Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar PV Hints, Tips & Troubleshooting

1878889909193»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 GarlicBed

If the app is showing correct then its getting the info from the eddi (Via hard wired CT or Harvi).

I'd try the myenergi forums .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Take a pic of the actual Eddi screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 viewofthehill

I have a call in with Sofar support but am still waiting for a reply.

The same pattern was showing earlier this morning so (in standard IT practice) I turned off the DC isolator switch and then turned it on again and the voltage in both arrays went up to over 300volts. Today is extremely overcast so there is very low light but the voltage still went up to over 300 on both strings. Can anyone think of anything that would be reset in a reboot that may cause this to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hmm - it might be like @graememk suggested and be a bad connection, possibly in that isolator switch. Sometimes you can get a build-up of corrosion on the contacts and they cause resistance and voltage issues… but that's typically associated with localised heating on the isolator. One thing to mention is that it's risky to switch high-current DC like that (even if it's in a faulted state) - the DC isolator is not supposed to be operated before the AC and battery load is first isolated or shut-off.

See does the system stabilise after operating that isolator, and if it comes back then repeat the test (with no load) and then it might give you an indication that it's a faulty isolator… except I have my doubts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

There was no external indication on the isolator I seen. But you knew about it when opened, the smell was awful.

On my one it wouldn't even turn off, just rotated and sprung back into the on position.

It's definitely worth an investigation, and during daylight there's 3-400v in that isolator.. on each string.

Advertisement