Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name on account enquiry

Options
  • 05-08-2020 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi my stepson uses my name as common  usage since he was a baby but hes 17 now and has been offered apaapart time job .when he was in second year in school he opened a student account with BOI but never used it .the problem is he opened it using my surname and now hes worried because his pps is in his old name can he s use the account and get his wages lodged in even though his surname will  be different on the his tax 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi There,

thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

If the account has not been used in quite some time the account can become inactive or the account may have been closed. We would recommend that in this case you and your stepson visit your local bank of Ireland branch with photo ID and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to check this out for you and offer further guidance and assistance.

If the account has been closed due to inactivity a new account may need to be opened in its place.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Hi There,

thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

If the account has not been used in quite some time the account can become inactive or the account may have been closed. We would recommend that in this case you and your stepson visit your local bank of Ireland branch with photo ID and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to check this out for you and offer further guidance and assistance.

If the account has been closed due to inactivity a new account may need to be opened in its place.

We hope this helps and that you remain safe and well during this time.

Thanks Jen
    Thanks for the reply 

Advertisement