Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Lost / Stolen

• 03-08-2020 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭

At some time today, my iPhone was lost / stolen. It’s now switched off so not looking good :(

Couple questions...

When it’s switched on again and another sim is probably entered, will it show up on Find My iPhone.. I’ve also selected Lost Mode. If another sim is entered will the message with the contact number still show up? Will it ping with Find My iPhone as to where it might be?

Failing all that, what’s the best way to block it? Bought it outright so not registered with any network. Have the receipt but no imei number etc.

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Just a quick question on this...

When I log in to iCloud.com/find my iPhone is still showing as offline.

Does the fact that it shows up here indicate that Find My IPhone was enabled?

Is there anyway someone could be using it with a different sim or is the phone useless to anyone?

Any other way to ensure it’s not being used? Can you block imei? It was an unlocked phone bought outright so not linked to any network etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

When the phone is powered up again and there’s data on it “find my phone” will show up if it’s activated. I had mine stolen and got it back through find my phone. If it’s still offline it could be lost and just out of juice. Whoever your sim provider is can block the imei number.

Advertisement