Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2021 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

Hello ladies,
    Nervously joining the April 2021 brigade. A successful first round of IVF. Had a scan a few days ago and was confirmed 8 weeks. Had zero symptoms up til now other than tiredness. Woke this morning and have had some blood :( Hoping and praying it's just spotting. Will make GP tomorrow and hope they can put me at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 April21

donkey10 wrote: »
    Oh so if your going private they will be allowed to attend

I’m going private for antenatal care and my partner is not allowed to hospital visits/scans. He came to a private scan I organised myself at the ultrasound suite. I hear the rotunda are now allowing partners to go to the 20week scan? Hopefully all the other hospitals will follow suit

FairCity12 wrote: »
    Hello ladies,
    Nervously joining the April 2021 brigade. A successful first round of IVF. Had a scan a few days ago and was confirmed 8 weeks. Had zero symptoms up til now other than tiredness. Woke this morning and have had some blood :( Hoping and praying it's just spotting. Will make GP tomorrow and hope they can put me at ease.

Welcome FairCity12, there can be lots of reasons for blood so hopefully it’s not anything worrisome and hopefully your GP can give you some reassurance or maybe refer to the EPAU for assessment.

April21 wrote: »
    Welcome FairCity12, there can be lots of reasons for blood so hopefully it’s not anything worrisome and hopefully your GP can give you some reassurance or maybe refer to the EPAU for assessment.

Yes hope so. I didn't want to be overly dramatic ringing doctor on call. Rang them recently about something unrelated and wasn't best pleased at paying €50 for nothing - still had to go to my own GP that time!

I'm hoping that this is just the beginning of my pregnancy symptoms. I guess I had been lucky not to have had anything before this. Praying that's all it is anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23 maca13

Hi!!! Due 19th April 2020 :) Have had previous miscarriage after IVF so terrified. Went for a private scan on Saturday @ 8+6 and all good thank god, so hopefully Il calm down a bit!!!
    We decided to go public...after spending a fortune on fertility treatment previously (this baba is a surprise/miracle)...and im wondering has anyone gotten notification regarding an anti-natal appointment or scan at this stage?

• Advertisement

maca13 wrote: »
    Hi!!! Due 19th April 2020 :) Have had previous miscarriage after IVF so terrified. Went for a private scan on Saturday @ 8+6 and all good thank god, so hopefully Il calm down a bit!!!
    We decided to go public...after spending a fortune on fertility treatment previously (this baba is a surprise/miracle)...and im wondering has anyone gotten notification regarding an anti-natal appointment or scan at this stage?

I went to my GP today to get the hospital referral ball rolling and was told it could be week 18 - 20 when they call for a scan! Is this the norm?! What happened to the 12 week scan? I don't mind paying for a private one, but I was surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Babyonboard95

I went to my GP today to get the hospital referral ball rolling and was told it could be week 18 - 20 when they call for a scan! Is this the norm?! What happened to the 12 week scan? I don't mind paying for a private one, but I was surprised!

I got a letter 10 days ago calling me for my first scan appointment, I will be 12+2 the day of the scan. My GP said I should expect to get another Scan around 20 weeks also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

My partner went to doc in week six, got letters 2 weeks ago. First scan week 12 3 days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Which hospital is it?12 weeks would be the norm but I know Holles St were around 17 weeks for a while certainly....whether that is still the case I am not sure.

shesty wrote: »
    Which hospital is it?12 weeks would be the norm but I know Holles St were around 17 weeks for a while certainly....whether that is still the case I am not sure.

OLOL Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Unusual, I think they usually do a 12 week appointment (they are near enough to us), unless there are delays related to Coronavirus precautions?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 maggie23

Hi all,
    Jumping in, my due date is April 30th.
    First pregnancy after IVF and been trying to conceive for 4 years.

I had an early scan with my clinic yesterday and all is perfect thank god and they discharged me.

Planning on going private in Mullingar and have my GP visit tomorrow.
    I’m hoping they bring me in for first visit on the 12 weeks as I’m so anxious.

Hi Maggie23. Im hoping that i get at 12 week appointment soon too otherwise im going to go and have another private one where my hubby can come too.
    On a separate note...anyone taking Pregnacare and finding its making the nausea worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Hi Maggie23. Im hoping that i get at 12 week appointment soon too otherwise im going to go and have another private one where my hubby can come too.
    On a separate note...anyone taking Pregnacare and finding its making the nausea worse?

Popping in from Sept thread but I found this too. Used to make me feel way worse. I then started taking them just before bed and found that much better. As I was asleep I didn't notice if they made me feel sick.

Popping in from Sept thread but I found this too. Used to make me feel way worse. I then started taking them just before bed and found that much better. As I was asleep I didn't notice if they made me feel sick.

I had been feeling so nauseous the last few nights and tried this last night and it was a success. Is anyone waking at night every 2/3 hours to go to the toilet? Is that normal this early on?

