Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GCN Race Pass

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's happened me a few times, if I kill the app and restart it works as normal again. Sometimes I've had to do so a couple of times in quick succession which is not ideal.

Ya. It's a bit of a pain. I just DM'd them on Twitter so lets see the response

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Anyone having difficulty with this?
    For the last two days whatever race I click on its just coming up with a red screen
    with the race details.

EDIT:
    Sorted by logging out of the app AND on the laptop and logging back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Is this any better now as a matter of interest? I've toying with the idea of either this or the eurosport app. 39.99 for gcn sounds dear when the same price gets you a year's eurosport which includes more cycling than I could ever watch. And if the GCN app is glitchy and patchy... :(

Can't speak for the GCN app I've stuck with eurosport, exact same content in terms of racing and you have access to everything else too.

Heads up theres racing today on the road just gone live so I'll have an eye on that in the background on the laptop while the CX is on cast to the TV

Can't speak for the GCN app I've stuck with eurosport, exact same content in terms of racing and you have access to everything else too.

Heads up theres racing today on the road just gone live so I'll have an eye on that in the background on the laptop while the CX is on cast to the TV

What road racing is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

fat bloke wrote: »

Grand Prix de Marseillaise.

CX World Championships are also on.(Men's elite race on shortly)

fat bloke wrote: »

GP Marseillaise, 1.1 race but 7 world tour teams there after the Spanish races were cancelled.

We already have eurosport 1 and 2 through virgin media so it's a bit of an extravagance to pay 40 quid for any app. It is a bit baffling that a world champs (cx) event is shuffled towards the back of the deck on the two channels though.

GP Marseillaise, 1.1 race but 7 world tour teams there after the Spanish races were cancelled.

And the startlist

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/gp-d-ouverture/2021/startlist

On the CX I think BBC have it on the iplayer and red button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The prize giving for the GP de Marseille is hilarious... it's like The Price is Right with all the random prizes the winner is getting :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

How much is the annual racepass at the minute?

The prize giving for the GP de Marseille is hilarious... it's like The Price is Right with all the random prizes the winner is getting :D

Was there a cuddly toy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

CramCycle wrote: »
    How much is the annual racepass at the minute?

40 quid. Can pay using phone credit too if you have that option.

3 lifted the 30 a month spending limit at some point last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Paid for it using phone credit for the TDF last year, worth every cent & will renew even if only used for live coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Was there a cuddly toy?

There was a small cuddly toy in the shape of a cycling jersey with the name of a race sponsor on it. That sponsor also happens to sponsor a World Tour team, but not the one that the winner rides for :D

dahat wrote: »
    Paid for it using phone credit for the TDF last year, worth every cent & will renew even if only used for live coverage.

Was submitting my bills to revenue to claim the credits for working from home and was tempted to send in my Eurosport sub :D

Serious value for money when the racing is on mid week and you watch it live working at home.

Works out less than €1 a week and I've been renewing the last 3 years and they still charge me the "legacy" rate as it's called on the invoice of 29.99

There was a few nights there was nothing on and we didn't fancy a film or starting a TV series we watched snooker and herself enjoys the winter sports and tennis so she got to see the French Open etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

GCN have 'launched' GCN+

Ehh, I think, the links aren't to worky. A bit like the App

Anyway, it seems to be everyting on the RacePass plus docu/adventure films plus other bits and pieces,
    with a special offier price for the month of February at €20 (normally €40)
    https://welcome.globalcyclingnetwork.com/gcnplus

Having just recently sub'd to Eurosport, I'm not sure its for me, but maybe I will....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    GCN have 'launched' GCN+

Ehh, I think, the links aren't to worky. A bit like the App

Anyway, it seems to be everyting on the RacePass plus docu/adventure films plus other bits and pieces,
    with a special offier price for the month of February at €20 (normally €40)
    https://welcome.globalcyclingnetwork.com/gcnplus

Having just recently sub'd to Eurosport, I'm not sure its for me, but maybe I will....

Are we lumped in with the UK for this or Rest of the world?

Checks app, yeah if you already have racepass you'll be moved over to GCN+ it looks like a rebrand with some additional content being added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

bought it for the cx and reaping the bonus wfh today with racing on in the background, 4km left

Tour de la provence

I just signed up as well and caught the end of that tour de Provence. Coverage looks great and he web player is the same as eurosport one.

Impressively comprehensive back catalogue of races too from last year. It's great value for 20 quid in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

I don't mean to sound cynical, but there's actually been less cycling on Eurosport since they introduced the RacePass platform. Certainly for the CX season. Last year, you would have gotten most of the races live on a Saturday or Sunday, this year even the World Champs only got a 30 minutes of highlights for the mens, and nothing for the womens. I expect to see more of that this year, that apart from the monuments and GTs having some live coverage, everything else will be highlight packages a few days after the fact.

But I signed up anyway, just to prove to Eurosport that their strategy is working.

R

PS, the Tour De La Provence coverage is excellent, which is more than can be said for the weather down there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭casion3

The 50% off deal sounds good at the moment.

Anybody know if you can cast it to a firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

casion3 wrote: »
    The 50% off deal sounds good at the moment.

Anybody know if you can cast it to a firestick

You can't. App for Firestick apparently under development

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116295621&postcount=24

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭casion3

G1032 wrote: »
    You can't. App for Firestick apparently under development

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116295621&postcount=24

Thanks. I don't even have gen 3 chrome cast.
    Hopefully firestick will be live soon

Advertisement