Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will schools be able to go back in September? (Continued)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Clear information that no one can try and deny, twist it or try and portray as fake.

316 cases in people aged 5 to 14 in the time period 12th to 25th of September.

186 in the two weeks before that.

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/covid-1914-dayepidemiologyreports/COVID-19_14_day_epidemiology_report_Website_26092020.pdf

You don't know how many of them are being home schooled, after all we are being told by certain posters that home transmission is far more likely than school transmission.

The issue is the point I was making yesterday. The Facebook group has such a high number of members due to the lack of official information. The information vacuum around numbers associated with schools is the reason it has taken off.

All of us teachers have either direct knowledge of or are in schools where we know close contacts have been for want of a better word 'fudged'. I know of a class with a positive case where the public health team rang the principal, spoke to them for less than two minutes, didn't ask for class layout details, really didn't ask for anything and then announced there were no close contacts. This despite the fact that the kid had been sent home from school due to coughing and a fever the morning before. Not one person, kids, teacher or SNA from that room were considered close contacts. Makes no sense.

It appears that the decision is completely dependent on the individual from the HSE that contacts the school. No consistency in approach which is a major concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

I believe the principal. Dismiss all you want but it doesn't change the truth of the matter.

I don’t doubt for a moment that you both know and believe the principal.

I would trust you if you said something as a fact (although I might question the conclusions you draw from it).

But that’s not really the issue here. The issue is whether a crowd of people on Facebook are to be believed.

I happen to know, reasonably well, one such person. She believes that Covid is a complete plot, is utterly paranoid about it, there is no threat etc etc etc.

So will I believe what she posts on fb, or anywhere else?

Next thing will be the fb crowd will get on joe Duffy, so let’s abolish the hse and everything else and let joe have a vote every day on what the headbangers should make happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Will Yam wrote: »
    I don’t doubt for a moment that you both know and believe the principal.

I would trust you if you said something as a fact (although I might question the conclusions you draw from it).

But that’s not really the issue here. The issue is whether a crowd of people on Facebook are to be believed.

I happen to know, reasonably well, one such person. She believes that Covid is a complete plot, is utterly paranoid about it, there is no threat etc etc etc.

Next thing will be the fb crowd will get on joe Duffy, so let’s abolish the hse and everything else and let joe have a vote every day on what the headbangers should make happen.

Anyway there are 400+ cases in 5 to 14 age range since schools went up.

A far higher number than the 200 figure you've spent your time arguing over with your shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Facetube or no face tube... What makes you believe that the Cov. thing is a more serious threat than flu? Government telling their lies in TV or what? If there was a serious threat then people would be afraid and stay at home without questioning the situation.
    Secondly the death rates would rise this year. But in fact the death rates are lower than average for the previous five years. So which solid facts make you afraid of the thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Seweryn wrote: »
    Facetube or no face tube... What makes you believe that the Cov. thing is a more serious threat than flu? Government telling their lies in TV or what? If there was a serious threat then people would be afraid and stay at home without questioning the situation.
    Secondly the death rates would rise this year. But in fact the death rates are lower than average for the previous five years. So which solid facts make you afraid of the thing?

Have you sources to back that up nationally as well as internationally?

Why would you believe the government has an interest in fabricating this pandemic? What could they possibly gain?

It appears that the decision is completely dependent on the individual from the HSE that contacts the school. No consistency in approach which is a major concern.

Much like when the inspectors come to schools. Zero consistency.

Just what the thread needs!!!

This would tend to call BS on your death rate theory.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/IRL/ireland/death-rate

Have you sources to back that up nationally as well as internationally?
    Yes, I do. I had a look at Swedish data in May (that started me questioning the whole hoax) and then our Irish death rates. Here are the numbers for Ireland. The second table on the right is after deducting the claimed Cov. deaths, just to compare all years "like for like". I would expect the increase on the right side table to be close to 0% if the claimed numbers were correct.

120123007_2886841084748719_3770708524121362529_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=WukfWVBloKYAX-havJt&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=06a3447d9bec0c4697c868218a9b4c81&oe=5F94DB44
    Why would you believe the government has an interest in fabricating this pandemic? What could they possibly gain?
    I am not going to try guessing what they are planning to do. But nothing nice it seems. If anyone trust the government, we are in trouble.

• Advertisement

This would tend to call BS on your death rate theory.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/IRL/ireland/death-rate

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Yes, I do. I had a look at Swedish data in May (that started me questioning the whole hoax) and then our Irish death rates. Here are the numbers for Ireland. The second table on the right is after deducting the claimed Cov. deaths, just to compare all years "like for like". I would expect the increase on the right side table to be close to 0% if the claimed numbers were correct.

120123007_2886841084748719_3770708524121362529_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=WukfWVBloKYAX-havJt&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=06a3447d9bec0c4697c868218a9b4c81&oe=5F94DB44

I am not going to try guessing what they are planning to do. But nothing nice it seems. If anyone trust the government, we are in trouble.