I had been feeling so nauseous the last few nights and tried this last night and it was a success. Is anyone waking at night every 2/3 hours to go to the toilet? Is that normal this early on?

Hi Babyonboard95, how far along are you now? I was going to the toilet during the night from about 6-9 weeks then it settled down. Apparently it gets better once the uterus moves up and isnt sitting on the bladder as much. I will come back again in the third trimester as squishing the bladder again.

I also found the pregnacare made me nauseous but thats passed now. But made me awfully awfully constipated! So I've started taking it every second day and alternating it with folic acid and vitamin D. That way I get folic acid and vitamin D daily and the pregnacare every second day which has helped a little. I have a pretty good diet and my iron levels were good going into pregnancy also so hopefully that will be ok for now. I'm dreading if I have to take iron later in pregnancy. I eat so much fibre but still constipated and it dreadful!

Oh God me too....its horendus, im guzzling prune juice and thats not even helping!!

April21 wrote: »
    I also found the pregnacare made me nauseous but thats passed now. But made me awfully awfully constipated! So I've started taking it every second day and alternating it with folic acid and vitamin D. That way I get folic acid and vitamin D daily and the pregnacare every second day which has helped a little. I have a pretty good diet and my iron levels were good going into pregnancy also so hopefully that will be ok for now. I'm dreading if I have to take iron later in pregnancy. I eat so much fibre but still constipated and it dreadful!

Same problem here. I thought I was feeling ok but relating to the problems on this has made me think otherwise 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17 maggie23

I’m the same with pregnacare so I’m just finished and a friend recommended the neals yard pregnancy supplement and a separate omega so going to give it a go.
    I’m up every night to use the toilet and awake for a few hours now every night after - never had that before.
    Finding the constipation too but I’m on progesterone injections and gel and I don’t think that’s helping.
    The nauseous is getting more manageable too I’m hoping it stays that way. Anyone else have a bump already? I’m having to avoid people but I’m guessing a lot of it is to do with the ivf meds

• Advertisement

I seem to have a teeny bump in the evenings but im guessing thats more food than baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lauramc58

Hiya, I’m in OLOL too and I’m going in for my booking appt at 12 weeks, it takes about 2-3 hours total and includes a scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lauramc58

Hello!
    Joining in on this thread as I’m due April 19th :) This will be my second, I have a 2 year old also. Unfortunately I’m suffering from sickness again and I’m also very bloated this time around, it’s very uncomfortable!

lauramc58 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Joining in on this thread as I’m due April 19th :) This will be my second, I have a 2 year old also. Unfortunately I’m suffering from sickness again and I’m also very bloated this time around, it’s very uncomfortable!

Welcome lauramc58!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Yup waking twice id say overnight yet i stop drinking fluids ages before bedtime. Im having my second and never recall getting up twice overnight with my first. Im just gone 9 weeks. I suppose every time.is different!

Also switched to taking pregnacare around 7.30pm. Nausousness is still there during the day but dont find it as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

lauramc58 wrote: »
    Hello!

Welcome and congrats. I feel your pain. Have a 2.5 year old. Defo feel more tired this time around as well as more nausous and bloated. I guess every pregnancy is different as they say!

A few people I know have announced pregnancies in the last week or two, all due in March. Can’t wait to see who else I know will be ‘announcing‘ for April. Had a spa day last weekend and it felt so nice ticking ‘pregnant’ on the form I had to fill out.. and writing a big ‘NO’ next to the are you a smoker question. I had been smoking 20+ before finding out I was pregnant

A few people I know have announced pregnancies in the last week or two, all due in March. Can’t wait to see who else I know will be ‘announcing‘ for April. Had a spa day last weekend and it felt so nice ticking ‘pregnant’ on the form I had to fill out.. and writing a big ‘NO’ next to the are you a smoker question. I had been smoking 20+ before finding out I was pregnant

I am away for a few days so had the ease of going to Boots where noone knew me...saying 'Im pregnant and is there anything at all you can give me for constipation'...and she did!!Liberating and proud feeling :)

I had a doctors appointment today and she checked for babies heart beat but couldn’t hear it. She told me not to be alarmed that there is only a 50/50 chance of being able to hear it at 10 weeks but I am obviously worried now. My scan is still 2 weeks away

• Advertisement

I had a doctors appointment today and she checked for babies heart beat but couldn’t hear it. She told me not to be alarmed that there is only a 50/50 chance of being able to hear it at 10 weeks but I am obviously worried now. My scan is still 2 weeks away

I'm sorry you have had this experience. 10 weeks is very very early to be hearing the heartbeat with a doppler. Perhaps your GP should not have attempted? Normally it is done well after your booking scan when the uterus/baby is bigger and not so far below the pelvis. Maybe ring your GP to discuss your concerns? It does not mean there is no heartbeat if it has not been picked up with a doppler at this stage but I can understand where your frustration and worry is coming from. Perhaps your GP would be in a position to contact the EPAU to see if they could see you earlier for some reassurance?

Advertisement