Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Ballyliffin - nice place to stop

Options
  • 06-08-2020 8:59am

Traveling with the family from Dublin to Ballyliffin in two weeks for a few days. Can anyone suggest a detour or place to stop along the way to lunch or a stroll?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Kelly’s in Ballygawley is a good spot for food. Used to always stop there when driving to or from Dublin which i used to do a good bit as I worked in Dublin for a year and came home some weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not sure if it's suitable, but the Silver Hill duck place in Emyvale has recently had a pop up Duck Truck at the shop just outside the town, think it's open ThuFriSat only, they do the likes of duck tacos and duck sliders.

I haven't managed to travel on a day when it's open yet, but I've heard the grub is only gorgeous. You'll find the menu on their Facebook page.

Or the other place I often stop at is The Meeting House between Carrickmacross and Castleblayney, it's a converted church, they have a cafe (you'd need to check if it's reopened at this stage though) and a farm shop with gorgeous food (I can highly recommend the homemade apple tarts!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Technique

brenbrady wrote: »
    Traveling with the family to Ballyliffin in two weeks for a few days. Can anyone suggest a detour or place to stop along the way to lunch or a stroll?

Where are you traveling from?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Technique wrote: »
    Where are you traveling from?

Dublin?

The clue is in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

NIMAN wrote: »
    Dublin?

The clue is in the title.
    He could be "wanted" in the North and travelling via Sligo :pac:

• Advertisement

Kelly’s in Ballygawley is a good spot for food. Used to always stop there when driving to or from Dublin which i used to do a good bit as I worked in Dublin for a year and came home some weekends.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not sure if it's suitable, but the Silver Hill duck place in Emyvale has recently had a pop up Duck Truck at the shop just outside the town, think it's open ThuFriSat only, they do the likes of duck tacos and duck sliders.

I haven't managed to travel on a day when it's open yet, but I've heard the grub is only gorgeous. You'll find the menu on their Facebook page.

Or the other place I often stop at is The Meeting House between Carrickmacross and Castleblayney, it's a converted church, they have a cafe (you'd need to check if it's reopened at this stage though) and a farm shop with gorgeous food (I can highly recommend the homemade apple tarts!!)

Thanks for the recommendations.

Advertisement