Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will schools be able to go back in September? (Continued)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

khalessi wrote: »
    How to keep schools open? Hmm maybe could the two teachers going home in the car together, one dropping the other on the way, keep their masks on:rolleyes: Was facepalming when I saw them.

Are these your colleagues?

Will Yam wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Doesn’t always play out that way.

After all there is one poster who described another as “weird........with no children.......prowling round the site”

I’m not sure what meaning you would put on this sort of stuff, but I know what meaning I put on it.

And that poster carries on, and on.

I was told I had a “b*tchy personality”. Forgive me for not quoting. I suppose they were attacking my personality and not me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Lillyfae wrote: »
    I was told I had a “b*tchy personality”. Forgive me for not quoting. I suppose they were attacking my personality and not me :D

Ah Lilly how could someone misjudge you like that? Come here and I’ll give you an auld cuddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

And it appears that many of those doing the attacking are the very people who are intolerant of any questioning of teachers, I.e. the so called “teacher bashers”

Ah now Willy getting into bed with NonTeachingGal makes it appear like you’re trolling and we all know you would never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Blondini wrote: »
    Down tools? Working hard yourself there me old chum?
    Hmm? You've been here ALL day. ALL day.

Now slither away to another thread me little pal.

Says the poster with the 3rd highest postcount in the thread. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

How to keep schools open? Hmm maybe could the two teachers going home in the car together, one dropping the other on the way, keep their masks on:rolleyes: Was facepalming when I saw them.

Not a great look is it. In our school, we've asked families not to carpool like they would have other years and then you have idiots doing that.

Says the poster with the 3rd highest postcount in the thread. :rolleyes:

I suppose it’s not hard with such nuggets of wit as this:
    Blondini wrote: »
    What you get for passing GO in Monopoly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Are these your colleagues?

Sadly yes

Sadly yes

Not that I think it needs to be pointed out, but there are lots of risks that can’t be avoided in a school. This is a risk that can easily be avoided. These people know well the risk and simply don’t care, and they’re your colleagues. Do you have any thoughts on that at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I see the hysteria in this thread progressed to full blown mental breakdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Not that I think it needs to be pointed out, but there are lots of risks that can’t be avoided in a school. This is a risk that can easily be avoided. These people know well the risk and simply don’t care, and they’re your colleagues. Do you have any thoughts on that at all?

I think the fact I mentioned facepalm in the original message would indicate my thoughts.

But to be clear I think it is stupid, and irresponsible, they were in their 20s and dont have the background in cross infection and dont possibly realise the dangers.

meeeeh wrote: »
    I see the hysteria in this thread progressed to full blown mental breakdown.

How so?

I think the fact I mentioned facepalm in the original message would indicate my thoughts.

But to be clear I think it is stupid, and irresponsible, they were in their 20s and dont have the background in cross infection and dont possibly realise the dangers.

Age isn't an excuse. Also one doesn't need to have any background in cross infection to know the world we live in today. Same idiots probably went to a house party at the weekend. Stupid doesn't have an age barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

How so?

When the schools with outbreaks were counted (badly) there was at least some substance, now it seems it's just teachers shouting at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

And they got enough points in the leaving cert to do a basic degree!

meeeeh wrote: »
    When the schools with outbreaks were counted (badly) there was at least some substance, now it seems it's just teachers shouting at each other.

Or simply making figures up, like on here.

Where are the made up figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

only thing made up ive seen is the assumption that schools are somehow safe zones from this pandemic.

Where are the made up figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

only thing made up ive seen is the assumption that schools are somehow safe zones from this pandemic.

Who said that?

• Advertisement

There’s nowhere safe from this pandemic.

Wherever did you get that idea?

Who said that?

well if everyone of ye pushing for schools to stay 100% as normal doesnt believe that how the hell do ye justify what is happening within schools?

well if everyone of ye pushing for schools to stay 100% as normal doesnt believe that how the hell do ye justify what is happening within schools?

As normal?

Wherever did you get that?

There’s nowhere safe from this pandemic.

Wherever did you get that idea?

good to know that you think this virus is dangerous within schools, if so why do you think its okay to have schools running at full numbers with no social distancing or effective measures in place to stop close spread, particularly when compared to just about every other form of business run in ireland at the moment?

As normal?

Wherever did you get that?

I got it working in a school! bar masks (part time) and staggered lunches schools are running as normal (bar the horrible tension)

It's at least that since the schools reopened. Special school in Cork told to close today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

I honestly haven’t seen anyone saying that but may have missed it.

good to know that you think this virus is dangerous within schools, if so why do you think its okay to have schools running at full numbers with no social distancing or effective measures in place to stop close spread, particularly when compared to just about every other form of business run in ireland at the moment?

It may come as a surprise to you to learn that the virus is dangerous in hospitals, nursing homes, supermarkets , restaurants, pubs, churches and lots of other places. Even walking down the street it can be dangerous.

I can’t understand why you would imagine schools would be different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

And it appears that many of those doing the attacking are the very people who are intolerant of any questioning of teachers, I.e. the so called “teacher bashers”

What have the teachers done, apart from teachinggal who earlier in the thread admitting to not doing anything once schools letout, to deserve any "questioning?"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

Any response to the 200 question?

The question was clearly answered at the time they posted. If you're confused, you should go back to review instead of badgering Blondini.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement