Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 & Note 20 Ultra....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Thanks cookie.

If anyone can identify the exact Ultra model numbers that have dual sim versus single sim please let me know. Couldn't find it on GSM arena.
    JH_raheny wrote: »
    It's SM-986B/DS for the dual sim from Vodafone

Is that not the S20+ as opposed to the Ultra? Seems to be?
    Are you sure it's an Ultra you have :p

Edit - I think the Note has an N before the 986 so that's probably it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

All Note 20 Ultra 5G sold in Europe are dual sim, doesnt matter where you buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Sure, but will it be different than the model say offered by Vodafone etc here?

No it is the same model

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

For folks that pre-ordered, did you get the xbox game pass bundle or the buds live.

I had planned to get the buds live, but the samsung voucher applies to just the bronze ones on their site : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Buds Live

They're OK-ish for free, but wouldn't recommend them as a purchase. Don't mind the colour, they are gonna be stuck in your ears after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Is that not the S20+ as opposed to the Ultra? Seems to be?
    Are you sure it's an Ultra you have :p

Edit - I think the Note has an N before the 986 so that's probably it!

It does, it should be SM-N986B/DS :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got the buds, my daughters and wife thought it was very amusing that I was going around with pink things on my ear. They're pink and their noticeable, very noticeable

johng906 wrote: »
    For folks that pre-ordered, did you get the xbox game pass bundle or the buds live.

I had planned to get the buds live, but the samsung voucher applies to just the bronze ones on their site : (

The offer clearly stated that it only applies to Mystic Bronze Buds Live.

So who is getting the Z Fold 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

dan786 wrote: »
    So who is getting the Z Fold 2?

Give me glass any day, for now. No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

How is everyone getting on with the ergonomics of the phone?

I traditionally like a big phone but i don't know if I got used to the small S20 or something, my tendons and joints in my wrists and arms are killing me the last week. Getting auld anyway too of course!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I find it fine but I've had the note range for a long time now, saying that it's definitely a 2 handed phone if you want to do anything on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Hey lads, what's the best place to pick up a Note 20 Ultra right now? Looking for either white or bronze.

Was considering one of those adverts sellers but I can't get a straight answer on whether they're dodgy or not.

Hey lads, what's the best place to pick up a Note 20 Ultra right now? Looking for either white or bronze.

Was considering one of those adverts sellers but I can't get a straight answer on whether they're dodgy or not.

I am selling one that was bought direct from Samsung Uk if interested. Will let it for for 1050. Its still sealed and is the bronze one.

Otherwise best deal would be 949 from eglobal, but few weeks wait to get here and no warranty etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Thanks Dan. Trying to make up my mind between it and the S20 Ultra right now so may get back to you.

I'd probably take my chances with Adverts over EGlobal if that's the case on warranties. Does Samsung not offer the two year warranty if buying from them?

• Advertisement

Thanks Dan. Trying to make up my mind between it and the S20 Ultra right now so may get back to you.

I'd probably take my chances with Adverts over EGlobal if that's the case on warranties. Does Samsung not offer the two year warranty if buying from them?

S20 Ultra have known camera focus issues.

No as its a non EU model, there will be no warranty if from eglobal.

Sorry for butting in but Dan786 is a decent poster here and has told everyone about him (assuming Dan is a him....) buying the 2 phones to decide on the 1 to keep and that his partner said no and you've a full 2 year no hassle warranty.

Personally I think the Note is a far better phone over the S, but it's your choice, now that the batter has settled down it's a great phone, I'm still not sure which Note is my favourite, I still think the 9 is the best because of the LED notification but the Dex on the 20 is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I was unlucky with the gift in that I ordered form amazon.co.uk but shipped to my Dublin address. That resulted in them denying me the claim since amazon are not a recognised seller for the deal in the republic yet are in the UK. I wrote a "dissappointed letter" to the Samsung CEO (via their website) and they've approved me to get the deal. They confimed today it's on its way. Not sure if this affected others here but well worth writing to them if it did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

S20 Ultra have known camera focus issues.

No as its a non EU model, there will be no warranty if from eglobal.

I have the S20 Ultra a few months and the camera is terrible - it will not focus properly

Yawlboy wrote: »
    I have the S20 Ultra a few months and the camera is terrible - it will not focus properly

Are you using the 108 MP mostly by any chance? Or 64 even

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

16:21 and my phone is at 16% battery. Even with all the changes that were advised its beyond awful.

Anyone want to buy a Note 20 ???? ( i'm serious)

16:21 and my phone is at 16% battery. Even with all the changes that were advised its beyond awful.

I get 6 - 7 hrs SOT pretty consistently. What shows up as draining the battery most? Have you tried a reset? Do u run 60 or 120 Hz?

I get 6 - 7 hrs SOT pretty consistently. What shows up as draining the battery most? Have you tried a reset? Do u run 60 or 120 Hz?

I've been on my phone a lot today, and I mean a lot and I'm at 52%, I've the screen left at 120 Hz and have noticed a brilliant improvement in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

Has anyone done the Samsung trade in recently? Have my fold 2 since last week but haven't received any prepaid labels in the post to send my s20 ultra back.

AH92 wrote: »
    Has anyone done the Samsung trade in recently? Have my fold 2 since last week but haven't received any prepaid labels in the post to send my s20 ultra back.

How is the Fold 2? Want to get one but cant justify spending 1800 on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭AH92

How is the Fold 2? Want to get one but cant justify spending 1800 on one.

