Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer job

Options
  • 02-08-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Ok so i’m really stressed about this at the moment. I have tried searching for jobs everywhere, I handed out CVs and I am applying for jobs on Indeed but I can’t seem to find a job and all my friends are working and it’s really stressing me out. I applied for local babysitting jobs but they all want someone with a full licence. I am due to start college this year and I need money. What do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Maybe have someone else to have a look over your CV and see if it needs touching up. Get them printed off and phyiscally go into every shop etc and hand a CV off.

When i was in college looking for jobs i always found it easier to go in and see the people, small talk and hand a CV over. They get a sense of who you are and what your about.

Tesco, dunnes etc are usually fairly good for college students to get a job in, just dont limit yourself in one type of work when looking.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Didn’t you have a thread that your parents were going to cover your accommodation, and you had something like 8k saved?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

What about the rent from the house your brother left you a few months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭tonytiger81

And you seem to have been working up until 5pm yesterday on another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

qwerty13 wrote: »
    Didn’t you have a thread that your parents were going to cover your accommodation, and you had something like 8k saved?
    What about the rent from the house your brother left you a few months ago?
    And you seem to have been working up until 5pm yesterday on another thread

:cool:

OUCH …… :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
Advertisement