Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 4-6 months frozen Steak and Salmon ok to eat?

• 03-08-2020 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I have some steak and Salmon that's been in the freezer almost 6 months. Just wondering if its ok or should I chuck it out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

As long as it remained frozen the entire time, is thawed and cooked correctly it will be totally fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Definitely eat it, enjoy... I love steak and salmon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,611 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

they will be fine, in general meat will lose nutrient quality the longer its stored so you should turn your freezer contents more often

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭scilover

Well, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, any food stored at exactly 0°F is safe to eat indefinitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scilover wrote: »
    Well, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, any food stored at exactly 0°F is safe to eat indefinitely.

His freezer is not going to be that cold.
    Which is why there's a time limit on domestic freezers. Although 6 months is fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement