If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 50UN73006LA

Options
  • 04-08-2020 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm interested in the LG 50UN73006LA
    Can you confirm that this TV includes a Saorview & Freesat Tuner with 7 day EPG on both?

With the 6 year warranty.   Does the TV come with that automatically or do I need to register for it.  Is there a charge? 

This model of TV is extremely competitively priced here in Dublin.  Is there a deal you can do for Boardies please?    I've bought a couple of Humax Freesat STB's from you guys in the past and am very pleased with them, hopefully your TV's are just as reliable!

Thanks for your time guys!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi guys,

Can you confirm that this TV includes a Saorview & Freesat Tuner with 7 day EPG on both?

With the 6 year warranty.   Does the TV come with that automatically or do I need to register for it.  Is there a charge? 

This model of TV is extremely competitively priced here in Dublin.  Is there a deal you can do for Boardies please?    I've bought a couple of Humax Freesat STB's from you guys in the past and am very pleased with them, hopefully your TV's are just as reliable!

Hi Movie Maestro.

Thanks for the post.

The 50UN73006 does as far as I know have a 7 day guide for both Saorview and Freesat. (Not displayed at the same time - You need to change between the two).

The best price at the moment would be the 569 Euro but this does include our VIP 6 year guarantee which most our competitors do not offer :)
    However if you have seen a better price including a 5 or 6 year guarantee, also including delivery. Our delivery is free of charge of paying in Euro.

Our 6 year guarantee is activated for the date you purchase the which would be displayed on our receipt and they is not further to do to register.
    It will be saved on your account on our system also just in case you lose your receipt.

When it comes to reliability we only stock and sell the top brands like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic etc.....
    Who all hold great track records and make some very nice televisions.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Hi guys,

Hi Movie Maestro.

Thanks for the post.

The 50UN73006 does as far as I know have a 7 day guide for both Saorview and Freesat. (Not displayed at the same time - You need to change between the two).

The best price at the moment would be the 569 Euro but this does include our VIP 6 year guarantee which most our competitors do not offer :)
    However if you have seen a better price including a 5 or 6 year guarantee, also including delivery. Our delivery is free of charge of paying in Euro.

Our 6 year guarantee is activated for the date you purchase the which would be displayed on our receipt and they is not further to do to register.
    It will be saved on your account on our system also just in case you lose your receipt.

When it comes to reliability we only stock and sell the top brands like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic etc.....

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Hi guys,

Hi Movie Maestro.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Thanks for answering those questions Kenny!

Hi guys,

Hi Movie Maestro.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Thanks for answering those questions Kenny!
    No problem, let us know if you need anything else!

Hey Kenny,

Is there a big difference between these two?  I'm leaning towards the 8100 as it's stand would be better for my room.
    LG 50UN73006LA 
    LG 50UN81006LB

How would these LG's compare in picture and sound to a Hisense 50U7QFTUK ?

• Advertisement

Hey Kenny,

Is there a big difference between these two?  I'm leaning towards the 8100 as it's stand would be better for my room.
    LG 50UN73006LA 
    LG 50UN81006LB

Hey Movie Maestro.

Both LG's are very similar. Both are 50HZ, 10bit (8bit +2FRC). Both have the same motion processing and both are Direct lit.

The 81006 use's True colour accuracy which give sharper more natural colours and the styling of the 81006 is also different.

The Hisense 50U7Q is also a great televisions it uses full Array back lighting over the Direct of the LG's.
    Its the same 10 Bit (8Bit +2FRC) and its also 50Hz.
    The Hisense is currently out of stock with no current ETA for a restock.

I hope this helps a little.

Kenny.

Hey Kenny,

LG 50UN73006LA 
    LG 50UN81006LB

Hey Movie Maestro.

Both LG's are very similar. Both are 50HZ, 10bit (8bit +2FRC). Both have the same motion processing and both are Direct lit.

The 81006 use's True colour accuracy which give sharper more natural colours and the styling of the 81006 is also different.

The Hisense 50U7Q is also a great televisions it uses full Array back lighting over the Direct of the LG's.

Kenny.
    Cheers for that Kenny!

Hey Kenny,

LG 50UN73006LA 
    LG 50UN81006LB

Hey Movie Maestro.

Kenny.
    Cheers for that Kenny!
    No problem at all Movie Maestro.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Kenny.

Hi Kenny,

I'm changing my old 2009 TV which is a 42 inch Panasonic TH-42PY80EYA (Plasma 100hz ).   It cost €1200 at the time and is a fantastic TV but is showing it's age now, lack of HDMI ports, no USB, Saorview tuner(which I need) etc.  Right now I don't have the budget to spend €1200.

The Panasonic has really deep blacks.   For size I am limited to 50 inch.  On my budget should I be looking at Full array back lighting instead of direct lit do you think?   Would I notice the difference coming from the Plasma?

Thanks,
    MM

Hi Kenny,

I'm changing my old 2009 TV which is a 42 inch Panasonic TH-42PY80EYA (Plasma 100hz ).   It cost €1200 at the time and is a fantastic TV but is showing it's age now, lack of HDMI ports, no USB, Saorview tuner(which I need) etc.  Right now I don't have the budget to spend €1200.

The Panasonic has really deep blacks.   For size I am limited to 50 inch.  On my budget should I be looking at Full array back lighting instead of direct lit do you think?   Would I notice the difference coming from the Plasma?

Thanks,
    MM
    Hey Movie Maestro.

To be honest with you moving from Plasma to LED it is going to be difficult because of the Black levels a plasma could reach.
    Fully array would be the panels to look for as this will help with contrast and black and white levels.
    Although some edge lit are worth looking into like the Nano cell LG's.

I switched from a Pioneer Plasma and it took me 10 years to find a better panel.

I had to go OLED in the end to better my Plasma.

The NANO cell LG's also do a very good job, along with the Samsung QLED range.

There is the LG 48CX5 which is priced at £1499 or 1699 Euro
    https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/lg-oled48cx

Sony will have a 48" OLED released shortly the 48A9 it will be coming in around £1799 or 2049 Euro
    https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions/a9-series

Samsung QLED they have the 49Q80T priced at £1199 or 1899 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204580-samsung-qe49q80t-new-t-series-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-smart-qled-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx

In the LG Nano cell there is the 49Nano866 coming at £899 or 999 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204685-lg-49nano866na-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Cheers Kenny, thanks for the suggestions, I was thinking that the Plasma's deep blacks would to be hard to beat alright :(

I'll take a look at your suggestions thanks.

Cheers Kenny, thanks for the suggestions, I was thinking that the Plasma's deep blacks would to be hard to beat alright :(

I'll take a look at your suggestions thanks.

Let me know your thoughts once you have looked over them.

Kenny.

Hey Kenny sorry for all the questions but are you getting in any new models of 48/49/50 inch LED TV's any time soon?

Hey Kenny sorry for all the questions but are you getting in any new models of 48/49/50 inch LED TV's any time soon?
    Hi Movie Maestro,

If you're looking for a good LED TV at that size I would recommend the Sony KD49XG9005 at £789/899 euro which I have in stock. The Sonys have a great panel but they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the OLED.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204033-sony-bravia-kd49xg9005bu-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx?swapstore=1

We are due more 50" TVs in over the coming weeks including the Philips, Sony and new Sony 48" OLED!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks for all of your help guys, just placed an order for the LG 50UN81006LB :D

Thanks for all of your help guys, just placed an order for the LG 50UN81006LB :D
    Cheers for the order Movie Maestro.

It will be shipping out to day and our courier will be in touch via text with your tracking details.

Again thanks for the business.

Any issues please let me know.

Kenny.

Hey Kenny, are you about this morning?  I need to give the store a call please, whats the best number to reach you on?

Hey Kenny, are you about this morning?  I need to give the store a call please, whats the best number to reach you on?
    Hey Movie Masestro.

Stephen M has filled me in.

Let me know what you would like to do once you have spoken to the boss ;)

Kenny.

Hey Kenny,

Stephen M looked after this and the boss is happy so we're all good to go on a Friday afternoon:D

Cheers
    Movie Maestro

Hey Kenny,

Stephen M looked after this and the boss is happy so we're all good to go on a Friday afternoon:D

Cheers
    Movie Maestro
    Cheers Movie Maestro :)

Is there a day next week that suits and I'll get the courier to call and collect the TV?

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Next Tuesday 25th August would be ideal to collect the TV thanks Kenny.

Movie Maestro

Next Tuesday 25th August would be ideal to collect the TV thanks Kenny.

Movie Maestro
    I'll get that arranged for Tuesday.

I'll also see if I can get an rough ETA on the OLED.

Kenny.

Kenny.

Cheers Kenny.

Kenny.

Cheers Kenny.

Have a good weekend.

Kenny.

Hey Kenny,

Any sign of an ETA on the OLED please?   The courier has just collected the old TV.

Cheers
    Movie Maestro

Hey Kenny,

Any sign of an ETA on the OLED please?   The courier has just collected the old TV.

Cheers
    Movie Maestro
    Hi Movie Maestro,

Thanks for the update! We're just waiting for confirmation that the TV is back at the depot and then we'll get the new OLED added to our next warehouse delivery!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Hi Kenny

I got the 50UN73006. But I can't seem to get Google Assistant working

Does it work here ?

Alexa does but it's not as good

savic04 wrote: »
    Hi Kenny

I got the 50UN73006. But I can't seem to get Google Assistant working

Does it work here ?

Alexa does but it's not as good
    Hi savic04,

I'm not actually sure if the Google Assist feature is region specific on the LGs.

Did the TV come with a magic remote? You would need to add one of these if not as the Magic Remote has the microphone for voice control. The magic remote was an optional extra on last years TVs!

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.