Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with existing setup

• 03-08-2020 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a problem with my setup which is puzzling.
    Sky hd 2tb box with i/o splitter with 2 outputs and one input from aerial in attic.
    There is a 4g distributor with 4 outputs in hot press.
    With everything setup like it was for years, no signal now found on any tv.
    Just the main tv via hdmi from sky box.
    Okay, so i join the saorview cable from the attic to the distribution cable and all tvs have perfect saorview.
    This means that the 4g distributer is working correctly and just leaves the sky box and i/o as a question mark?
    So i bring down my old black sky hd box, press backup to check for updates, wire it up as it does not need the i/o and i have the same problem.
    I didn't pair the card but BBC had the snooker which came through perfect.
    I always used channel 38 on the RF out but also tried 36 and a few others.
    If i don't use the saorview cable i get a very snowy sky picture coming through with both boxes.
    One other thing the sky magic eyes are lit but they don't operate as in change the sky box channels.
    What RF channel do ye recommend?
    I am just wondering if i am getting interference somewhere?

Any ideas?

Regards

KMB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What is the 4g distributor, is it a powered distribution amp or passive splitter?

Regarding the RF output channel, the 50s are clear of terrestrial broadcasting, try ome of those.

How many Sky magic eyes are connected? Disconnect them and test each one separately to see if they are causing an issue.

Advertisement