Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now Tv Stick renewal question?

• 04-08-2020 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum (mods feel free to move).

I bought a few Now TV boxes recently with Free Passes on them. Approaching the end of the first month and want to know can I start using the new stick without losing any of my passes on the old, i.e. can they be 'stacked" on top of each other?

If so, how do I go about doing same? Apologies if these are really obvious/dumb questions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Thinking when time is up it wont work until its renewed and your other sticks if not used would start from scratch.They are like a credit card with different numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ok, thanks.

When I signed up though I had to give credit card details. I’d rather avoid them being used for renewal automatically and just use the sticks before deciding if this is something I want to continue with.

Any easy way to do this and keep the continuity of service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Login to your account and add the pass from the new stick. If it works, great. If not it'll just say the pass was not valid.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm probably explaining this really badly so apologies if that's the case.

I guess what I'm asking is for example if I have used 3 weeks of a 1 month pass on one stick and then I add the next stick do I keep that eztra week I had left on the previous stick or is it now "gone"/wasted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭biketard

(Note that I'm currently in the UK, but I don't see why this would be any different in Ireland.)

I've done exactly what you're wanting to do with no issues. You have a couple of options and I can't remember which one I did (possibly I've tried both, because I've done this more than once).

One quick question, did you get a card with the stick with a credit voucher number you can type in or did it just automatically do it?

Option 1: Cancel your pass before the month is up. You still get to use it until the end of the month and if you then add any more credit to it, either by paying with your credit card or with a voucher from a shop or new NowTV stick, it will know it is you/your account, because it will ask you to log in (make sure you use the same login details!) If you're really worried about the overlap issue, just cancel the first one now and wait until the day it tells you you can't watch any more shows before using the new stick/voucher.

Option 2: Just set up your second stick now. Again, it will know it's you/your account because you will be asked to log in. It shouldn't overlap the vouchers and should just add the new one to the end of the old one. The only thing it MIGHT do is say it can't apply the new voucher because you are currently using another one, in which case, just do option 1.

Just to clarify, the credit goes to your account, rather than the stick itself. As long as you're logging into the same account on both, you should be good.

• Advertisement

biketard wrote: »
    (Note that I'm currently in the UK, but I don't see why this would be any different in Ireland.)

I've done exactly what you're wanting to do with no issues. You have a couple of options and I can't remember which one I did (possibly I've tried both, because I've done this more than once).

One quick question, did you get a card with the stick with a credit voucher number you can type in or did it just automatically do it?

Option 1: Cancel your pass before the month is up. You still get to use it until the end of the month and if you then add any more credit to it, either by paying with your credit card or with a voucher from a shop or new NowTV stick, it will know it is you/your account, because it will ask you to log in (make sure you use the same login details!) If you're really worried about the overlap issue, just cancel the first one now and wait until the day it tells you you can't watch any more shows before using the new stick/voucher.

Option 2: Just set up your second stick now. Again, it will know it's you/your account because you will be asked to log in. It shouldn't overlap the vouchers and should just add the new one to the end of the old one. The only thing it MIGHT do is say it can't apply the new voucher because you are currently using another one, in which case, just do option 1.

Just to clarify, the credit goes to your account, rather than the stick itself. As long as you're logging into the same account on both, you should be good.

Thanks! I'll try these tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,484 ✭✭✭greasepalm

As not having or using them how is the quality sd or hd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭decor58

greasepalm wrote: »
    As not having or using them how is the quality sd or hd?

I find the quality very good, VM player is better than the sd on Saorview, RTE, VM, Netflix YouTube quality very good, I think.

Advertisement