Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's bike

Options
  • 05-08-2020 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hope it's ok to post this here.
    I have a men's bike in great working order although it's old. I'd like to give it to a charity but the couple I've tried aren't interested. Does anyone know of any charity looking for bikes or any deserving home for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FierceMild

I think you might find it tough to find charities that will take a bike from you considering the storage and maintenance involved in a bike. My suggestion would be to sell it to a local bike shop and donate the proceeds to charity.

I know the Bike Shed will purchase used bicycles, refurbish them and resell them (https://thebikeshed.ie/). When I was a student I bought a refurbished bike from them for a great price so you could at least know that it'll be put to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to post this here.
    I have a men's bike in great working order although it's old. I'd like to give it to a charity but the couple I've tried aren't interested. Does anyone know of any charity looking for bikes or any deserving home for it?

If you're on twitter you could ask @vlinierland (Roos Demol) or Stevie G is any of the people in Direct Provision could make use of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

There is this place too, worth a consideration

https://corkcommunitybikes.com/donate/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Thanks Stevie_hoo, I already tried them and they said they have no space to take it. Wouldn't believe it would be so hard to get rid of a bike. Sadly, I think it will end up being dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Stick it up on done deal, adverts or Facebook marketplace in the right category and it'll be gone the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

The boards.ie cycling forum is extremely active.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Thanks Stevie_hoo, I already tried them and they said they have no space to take it. Wouldn't believe it would be so hard to get rid of a bike. Sadly, I think it will end up being dumped.

Don't dump it! As others have said, take a few pics and put it up in the right place and it will be gone in no time. Even put up a few pics here!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mini5476

Lock it up in UCC somewhere, it'll be gone in no time

Advertisement