Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a co-sleeper

Options
  • 03-08-2020 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

At least i think that's what they are called!

Any recommendations? Third baby but will definitely be getting one this time. Good few on the market (chicco, babylo ...) so not sure which to go for. They all look to do exactly the same thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I was in same boat as you. I just bought the next2me Chico bog standard one. I think it’s called elegance? Easier to find sheets for it :)
    The heights fit my bed.....some of the other brands didn’t!

Still in the box so I can’t comment on it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

My brother is lending me his this time, I didn't buy sheets, I'm using two pillows cases, that way I know they'll fit. I found the crib sheets very tight and shrink so easy

Aveen wrote: »
    My brother is lending me his this time, I didn't buy sheets, I'm using two pillows cases, that way I know they'll fit. I found the crib sheets very tight and shrink so easy

A standard pillow case is50cm x 75cm. Standard next2me mattress is 50cm x 80cmx 4cm . The dream and magic are slightly bigger 82cm x 51cm x 5cm.

I bought the next2me sheets on amazon for around £5 for 2.

Millem wrote: »
    A standard pillow case is50cm x 75cm. Standard next2me mattress is 50cm x 80cmx 4cm . The dream and magic are slightly bigger 82cm x 51cm x 5cm.

I know it's more to do with them shrinking, reflux babies so lots of washing lol

I know it's more to do with them shrinking, reflux babies so lots of washing lol

• Advertisement

Aveen wrote: »

Will they fit though? I haven’t even opened the box of mine yet!
    Google told me no! But a superking size pillow case would! They are very hard to get and were more expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Aldi Moses basket sheets are currently in store and for some of the next to me cribs. Worth checking out anyway.

I also second the Amazon suggestion, there are hundreds of options on there.

I had an original Co-sleeper on my first son 13 years ago, but it's the size of a full size cot and too big for our current bedroom so it'll only be used as travel cot.
    We were given a pre-lovee Babylo Cozi Sleeper this time around, it's a bit more compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

heldel00 wrote: »
    At least i think that's what they are called!

Any recommendations? Third baby but will definitely be getting one this time. Good few on the market (chicco, babylo ...) so not sure which to go for. They all look to do exactly the same thing.

Had the Chico Next to me on my 2nd and 3rd babies. Can’t fault it. The pair of them hopped in between it and the bed beside me but it made my life much easier being able to transfer them over to it rather then physically getting out of bed. I breastfed them and could line it up so I’d feed lying down and just scoot them a bit over (win). Replaced the mattress inexpensively on Amazon in between the two of them and then again when passing it onto my cousin who’s using it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I should add we travel West a lot and it folds nicely and into a travel bag very handy for the car!

• Advertisement
Advertisement