I'm loving it so far, An amazing piece of kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    For anyone that uses the S Pen, how do you find it, what do you use it for, do you use it much etc?

I'm trying to choose between the Note 20 Ultra and the S 20 Ultra.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    For anyone that uses the S Pen, how do you find it, what do you use it for, do you use it much etc?

I'm trying to choose between the Note 20 Ultra and the S 20 Ultra.
    Cheers,
    Pa.

I use it in work the whole time, I couldn't tell you the last time I used a pen and paper to take notes, it's very handy for smart selections as well. I think I used the air gesture once to take a picture.

I would say I use it less but it definitely can be useful. I feature i like using is smart select, so rather than taking a full screenshot to send to someone you can select and snip out a particular section for example.

I think it's something, the s pen in general, you need to actively use and train yourself to get the usefulness out of it.

• Advertisement

September update finally comes through this afternoon on Vodafone. Browsing through Reddit and people reporting October being released elsewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye....about a 300mb update (ATI2) updated earlier on. (sim-free)

Usual 'performance of camera', 'stability of functions' etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Got the same Sept 1 update yesterday from Three.

I got it as well, unlocked ultra.

Eglobal have the SM-N9860 Note 20 Ultra model now which is the Hong Kong Snapdragon model for only 921 euros.

Black, White and Bronze.

Hi,

I'm looking for a thin cover that'll protect the Note 20 Ultra. Thinking of the official leather cover, Clear Standing Cover or silicone cover or lastly Ultra protective-standing-cover/
    Anybody used any of them, if so what are thoughts please? I'm leaning towards the Ultra if it's not bulky.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi,

I'm looking for a thin cover that'll protect the Note 20 Ultra. Thinking of the official leather cover, Clear Standing Cover or silicone cover or lastly Ultra protective-standing-cover/
    Anybody used any of them, if so what are thoughts please? I'm leaning towards the Ultra if it's not bulky.
    Thanks,
    Pa.

If you really with thin, look at the latercase. It doesn't have raised edges for facedown so take that into consideration.

Galaxy-Note-20-Ultra-Cyber-Edition---Back_1_960x.jpg?v=1597860064

Davy wrote: »
    If you really with thin, look at the latercase. It doesn't have raised edges for facedown so take that into consideration.

Galaxy-Note-20-Ultra-Cyber-Edition---Back_1_960x.jpg?v=1597860064

Cheers, looks impressive. Does it grip well & protect from a drop (besides face down)?

Cheers, looks impressive. Does it grip well & protect from a drop (besides face down)?

I've this case, I have used them for 4 different phones at this stage.

https://spigen.co.uk/collections/galaxy-note-20-ultra/products/galaxy-note-20-ultra-case-ultra-hybrid-s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its based on Kevlar so is very strong for the weight and thinness. It wouldn't be very grippy though. Its designed as a case that feels as you have no case on the phone.

Something grippy with raised edges for face protection look at the Samsung clear protective case EF-GN985CBEGEU in black or white. Both sides are ribbed so very grippy.

Looks much better than the Protective Standing Cover EF-RN985CBEGWW in my opinion.

note-20-ultra-clear-protective-cover-black.jpgnote-20-ultra-clear-protective-cover-white.jpg

Davy wrote: »
    Its based on Kevlar so is very strong for the weight and thinness. It wouldn't be very grippy though. Its designed as a case that feels as you have no case on the phone.

Something grippy with raised edges for face protection look at the Samsung clear protective case EF-GN985CBEGEU in black or white. Both sides are ribbed so very grippy.

Looks much better than the Protective Standing Cover EF-RN985CBEGWW in my opinion.

note-20-ultra-clear-protective-cover-black.jpgnote-20-ultra-clear-protective-cover-white.jpg

I think I'll go for that ribber one- cheers.

I got the 1st of October update pushed out this morning

Should see it on Vodafone in a couple of weeks so! Which to me is actually no big deal, Samsung have gotten great at pushing these monthly updates. I do laugh when I read comments online complaining and it might only be half way through a month or whatever. Try having a HTC for a few years you'd be lucky to see one major update.

A week between updates being pushed out is impressive and also scary that they have that many updates :D saying that, this 1 was "only" 150mb so can't imagine there's much in it

Anyone here got any tempered glass screen protectors recommendations?

• Advertisement

Z Fold 2 for 500 less than retail

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08DRFYPFC

Hi,
    So I forget which finger I used when setting up Samsung Pass. I've 1 go left (from 10) so don't want to try again as don't know what happens after 10 unsuccessful attempts.

Anyone know what happens & can I reset/register a fingerprint again?

Hi,
    So I forget which finger I used when setting up Samsung Pass. I've 1 go left (from 10) so don't want to try again as don't know what happens after 10 unsuccessful attempts.

You have to have a backup as well, so either a pin or a password, if you can't get in at all you'll have to reset the phone :mad:

Hi,

Just to clarify because its not clear, your not actually locked out of the phone? Go to settings - biometrics - fingerprints and check added fingerprints to see what finger it tells you. Sounds like something else is wrong though to be honest.

Clareman wrote: »
    You have to have a backup as well, so either a pin or a password, if you can't get in at all you'll have to reset the phone :mad:

Cheers. I tried again, failed & my phone didn't explode or anything. Just asked me for other login method.

I then went and added my right hand thumb as a fingerprint.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement