Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

kaizersoze wrote: »
    That's what I have on the Note 10+ and I love it.
    Went for the kickstand this time. Opened it there now and it seems fine. Bigger obviously to accommodate the bigger device but very little bulk.

That kickstand is great as it's flush with the case so doesn't stick out, I had a couple of those in the past but my kids broke 1 of the pegs so it was unusable, had another 1 with a built in magnet which fell out so it never stayed close, I went for the Hybrid again this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

markad1 wrote: »
    Nightmare

Feckin ragin...In fairness Exertis/Samsung Store had a replacement to me next day.

Clareman wrote: »
    That kickstand is great as it's flush with the case so doesn't stick out, I had a couple of those in the past but my kids broke 1 of the pegs so it was unusable, had another 1 with a built in magnet which fell out so it never stayed close, I went for the Hybrid again this time.

KIDS!....with a new Note.....Brave man!:pac::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

KIDS!....with a new Note.....Brave man!:pac::D

There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

They aren't allowed my phone normally but sometimes you'd do anything to keep them quiet.

I just checked my box of stuff there and I think the case which broke was on my S7 as I found 1 for my S8 note that's still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Thor wrote: »
    I feel like I've read your comments in the past for previous phone launches.

Jealous.

My is pre ordered for collect in CPW on Friday. Sucks they don't let anyone pick up earlier if they have them already..

Hi Thor,
    We've danced this dance a couple of times :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Hey lads, anyone order off Virgin?

I placed an order with them yesterday but haven't gotten any confirmation from them yet? Have raised tickets on their webchat and whatsapp but no response yet!

Paid the up front amount for the phone as well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

10.18 am mine was delivered 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I was passing a Vodafone store so decided to drop in and see if they could help. The member of staff I talked to didn't seem to hear of a Note 20 Ultra before and definitely didn't know when it was being released. Seriously, outside of the iphone release and possibly the S20, what release would be bigger? Like working for Volkswagon and being surprised the new Golf is out in 2 days. They don't deal with pre-orders apparently. So the website doesn't work, the online chat doesn't work, the 1907 number doesn't work and now the bricks and mortar staff don't work. How does company work in 2020. Doesn't look like I will be getting pre order. Other than the Note 10 which I skipped, this will be the first one I miss since the note 4 I think. Jealous of all you guys. At least my otterbox defender should arrive soon I can play with the case until the phone arrives at Christmas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Be interesting to see now if Exertis do their usual delay today/tomorrow.
    512GB Ultras gone from Out of Stock to delivery from the 28th (in the Bronze at least). I found in the past that doesn't necessarily apply to new orders, and even if you ordered early, you may fall to the 'component/covid (as of the S20 launch) delay excuse' that has plagued certain models direct from Samsung for the last few years.
    256GB models haven't changed.

Everytime I get an email I'm hoping it's to tell me the phone has shipped, I'm like a child here

• Advertisement

Have been so on the fence with this one. When I skipped a flagship for a year last year, I never thought could end up being longer than that. Today is the last day to order with the buds for free, but in reality I would never buy them in the Mystic Bronze colour.....although I guess I could sell them no problem.

Decisions decisions.

Just to clarify, is 3 the cheapest place to buy the phone outright, and nobody knows for sure whether it is definitely unlocked? (I'm referring to the Ultra).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

And we wait........

523439.JPG

and I thought I was only one that bought multiple cases for my Note's.. :D

I'm still enjoying my Note 10+ 5G so will hold off on a 20 Ultra for now. Have only seen 5G a handful of times in the last 11 months or so I've had the 10+, but when I have got it the speed was 400Mb+

Enjoy the new phone!

First off, I don't think the Note 20 is worth an upgrade from the 10+, all the reviews I'm reading seems to suggest it's not worth the upgrade and even has a plastic back, if you are going to upgrade it'll have to be the Ultra.

I think 3 is the cheapest and the closer to release you leave it the more likely it is to be network locked, in my expierence if networks have time to put their own bloatware on the devices it's not a big stretch to put a lock on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I ordered mine this week from Virgin ( Note 20 ), no word yet on it being dispatched.

Anyone else buy from them, i seen about a free gift but have heard nothing.

I ordered mine this week from Virgin ( Note 20 ), no word yet on it being dispatched.

Free gift is done direct through Samsung. I read briefly that you do it through the Samsung Members app or something.

The free gift is normally through a website, you enter the serial/imei and upload a receipt then they'll send you out your gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Just to give you some information on ordering from VM. I initially had a problem with not receiving confirmation of my order. Following contacting them yesterday, I finally got an email confirmation of order. I've actually just gotten a further mail to say the delivery is on the way and should be with me tomorrow. So fingers crossed you're the same.

First off, I don't think the Note 20 is worth an upgrade from the 10+, all the reviews I'm reading seems to suggest it's not worth the upgrade and even has a plastic back, if you are going to upgrade it'll have to be the Ultra.

I think 3 is the cheapest and the closer to release you leave it the more likely it is to be network locked, in my expierence if networks have time to put their own bloatware on the devices it's not a big stretch to put a lock on it.

I was a bit the same but I really like the N20 Ultra a lot over the N10+ and I have only used it since yesterday.
    It's definitely more upgrade than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I got my delivery info !

The free gift is normally through a website, you enter the serial/imei and upload a receipt then they'll send you out your gift.

I believe the free gift procedure is different this time.
    You confirm purchase on a dedicated Samsung website with invoice.
    When the confirm eligibility they email you a code.
    Then back to the Samsung store and add the buds to your basket at full price.
    Apply the discount code which makes them FREE and complete the purchase.

• Advertisement

I believe the free gift procedure is different this time.
    You confirm purchase on a dedicated Samsung website with invoice.
    When the confirm eligibility they email you a code.
    Then back to the Samsung store and add the buds to your basket at full price.
    Apply the discount code which makes them FREE and complete the purchase.

From their website:
    Step 1:
    Pre-order Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G between 05.08.20 - 20.08.20 from Samsung Shop Online IE or a participating retailer.

Step 2:
    When you’ve received your new device, set it up, add your SIM and open the benefits sections on the Samsung Members app which is pre-installed. Complete the online claim form, upload your proof of purchase and provide all other required information by 20/09/2020.

Step 3:
    Our team will review your claim, and you will receive an email to confirm when it has been validated. Following this validation email, you will receive an email with a URL and a 10-digit code. Go to this URL and make your choice between the Games Pack or Galaxy Buds Live in Mystic Bronze.

I've managed to talk myself out of getting one. Main reasons:

- Performance and battery life both significantly worse than SD version. It would annoy the heck out of me after spending this kind of money.
    - Wouldn't get bronze buds if they weren't included.
    - Not blown away by the camera samples I've seen so far.
    - No headphone jack. Only minor, but I still use mine on my Note 9 and Pixel 3a. Have lived without a jack on multiple phones in the past, but don't feel like the justify the lack of it by offering something like noise cancelling via USB-C like HTC used to. At least you felt like you were getting a benefit then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Gave one last attempt to pre order and now it says you cannot pre order online on the website. I can't even fathom what logic is being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jv2000

Received shipping confirmation from Samsung, email received 2 hours ago.

Ah feck off the lot of ye. No movement for me yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Ditto for me too. And I swear this line is moving backwards :eek::(

523642.jpg

if you ordered from Vodafone you can use the order/tracking number on An Post website to track.
    I got no-reply emails about my order today even though I received it yesterday, Vodafone aren't up to scratch on that end either.

I ordered from Samsung and it's still showing up as processing, if it's not gone by 5 it'll be next week by the time I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jv2000

I ordered from Samsung and it's still showing up as processing, if it's not gone by 5 it'll be next week by the time I get it.

Not sure if this is the case but shipping could be linked to stock levels of different models. I ordered an ultra black 256gb in early August. Hopefully you get confirmation soon.

• Advertisement

jv2000 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the case but shipping could be linked to stock levels of different models. I ordered an ultra black 256gb in early August. Hopefully you get confirmation soon.

I went for a black 512 and a LED case

Did you order Bronze direct from their website? It specifically says this when ordering:
    ORDERS DELIVERED FROM 21ST AUG / ULTRA 512GB BRONZE DELIVERED FROM 28TH AUG

Edit: Just saw your post. Doesn't say black is later than the 21st.

Me too. Mine has shipped and I ordered the day after launch.

Basil3 wrote: »
    From their website:

I've managed to talk myself out of getting one. Main reasons:

- Performance and battery life both significantly worse than SD version. It would annoy the heck out of me after spending this kind of money.
    - Wouldn't get bronze buds if they weren't included.
    - Not blown away by the camera samples I've seen so far.
    - No headphone jack. Only minor, but I still use mine on my Note 9 and Pixel 3a. Have lived without a jack on multiple phones in the past, but don't feel like the justify the lack of it by offering something like noise cancelling via USB-C like HTC used to. At least you felt like you were getting a benefit then.

Mmmm...🀔🀔 I read that somewhere. Maybe it was Samsung UK. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

JH_raheny wrote: »

What did you use for proof of purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

My Ultra and Buds Live (free) just showed up on my Parcel Motel account, should have them later tonight.

• Advertisement

That's it, I'm unsubscribing from this thread

That's it, I'm unsubscribing from this thread

Actually have a White and a Bronze coming. Will keep one and sell other as only cost me about 960 Euros. :pac:

markad1 wrote: »
    What did you use for proof of purchase?

I used the delivery note that came with the phone, they haven't accepted it as proof yet though but it was all I had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

dan786 wrote: »
    Actually have a White and a Bronze coming. Will keep one and sell other as only cost me about 960 Euros. :pac:

Wait, white and bronze ultra's?

Wait, white and bronze ultra's?

Yes Mystic Bronze and Mystic White. Will keep the one I like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yes Mystic Bronze and Mystic White. Will keep the one I like.

Hmmm,

I would love white, but CPW don't have it.

When will you know which one you wanted to keep?

You can see where this is going?

Hmmm,

I would love white, but CPW don't have it.

When will you know which one you wanted to keep?

You can see where this is going?

Tomorrow but I am looking to sell for around 1170-1180. White one is only available from Samsung UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

TBH, they can still ship up to the evening time for next day so it may well still happen. Certainly have received late ship mails from them before, but like I said earlier in the thread, regardless of ordering with a 21st Aug date in mind, Exertis usually find a way of having issues with the slightly more niche models citing component shortage.
    In my case, I went with the 512GB day after announcement, but I didn't expect that to arrive till next week (probably before their now revised date going on previous form), but I'd be astonished if it arrived tomorrow.

No problems with the more standard items, only decided to upgrade the Galaxy Watch yesterday seeing as how you could get 150 euro for it so ordered it last night.
    That shipped a couple hours ago.

Someone mentioned they use Nightline, in that case they dont update online till 9-10pm. So yeah you could still get it tomorrow.

Tomorrow but I am looking to sell for around 1170-1180. White one is only available from Samsung UK.

That's a very good price considering they are 1349 Euro here for the 256gb

Nothing by 9 so it'll be next week now, oh well I guess I'll have to talk to the wife instead of play with the new toy

Nothing by 9 so it'll be next week now, oh well I guess I'll have to talk to the wife instead of play with the new toy

Ah jaysus. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure she's lovely but still....Talk?!:D:D

Ah jaysus. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure she's lovely but still....Talk?!:D:D

I know, apparently she has 2 kids as well

I know, apparently she has 2 kids as well

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

have anyone received it yet?

Is there any dust inside the camera?

• Advertisement
Advertisement