Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Unpacked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Clareman wrote: »
    Anyone else watching or am I the only geek out there? ?

https://www.samsung.com/ie/

Not on your own, waiting on the Fold 2 TBH :) I managed to not buy the Fold 1, and went with Note 10+.

But this time out really want that Fold 2 with Camera Hole and full another screen, do that which is leaked and I'm sold!

The only other downside was no SD slot on Fold 1 compared to Note 10, where I have 800GB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have the Note 10+ 512 and a 512 SD, I don't think I'll be getting anything this year, the fold is a bit too big for me just yet, I have a work phone as well as a personal phone and I don't think a fold plus another phone would be feasible to carry around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Have they mentioned the new Galaxy watch yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

On the Tab 7 now, the Watch 3 hasn't been up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Engadget are putting the pages up like 20 minutes before the appear in Live Video! Shakes head ***

https://www.engadget.com/samsung-galaxy-z-fold2-launch-141805653.html

• Advertisement

The unpacking is 3pm locally everywhere so it's been out everywhere for a while now, I think it was leaked on Twitter a couple of days ago, in fairness at this stage there are very few surprises at the event itself.

Watch up now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If only google pay or Samsung pay worked here on the watch :(

Isn't that a problem with the banks rather than the technology though???

Isn't that a problem with the banks rather than the technology though???

Old school banks here are behind the curve but Revolut etc works with apple, fitbit and Garmin....but not Samsung.

• Advertisement

I didn't know that, I just use my credit card for everything and pay it off monthly so I'm well behind the curve for banking.

I notice the bronze models are the only ones available on pre-order just yet, feck that

I wouldn't have thought there'd be a big overlap between fans of BTS and a phone costing about 2 grand.

I want a fold 2 and I want one NOW!

Watch up now

I missed most of it ,I had to take a work call.

Is it 2 versions 41mm and 45mm and 2 colours in each?

I thought I read somewhere that there would be about 6 different versions altogether.

I missed most of it ,I had to take a work call.

Is it 2 versions 41mm and 45mm and 2 colours in each?

I thought I read somewhere that there would be about 6 different versions altogether.

I've had the 2 Watches and the Active 2, I'm wearing the larger Watch now.

I think there's going to be different colours, straps, sizes and a titanium model

I want a fold 2 and I want one NOW!

Nothing is jumping out for me to want that over the Note to be honest.

If I was to get anything it would be the Note Ultra in black

When yerman was saying about 5G and foldables being the pillars of their future I thought the phone behind him had a picture of Anne Frank

I've had the 2 Watches and the Active 2, I'm wearing the larger Watch now.

I think there's going to be different colours, straps, sizes and a titanium model

Yes its the titanium model I was thinking of.No mention of it for pre order.

I've a Gear Sport on its last legs so I'm in the market for a new watch.

I've the Note Ultra 5G and the S7+ in my basket at the moment, I think I should turn off the laptop now.

Free Buds Live or XBox gaming with the Ultra, Buds Plus with the normal 20.

• Advertisement

Pre-Order gifts
    S7 - Keyboard case or Gaming bundle https://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-tabs-offer/?_ga=2.4366709.798105386.1596636287-696133264.1591366460
    Buds - Free wireless charger https://www.samsung.com/ie/offer/wireless-charging-pad-galaxy-buds-live-offer
    Note 20 - Buds+ or Gaming Pack (3 month sub, controller and wireless charger) https://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-note-preorder
    Note Ultra - Buds Live or Gaming Pack https://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxy-note-preorder

Watch - 41mm available in silver or bronze - €449
    Watch - 45mm available in black or silver €479
    Note 20 4G 256 - available in grey, green and bronze - €999
    Note 20 5G 256 - available in grey, green and bronze - €1,099
    Note Ultra 5G 256 - available in black or bronze - €1,349
    Note Ultra 5G 512 - available in black or bronze - €1,449
    Buds Live - available in white, black or bronze - €199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Missed the fold but have a Note 20 Ultra 5G in the basket.
    Trading a Note 10+ @ €400 so not too bad.
    Buds live look good.

Only issue for me is I don't think the Ultra 5G is dual SIM.
    I've been running 2 numbers on the Galaxy's for years.

I might look at the fold.

Edit: Checked out the fold. Looks great but I couldn't live with the wedge shape when folded. Makes it very bulky........

522226.JPG

Is there any draw back by using the Samsung UK site to purchase?
    Same promotions but with a 5% cash back offer through top cashback.co.uk.

I've used them a few times for cash back offers and found them perfect.

On the Galaxy watch I would be saving approx €35.

Is there any draw back by using the Samsung UK site to purchase?
    Same promotions but with a 5% cash back offer through top cashback.co.uk.

I've used them a few times for cash back offers and found them perfect.

On the Galaxy watch I would be saving approx €35.

No issues at all afaik, my Note 10+ was bought in the UK and I didn't have any problem

Advertisement