Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile can’t receive calls - calls forwarded

Options
  • 04-08-2020 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Anyone have an issue with Eir not allowing incoming calls from anyone ?

On investigating it looks like all calls are forwarded to 08557222222.

I’ve fixed a few family members phones by cancelling all diverts and call forwarding.

A lot of people around the country reporting the issue on Twitter, search for “eir calls”.

Seems to be an issue late last week.

No mention of this from Eir.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket

That's strange. Checked my phone a min ago and diverts are all where I would expect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

08557222222 Is Eir’s voicemail

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Cork981

That's strange. Checked my phone a min ago and diverts are all where I would expect them.

Few friends I checked with were fine but I’ve seen 5 phones with the issue this weekend.

Which divert was set ?

*21* ? Unconditional ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

My own number was not affected but there is another number in my account which was.

What’s the number for? Has Eir said anything about this?
    Cork981 wrote: »
    Anyone have an issue with Eir not allowing incoming calls from anyone ?

On investigating it looks like all calls are forwarded to 08557222222.

I’ve fixed a few family members phones by cancelling all diverts and call forwarding.

A lot of people around the country reporting the issue on Twitter, search for “eir calls”.

Seems to be an issue late last week.

No mention of this from Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Wife's phone cannot receive calls. She popped into carphone warehouse who said the problem is with Eir and many people were complaining.

Just dial ##21# and it should delete any unconditional call diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭slith

Just dial ##21# and it should delete any unconditional call diversion.

But how are these diversions/forwardings getting there in the first place? On iOS there is a setting directly under Settings->Phone->Call Forwarding.

But the bigger concern is who turned these diversions on, was it a bug in Eir's system, did they get hacked? Did someone accidentally do this?

Diversions are setup by your phone sending commands as dialled numbers. They’re actually set on the mobile network switching system (exchange). The phone menus just automate the commands.

The full list of codes are here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unstructured_Supplementary_Service_Data

It sounds like someone’s running a batch process on Eir’s network to update the voicemail settings and screwed it up, causing a load of people to have their phones unconditionally sent to voicemail.

It would be a pretty pointless hack as all it’s doing is diverting all your calls to voicemail.

To setup correctly do the following

##21# - removes the unconditional divert setting.

If your number were 085 XXX XXXX do the following:

**004* 08X 5 XXX XXXX #

(The last 7 digits of your mobile number prefixed by 5 is your voicemail box)

This sets up all the conditional diversion options to that number.
    So that’s divert on busy, on no reply and if your phone is switched off/not in coverage.

To check your settings just dial *#21# this will show you if there’s any unconditional diversion/forwarding set.

Advertisement