left a dusting of snow here this morning. Was not expecting that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Light snow north Offaly on top of hard frost. Perfect combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Moderate snowfall now in D5. Was this expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

There's a band of ppn moving South tomorrow that has snow written all over it!!
    Hit or miss but South Midlands looks the sweet spot to me as it does weaken as it moves South.
    It deserves a warning far more than last night's affair did.

Sub 528 thickness >
    Uppers of -4 / -5
    Ppn heavy at times
    Offshore wind

I'd lay my last dollar that this one will catch Met Eireann on the hop!!
    Snowing in Cork now!!
    Nuffield said lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Snowing in Loughlinstown, love the ninja snow!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Flurry stopped now but enough to whiten the grey frost. Need more to make a snowball though, my criteria for a measurable fall...the cloud has risen the temp to just around freezing from - 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

I confirm snow in North Cork near Mallow. Ninja snow.

Lovely snow shower in Cork city at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Snowing in Sandyford Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Be right back

So the Met office were right, just a day later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭sundodger5

A light dusting on the ground in Mayo. Outside Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

torres9kop wrote: »
    Snowing in Sandyford Dublin

Photo taken from my house of the snow clouds over Dublin. Looks light though. But delighted for anyone that is getting it. Actually that's Bray but I assume same weather affecting Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Light dusting in D5/D3, nice to cycle in it with Xmas trees everywhere etc, very festive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Frankie19

Snowing in Navan Co.Meath. lovely surprise to wake up to!

Advertisement