Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Cheque

Options
  • 06-08-2020 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I was recently issued a refund by my healthcare provider as a BOI cheque (AC Payee only). I am not a BOI customer.

Would just like to confirm - Can I cash this in any BOI branch?

Will my own bank accept the cheque to my non-BOI account as a lodgement?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Zeek12,

Thanks for your post today on Boards.ie.

To check this, it would be best to link in with your own bank directly to check if they will accept this cheque. This would generally need to be lodged into an account and go through a clearance period before being available to use.

We would be unable to cash this at a branch,

We hope this information helps. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

You should be able to lodge the cheque into your account in your own bank.
    A/C Payee only means that it can only be lodged into an account in your own name.
    It is a Bank of Ireland cheque because that happens to be the bank of your healthcare provider, but the cheque doesn't have to be lodged to a Bank of Ireland account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Thanks for the information folks.

Advertisement