Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Have awoken to a nice covering here in my part of south Laois...a lovely surprise and I think it's going to be a good month for snow weather lovers like myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Looking on the FI page hopefully it pans out.

With the new lockdown and majority working from home it would be the perfect time for snow.

Far less chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Very short lived fall of tiny snow flakes, blink and you’d miss it. Didn’t even leave a dusting on the ground. Nice to see all the same. Hoping for a little more but the sky looks too “thin”
    East county Galway/Tipp border

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Swords :)

20201231-091527.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Thick ice on the cars this morning in cork city and a clear blue sky. A small bit of snow stuck to the car too but not much! Sign of things to come? :p .-2 degrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely posts!

A little more of a dusting atop here.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

A feather light dusting of snow here in celbridge. I still got excited, hope we get more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

It has just starting raining/sleeting on top of the frost here in tipp, very strange weather indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

No snow in North Kildare, not far from Enfield. Decent frost though and a current temperature of -1.9°

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads, a very heavy frost last night...in Cork City of all places....a sign of better things to come?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I had a feeling this might produce some ninja snow overnight. Only some dandruff over a very hard frost here in Celbridge but still nice to see such a wintry scene.

Grass minima up to 6 am were on the -8/-9 °C range.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Stillorgan white this morning (7:45am), drizzling snow as I was walking to the shops. Roads and paths white, barely covered but nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is there anything worse when coastal Dublin gets more snow than you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Woke up to the slightest of dustings in Ongar, west Dublin. I was looking forward to hoarfrost this morning after a thick ice last night but the thin covering of snow is better! Very festive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Area of precipitation moving down over Mayo will just miss me by the looks of it, no word from Tuam? Looks like they got something closer to icey rain

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Went for a little walk around.. must have been an exceptionally hard frost last night.. 1/2 inch ice sheets where standing water had pooled..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Still 0 degrees approaching 10am. Beautiful to see the white carpet out there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Stil -1.8c here, rain on the way according to ME to wash the snow away

Rain/sleet mix it is, just horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Beautiful hard frost and a icing sugar dusting of snow, my little fella went nuts to see his first snow. Mullingar under a gin blue sky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

pad199207 wrote: »
    Is there anything worse when coastal Dublin gets more snow than you ;)

Yeah.......six in a row :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

2 ensemble members give the next batch as snow for dublin area,

hope that your lucky numbers are 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Snow/sleet showers have reached south Wicklow, 130m asl. Everything was pretty frozen but dry this morning. Happy even if it's a dusting. Any chances of it persisting today or getting heavier or is this it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Snowing in tipp

mojesius wrote: »
    Snow/sleet showers have reached south Wicklow, 130m asl. Everything was pretty frozen but dry this morning. Happy even if it's a dusting. Any chances of it persisting today or getting heavier or is this it?
    Snowline Wicklow likely around 200m this afternoon (around 0m now but set to rise later), but do you have high ground nearby? Wouldn't be surprised to see it getting down to 100m if you have altitude surronding you

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Is it as light a dusting up the Wicklow mountains as elsewhere? Just wondering if its worth bringing the kids up to see some snow.

Well that's that by the looks of it for now

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Dusting of snow here in Dublin 24 Firhouse... lovely to see but roll on the proper stuff first week of January hopefully......

ARPEGE 1400UTC
    arpegeuk-1-14-0.png?31-05

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dusting of snow here in Dublin 24 Firhouse... lovely to see but roll on the proper stuff first week of January hopefully......

Similar here in Dublin 16. Another light snow flurry now. 0.8c atm.

Advertisement