Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please

Options
  • 03-08-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi. I have two screens which I would like to connect to laptop. At the moment I am using one screen along with my laptop with a vga-hdmi adapter. Is the an adapter which I can plug two vga''s into. Unfortunately screens do not take hdmi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

ecdi wrote: »
    Hi. I have two screens which I would like to connect to laptop. At the moment I am using one screen along with my laptop with a vga-hdmi adapter. Is the an adapter which I can plug two vga''s into. Unfortunately screens do not take hdmi
    To extend your displays, you have to use separate connection from laptop for each.
    Plugging two monitors to one port (via splitter) will result in duplicate output - both screens will show same.

Post your laptop make/model as well as screens you have so we can suggest a solution, providing your laptop support such.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ecdi

To extend your displays, you have to use separate connection from laptop for each.
    Plugging two monitors to one port (via splitter) will result in duplicate output - both screens will show same.

Post your laptop make/model as well as screens you have so we can suggest a solution, providing your laptop support such.
    Thanks for reply

Laptop is accer Aspire 3. Screens are NEC multisync EA223wm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

The monitors seem to have digital inputs (DP and DVI-D), but the laptop has just the one HDMI output, so there's no way to connect a second monitor. Even if you buy a splitter, both monitors will display the exact same picture.

If you want to take a chance, you can try a gizmo like this. Based on comments, you need to download a newer driver from the Chinese website, and hope that it works.

JoyPad wrote: »
    The monitors seem to have digital inputs (DP and DVI-D), but the laptop has just the one HDMI output, so there's no way to connect a second monitor. Even if you buy a splitter, both monitors will display the exact same picture.

If you want to take a chance, you can try a gizmo like this. Based on comments, you need to download a newer driver from the Chinese website, and hope that it works.

Thank you. I just bought laptop new. Return for one with two HDMI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

ecdi wrote: »
    Thank you. I just bought laptop new. Return for one with two HDMI?

I don't think there are any laptops with two HDMI connectors.
    What you want is a compatible docking station with outputs matching your monitors. Depending on the exact model of Aspire 3 (there are more than a dozen), you probably have a USB 3.0 port (either USB-A or USB-C), and for this, you could find an adapter with DP, DVI-D or even VGA connector.

Have a look around this site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

you need a USB3.0 'docking station' which I am sure others have suggested and you will find loads of options on Amazon.

BailMeOut wrote: »
    you need a USB3.0 'docking station' which I am sure others have suggested and you will find loads of options on Amazon.

Would you mind posting a link I can't seem to find one that fits what I have

Advertisement