Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everything open in DUB after security?

Options
  • 02-08-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

Hope this is the best place for this question. We are travelling this week and am wondering if shops etc are open after we clear security at Dublin airport? We willl be clearing security around 6pm. I'd like to buy milk for 2 of the small kids to eat some weetabix before the flight. If anyone can answer it would be great.

Actually, I've got a second question too if anyone can answer. I'm looking to take four car seats on the flight for car hire on the other side. Kids are 2.5 to 9. Flying with Ryanair. Does anyone know if I can check these into the hold free of charge or do I need to book something on line?

Just thought of a third question too (sorry), last time we flew we arrived 2 hrs before the flight. Is this still enough time or should I be aiming to arrive earlier now due to Covid?

Anything else to be aware off?

Thanks,

WM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

water-man wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope this is the best place for this question. We are travelling this week and am wondering if shops etc are open after we clear security at Dublin airport? We willl be clearing security around 6pm. I'd like to buy milk for 2 of the small kids to eat some weetabix before the flight. If anyone can answer it would be great.

Actually, I've got a second question too if anyone can answer. I'm looking to take four car seats on the flight for car hire on the other side. Kids are 2.5 to 9. Flying with Ryanair. Does anyone know if I can check these into the hold free of charge or do I need to book something on line?

Just thought of a third question too (sorry), last time we flew we arrived 2 hrs before the flight. Is this still enough time or should I be aiming to arrive earlier now due to Covid?

Anything else to be aware off?

Thanks,

WM

This is a list of open restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

FYI anyone else wondering AMT coffee is the only thing open in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Thanks Inquitus. A bit mad there are only 8 places open to grab something to eat.

I think it was Irish Medows I got a small carton of milk before so heres hoping.

Any one any knowledge on my other 2 parts?

1) Ryanair and kids (not infants) car seats into hold - free or need to book?
    2) Arrival time at airport - 2 hrs before flight still ok?

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

water-man wrote: »
    Thanks Inquitus. A bit mad there are only 8 places open to grab something to eat.

I think it was Irish Medows I got a small carton of milk before so heres hoping.

Any one any knowledge on my other 2 parts?

1) Ryanair and kids (not infants) car seats into hold - free or need to book?
    2) Arrival time at airport - 2 hrs before flight still ok?

Thanks again.

1) No need to book car seat, do it at the airport. There may be less Ryanair staff on hand and you’ll need to speak with a staff member at check in

2) if anything the airport is quieter

Advertisement