Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

Amazon Spain have the Ultra 256 for €919 at the moment. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon with 2 year guarantee, not sure if that is a Samsung guarantee or not.

The model is N986BZNGEUB which is an EU Exynos I believe.

It says it is a Spanish version but I assume that means the default language is Spanish and it comes with a 2 pin charger.

Anyone get one of these or know if they work OK in Ireland? Any issues or functions that won't work here or other limitations.

I think I would be happier buying from Amazon.es rather than eGlobal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Thumbpilot wrote: »
    Amazon Spain have the Ultra 256 for €919 at the moment. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon with 2 year guarantee, not sure if that is a Samsung guarantee or not.

The model is N986BZNGEUB which is an EU Exynos I believe.

It says it is a Spanish version but I assume that means the default language is Spanish and it comes with a 2 pin charger.

Anyone get one of these or know if they work OK in Ireland? Any issues or functions that won't work here or other limitations.

I think I would be happier buying from Amazon.es rather than eGlobal

Havent bought one but there's no reason it wouldn't work in Ireland. Obviously, except for the plug. Useful if we can ever travel again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Lads, thinking of selling my Note 20 Ultra bronze 256 dual sim. Any ideas what I might get for it on adverts? Don't see any on there. I see webuy.com offering €600 which is a bit low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Is the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ANT+ enabled? I can't find any setting so I'm presuming not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just bought one from amazon.de @ €889 (with Irish VAT and delivery €927). It will have a EU plug and setup for Romania, but dispatched and sold by amazon so no worries there:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08D6QN4YP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Darwin wrote: »
    Just bought one from amazon.de @ €889 (with Irish VAT and delivery €927). It will have a EU plug and setup for Romania, but dispatched and sold by amazon so no worries there:

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08D6QN4YP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Would you not go for Z Fold 2 for 100 more?

To be honest I'm a long time fan of the Note, I've owned most of them at this stage and this looks like the last of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Had my note 20 ultra a week now and loving it. Upgrade from the note 9 which was my favourite phone ever and gotta say its a worthy upgrade.

I ordered on on Sunday from Hong Kong €802, delivered via German warehouse so VAT and duty covered. N9860 Snapdragon 12mb 256mb dual sim.

New and cheaper than most refurb/used ones I saw. They say 3 days to dispatch and around 7 days to get here.

That was a great deal, I ended up cancelling my amazon.de order as they had no stock despite showing 9 in stock when I placed my order. I picked up a snapdragon version from adverts instead (didn't get the great deal you got though!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thumbpilot wrote: »
    I ordered on on Sunday from Hong Kong €802, delivered via German warehouse so VAT and duty covered. N9860 Snapdragon 12mb 256mb dual sim.

New and cheaper than most refurb/used ones I saw. They say 3 days to dispatch and around 7 days to get here.

Where did you get that?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Where did you get that?

https://www.t-dimension.com/de_en/top-cell-phones/top-android-phones/samsung-galaxy-note20-ultra-5g-n9860-dual-sim-12-256gb-bronze.html

Make sure you order from the DE (German) site and not the UK site otherwise you will have UK duty to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Didn't read the whole thread so apologies if I'm bringing up an old topic. Any one else just about getting used to the bloody camera rattles.... Surely they have to be a better way of implementing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Didn't read the whole thread so apologies if I'm bringing up an old topic. Any one else just about getting used to the bloody camera rattles.... Surely they have to be a better way of implementing this.

The what?

dinneenp wrote: »
    The what?

On the ultra if you shake your phone back to front you can literally hear one of the cameras rattling inside. Not that I do be shaking it much but it's pretty audible at times when moving phone around while chilling on sofa and it's quiet in the room. Also feel it clicking when opening certain apps.

Can't say I've noticed that at all. Have you got a case? I have mine in a Mous Limitless 3 case and its a very secure fit (might stop your rattling issue?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    On the ultra if you shake your phone back to front you can literally hear one of the cameras rattling inside. Not that I do be shaking it much but it's pretty audible at times when moving phone around while chilling on sofa and it's quiet in the room. Also feel it clicking when opening certain apps.

It shouldn't have anything to do with what apps you open. Its the camera, its designed to do that.

When the camera is open, shake the phone and it won't rattle.

Can't say I've noticed that at all. Have you got a case? I have mine in a Mous Limitless 3 case and its a very secure fit (might stop your rattling issue?)

Yeah have it in the spigen neo hybrid case I've always liked them.

It's the auto focus camera lense it stops as soon as the camera is open. samsung say they all do it I've tried two others in shops and they do indeed.

Fair enough, hope I don't start noticing it now :p

Fair enough, hope I don't start noticing it now :p

Hahaha don't even go checking :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Note 20 Ultra 5G returned to Samsung for repair under warranty. Got a text from them this morning to say it can't be repaired.

It said they were giving me the option of refund or replace. I notice the Note 20 is gone from the Samsung store presumably due to the Z Fold 3.

Not sure whether to take the money and go for the Fold or a replacement.🤔🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Would there be any daily noticeable difference between the Exynos and Snapdragon for a non power user?

Looking at a Note 20 Ultra - there's a 4g version available on Adverts for around 800. 5G is not a requirement for me but I assume that it will be an Asian region phone and likely to have the Exynos.

Is there any better reliable source for a note 20 ultra under €900?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Have a Note 8 which I love, had a 2 and 4 previously. My missus phone is about to die and going to give her my Note 8. Thinking of getting the Note 20 Ultra 5G will I notice a sizable difference, is it worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone with a note 20 ultra able to get android 12 beta from samsung members app?

shows nothing in there for me if i check it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 trveller72

Advertisement