Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

digging a hole - what cover?

• 03-08-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Ok, so first of all apologies as this could be the worst question ever asked :)

I am getting broadband connected to the house and I have a long driveway. Out the front before the house was built a mains cable was boxed up and put a few feet under ground. (I could have this lingo all wrong!) Essentially ahead of the service providers coming I need to dig this up so they can connect to the pole. Just FYI no health and safety issue as it's not connected to mains etc - its just a cable which needs to be connected.

What is the best thing to cover this hole? I assume a manhole cover. Do I need concrete etc for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Make the broadband connection inside an ABS junction box, fill the junction box with clear silicon to make water proof and screw the lid on, bury as normal.

Advertisement