Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Howth

Options
  • 04-08-2020 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all,
    We are heading to Howth for a week and am looking For recomendations for places to eat. 2 adults and 2 kids. I’m a keen Guinness drinker so where’s the best available pint also
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

You'd have a hard time finding a bad Guinness tbh. I'd say the atmosphere of the different pubs will be the decider for you.
    The Stream and Findlaters are both nice but being so close to the Dart can get a bit rammed with daytrippers.

I'd book early for a pub too as the likes of the Summit or O'Connells would have tables fairly in demand on a weekend. Both do decent food.

Similarly most of the restaurants on the east pier are solid, King Sitrics and East too.
    Oarhouse does incredible buffalo tiger prawns, don't miss them if you're in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I personally love aqua, has some great views while you eat too. Book on the R website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Crabby Joe's. Food is good and very kid friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

+1 for Aqua. Great views too. Surprisingly good value on Early Bird.

Do Crabby Joes do takeaway? Looking for an alternative to Beshoffs as the wait in high summer can be a bit long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Hi all,
    We are heading to Howth for a week and am looking For recomendations for places to eat. 2 adults and 2 kids. I’m a keen Guinness drinker so where’s the best available pint also
    Thanks

For a mix of nice meal and a few pints I usually head for either O'Connells or the Abbey Tavern.

The Bloody Stream is another option, but Ive eaten there twice since lockdown lifted and it was poor both times.

One the fancier end, Aqua as recommended above is very good. I like The Oar House too but neither come to mind as places you'd sit for a few pints.

The White House in nearby Baldoyle is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Il Panorama does really good pizzas and sandwiches, ideal for lunch or dinner on one of your days! Would be more reasonable than places like Aqua which is defo worth a visit as a treat! Il Panorama also sells italian beer and has a decent wine selection by the glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

McNeills/Krugers/Top House at the back of the church, easily has the best pints of Guinness according to pretty much every local Guinness drinker I know.
    http://www.mcneillsofhowth.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

30 Church Street - I haven't been yet but family members have and they raved about it.

https://www.30churchstreethowth.com/

30 Church Street - I haven't been yet but family members have and they raved about it.

Chateaubriand for two for €50 on Tuesdays catches my eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

East cafe bar isnt a bad spot either and good sea food, its down at the King Sitric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

O Connells if you're after a pint and food.
    Octopussys is fantastic - but I dont know about lockdown (its tiny).

Zulu wrote: »
    O Connells if you're after a pint and food.
    Octopussys is fantastic - but I dont know about lockdown (its tiny).

Aye I have not been to Octopussys, but seafood tapas intrigues me, will defo give it a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Went last week and had the chateaubriand deal. Excellent! Food was outstanding and the service etc was great. Thanks for the head up! :D

Advertisement