Where did you get that graph?

Where did you get that graph?
    It is a screenshot from my computer. The death numbers obtained from register ofice (they don't publish these). I just added them together and did the summary.

Sweden for example publish all their daily recorded deaths in a single excel document, so when I found it it was much easier work. Their balance at the beginning of May was closer to 0 % for all deaths (-0.6 % to be precise).

Clear information that no one can try and deny, twist it or try and portray as fake.

316 cases in people aged 5 to 14 in the time period 12th to 25th of September.

186 in the two weeks before that.

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/covid-1914-dayepidemiologyreports/COVID-19_14_day_epidemiology_report_Website_26092020.pdf

That’s a 70% increase.

The 14 day average in the country on 25/9 was 250. On 11/9 it was 130, a 92%.

So yet again the schools are doing better than other sectors. All involved deserve to be complimented.

It is a screenshot from my computer. The death numbers obtained from register ofice (they don't publish these). I just added them together and did the summary.

Sweden for example publish all their daily recorded deaths in a single excel document, so when I found it it was much easier work. Their balance at the beginning of May was closer to 0 % for all deaths (-0.6 % to be precise).

Hey Willy, what have you to say about this?

Anyway there are 400+ cases in 5 to 14 age range since schools went up.

A far higher number than the 200 figure you've spent your time arguing over with your shadow.

You actually make my case for me.

The 200 figure plucked out of the air by a vested interest was a classic case of let’s throw a figure out there.

It what the fb trump like mob do.

You actually make my case for me.

The 200 figure plucked out of the air by a vested interest was a classic case of let’s throw a figure out there.

It what the fb trump like mob do.

My dear god, you'd argue black is white if you thought it would suit your argument.

The 200 figure came from the FB group but then again you just like to try and stir.

Once again you change the point of engagement once provided with figures which negate your point of view.

Hey Willy, what have you to say about this?
    The numbers are the numbers. What more are we expecting from the facts to tell us? Ask the Government to "stamp" the facts as legitimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

My dear god, you'd argue black is white if you thought it would suit your argument.

The 200 figure came from the FB group but then again you just like to try and stir.

Once again you change the point of engagement once provided with figures which negate your point of view.

The 200 figure came from a teacher on this thread, no?

The 200 figure came from a teacher on this thread, no?

Indeed it did.

See post 8540.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

5h ago
    09:37
    France: third of new clusters in schools and universities
    In France, where a doctors’ leader has warned that the latest wave of the pandemic could “overwhelm” the country amid exhaustion on the part of health workers, Le Monde reports that a third of the new clusters are in schools and universities.

The latest figures from health officials indicate that 32% of the 899 clusters under investigation concern schools and universities.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/sep/27/coronavirus-live-updates-global-death-toll-nears-1m-australian-state-of-victoria-set-to-ease-restrictions?page=with:block-5f704cac8f088d8c714ea4b0#block-5f704cac8f088d8c714ea4b0

Balagan1 wrote: »
    5h ago
    In France, where a doctors’ leader has warned that the latest wave of the pandemic could “overwhelm” the country amid exhaustion on the part of health workers, Le Monde reports that a third of the new clusters are in schools and universities.

The latest figures from health officials indicate that 32% of the 899 clusters under investigation concern schools and universities.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/sep/27/coronavirus-live-updates-global-death-toll-nears-1m-australian-state-of-victoria-set-to-ease-restrictions?page=with:block-5f704cac8f088d8c714ea4b0#block-5f704cac8f088d8c714ea4b0

Looks like we have done very well here by comparison.

Again full marks to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Balagan1 wrote: »
    5h ago

It would be more informative if they split the figure for schools and universities. The mixing that school kids do and that of college adults can be very different.

Indeed it did.

See post 8540.

And it's since been superceded.

And it's since been superceded.

That’s right.

But the question was who plucked it out of the air originally.

Mrsmum wrote: »
    It would be more informative if they split the figure for schools and universities. The mixing that school kids do and that of college adults can be very different.

I wish they would actually give numbers for schools here, break them down for those in primary and secondary.

That’s right.

But the question was who plucked it out of the air originally.

Question is why is it still an issue when both of you were incorrect and in fact it is far higher than we all initially thought.

It wasn't plucked either and well you know.

Question is why is it still an issue when both of you were incorrect and in fact it is far higher than we all initially thought.

As i never plucked a figure out of the air how could i be right or wrong?

Maybe you should address your point to the plucker outer.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Then what is the figure?

And where are you getting this figure (as you admit the official figures are not released)?

Please don’t reference the FB page or some anecdotal figure based on your opinion.

• Advertisement

I wish they would actually give numbers for schools here, break them down for those in primary and secondary.

I wonder what that might achieve.

Right now it would lump secondary schools in stranorlar with secondary schools in clonmel, and just give an average. What use would that be?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement