Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭circadian

Beautiful clear and calm day here in D9. Still frozen in the shade and barely getting above 1-2 degrees in the sunshine. Some of the roads and paths around here are dangerous as they're quite sheltered but had a lovely wee jaunt out earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Absolutely, a January like this is not to be sniffed at these days considering how mild our winters are these days and a warming climate. The lake beside me is partially frozen over and with a few severe frosts anticipated over the next few nights, it will only further freeze over. Haven't seen a cold spell like this since March 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Still plenty of shaded snow to keep it wintry looking for another day or so. It won't be a spell we'll remember particularly, it was seasonal, cold, quite sunny with a light snowfall at the end. Onwards. But I don't know when the next cold one will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

esposito wrote: »
    *11 years ago

Whoops!:D Still a classic though!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

So guys, whats going to be the minimum tonight? -7,- 8 even -9?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

bazlers wrote: »
    So guys, whats going to be the minimum tonight? -7,- 8 even -9?

I'm going for -2.8 in Dublin 12

Snowing nicely in central Madrid at the moment
    Slight covering from the webcam

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/espana/comunidad-de-madrid/madrid/puerta-del-sol-tio-pepe.html

I'm going for -2.8 in Dublin 12

: ) Mullingar should do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Something of a cool down forecast for parts of eastern Europe next week. Temp forecast for Moscow:

0Wgs4Io.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

0.4c here in meath at the minute, still plenty of frozen snow in the garden as it gets no sun in the winter, thanks to the hedge

• Advertisement

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Something of a cool down forecast for parts of eastern Europe next week. Temp forecast for Moscow:

0Wgs4Io.png

Thats a fair chill
    It was only -6c in Moscow during the February 91 beasterly
    I see for the Feb 18 beasterly and Emma Moscow day time maxes ranged -9 to -14c with mins of -23c

0.4c here in meath at the minute, still plenty of frozen snow in the garden as it gets no sun in the winter, thanks to the hedge

-1.8c now, bird feeders like dublin airport in july

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

the frost managed to survive all day in sheltered parts and even on exposed north-facing surfaces (like roofs). the MÉ forecast for the Airport is oddly showing a -3c max tomorrow but that forecast is usually miles off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

well this is a first. My bins outside will not open, they are frozen solid and will need boiling water to lift the lid. Same with the car doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

A very cold but sunny day here, frost never melted and still there now. I think there was also a slight dusting of snow as well. What I like the most is the sunshine and the blue skies, particuarly this year because of the almost constant cloud from June-September.

Only downside is the house is very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Current reports from main stations.

temp_uk.png

Reckon we'll hit a sub -10c somewhere...even if it might be missed by an official station

7768_ovt8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

I couldn't post here for the last week as I forgot my password, but there is still snow here in Carrick on Shannon, temperatures are to get down to - 7 here so here's hoping, it's currently - 2.8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

-3.3°c in Kildare now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Lough Ramor is frozen solid, not walking out to an island with a bag of can ala 2010 frozen. It was dark when I got down this evening but will take a few snaps in the morning .

-5c at Casement

-3c at Dublin Airport

Surely both will be posting their record lows of the season so far overnight

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-5c at Casement

Some drop in temps there!

Temp was plummeting earlier for me (in Dublin 16) but is now stuck at -1.8c for the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Frost warnings out for the airports. All moderate ground and air frosts, except for Knock (weak air frost).
    (DUBLIN) EIDW AD WRNG 01 VALID 081700/091200 FROST MOD GND AND MOD AIR FCST=
    (SHANNON) EINN AD WRNG 01 VALID 081700/091200 FROST MOD GND AND MOD AIR FCST=
    (CORK) EICK AD WRNG 01 VALID 081700/091100 FROST MOD GND AND MOD AIR FCST=
    (KNOCK) EIKN AD WRNG 01 VALID 081700/091100 FROST MOD GND AND FBL AIR FCST=
    (CASEMENT) EIME AD WRNG 01 VALID 081600/091100 FROST MOD GND AND MOD AIR FCST=

PS. Where's our man in Limavady?

Where do you get the instant temps from stations? Met eireann sites only seem to update every hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

2.4c at 14:00

0.2c at 19:00

I think my low here will be around -1.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deatr

-4 now in EIDW

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful day in Kerry out walking on the coast this afternoon with snow on the mountains, high of 5.0C and currently -0.2C.

lfd35GP.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

-5c at Casement

Colder than Moscow right now

• Advertisement

-5.6 here in meath

Advertisement