Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will schools be able to go back in September? (Continued)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Then there the ones that have no interest or perhaps arent capable of adding to the conversation who can see 35 children in the room but no solutions.

Nothing can be done
    Nothing is possible
    We cant
    We wouldn't be able

No solutions.

The only room our school has to hold 35 kids while applying SD and proper air ventilation is a car park..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Where will the staff come from ?

The €376 million package includes:

€53 million for an additional 1080 teachers

€84.7 million so schools can employ replacement teaching, sna and admin staff

€41.2 million for primary subs

€40 million for additional supervision post primary
    Min 1 release day for principal per week

xhomelezz wrote: »
    The only room our school has to hold 35 kids while applying SD and proper air ventilation is a car park..

Of course it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

HerrKuehn wrote: »
    if only the WHO and NPHET had a school teacher or an electrician to interpret the science for them.

Is Mike Ryan either of these?

I was listening to him talking on Today with Sarah McINnerney

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11221260

About the 45 minute mark or so he is asked about young people and recent studies and how likely they are to spread or pass it on. Here is a transcript of what he said.

Young people not as likely to get as sick but we dont know what the long term effects of even mild or moderate disease. In terms of passing it on, most of the data would suggest that younger people over the age of 10 or 12 those teenagers, participate in transmission just as effeciently as older adults. Those under 10 not quite as much.

The fact remain whatever part they play, younger peoples behaviour as we have seen in many countries has greatly either contributed to the disease getting better or to the disease getting worse and our younger people need to take that on board.

Everybody has a responsibility in this response, a responsibility to protect yourself and a responsibility to protect others, particularly those who are vunerable to more severe disease, older people, people with underlying conditions. So it is really important to act smart, get smart and do the things that need to be done. Its tough but we have to sustain the effort.

We dont know effects of disease in younger people and we have seen deaths in younger people and also seen how in many cases of moderate disease,people who weren't even put into hospital long term heart effects of this disease. It.. we cannot make assumptions about the long term effects are, but protect yourself, protect others, make the right decisions and try to sustain this effort. I know its tough very difficult, easy to say, hard to do but we need to make that effort and younger people are part of the solution and not part of the problem, not in Ireland but they need to continue to be part of the solution.

Well done. we have all read the document many times and appreciate the fact that you have learnt how to use copy and paste and like to show off your skills but give it a break you have been no help to anyone and interpret things incorrectly as has been pointed out by a few people.

Tents in Ireland are not suitable in Winter and it just feel like you revel in taking the proverbial.

As has been pointed out before the above looks nice but doesnt translate properly not that the Dept care as optics are all that matter to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭HerrKuehn

the corpo wrote: »
    So, again, very concerned the Department aren't paying attention to current science and basing their decisions on all the older evidence, and our schools will be at risk from the slow position shifting of the WHO and NPHET.

This is what I was referring to

Of course it is

Well, seems you have an answer for everything. Beyond my understanding is why to insist on stubborn full reopening, instead to do half in half out. Give a chance to schools to cop on with that screw up plan, make teachers safer, make kids safer, make parents safer. Why don't you take that into your consideration? Instead of buying f.. tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

the corpo wrote: »
    If I don't think it's reasonably safe, of course I won't. Risk is acceptable, but a dangerous amount of risk isn't.

I certainly agree that a dangerous amount of risk is not acceptable.
    But you don't get to decide for everyone what is and is not acceptable.

More people died in Ireland during July 2019 than in July 2020. Maybe if we all hide under our beds we can reduce the death rates further.
    But what if the bed falls and kills us...???

Open up the schools - if there's a cluster, then close down that school ONLY, and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭F5500

Might as well follow the government guidelines to a T and open up all schools full tilt.

That way when cases do spike in mid September there'll be only one direction to send the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Are any schools investing in extra toilets for staff?
    We have two toilets and over 20 staff.
    Will we have to stagger toilet breaks too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Are any schools investing in extra toilets for staff?
    We have two toilets and over 20 staff.
    Will we have to stagger toilet breaks too?

Is this a serious post?
    Poor teachers might have to wait a few minutes to use the facilities.

Go back to school - wear a mask and be thankful you have a job that pays out every week (whether you are there or not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Is this a serious post?

Go back to school - wear a mask and be thankful you have a job that pays out every week (whether you are there or not).

Stand back people... there's a new playa in town...

State of that post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Fringey and Alrighty found a friend. Yay. Hope they buy get a nice tent or rent a pub for their classes on how to be as myopic as possible while ignoring the several elephants in the overly small rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I certainly agree that a dangerous amount of risk is not acceptable.
    But you don't get to decide for everyone what is and is not acceptable.

Eh...I never said I did get to decide. I said *I* won't send my own kids into a dangerous environment.

Well, seems you have an answer for everything. Beyond my understanding is why to insist on stubborn full reopening, instead to do half in half out. Give a chance to schools to cop on with that screw up plan, make teachers safer, make kids safer, make parents safer. Why don't you take that into your consideration? Instead of buying f.. tents.

You must be quite naive if you think all the companies that stayed open during the pandemic ran out and built new canteens

:confused:
    You must be quite naive if you think all the companies that stayed open during the pandemic ran out and built new canteens

Is this a serious post?

The must have bad aim :pac:

:confused:

Where do you think they got extra space for canteens?

Where do you think they got extra space for canteens?

Have no idea what canteens has to do with my post.

Have no idea what canteens has to do with my post.

So you dont know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Trust us the teachers really aren't there. Why won't you listen to those of us actually live through these issues in real life.

So you dont know

Haha I just don't know what you talking about. So after reading my post you came up with canteens.. Excellent :D

Haha I just don't know what you talking about. So after reading my post you came up with canteens.. Excellent :D

It okay that you have no real world experience during pandemic times

Similar to yourself so

Trust us the teachers really aren't there. Why won't you listen to those of us actually live through these issues in real life.

A satellite room feeding from the main class doesnt need a separate teacher. Anyone with garda vetting and a bit of child care experience could supervise.

khalessi wrote: »
    Similar to yourself so

Ok, I know my role was instrumental in keeping the country running. I wasnt under my bed.

But theres no need to thank me, I know you secretly appreciate my efforts

A satellite room feeding from the main class doesnt need a separate teacher. Anyone with garda vetting and a bit of child care experience could supervise.

There is your ignorance showing again. If children are in a separate room they need a teacher for legal reasons and also to explain if the children are stuck.

Well, just so you know, I've never stopped working through the pandemic. In fact was even more busy. Seems like your real world is definitely different than mine. Still don't know how canteens came up with relation to my post. But don't worry, I'll live with that and leave you in your real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

So a non qualified person is the type of person dispatched to the marquee? What happened to all these teachers that the headline figures are meant to be paying?

Legally the children are meant to have a teacher with them.

• Advertisement

khalessi wrote: »
    There is your ignorance showing again. If children are in a separate room they need a teacher for legal reasons and also to explain if the children are stuck.
    The teacher from the main room is connected by live streaming link. If the child is stuck the teacher can help them.

Please link the legislation you are referring to

Im sure they be able to manage to Explain if the child is stuck adding 2 +2

Also ots recommended the students in the satellite room are rotated so they can ask in the next class if they are still stuck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement