Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer Licences 2020

Options
  • 06-08-2020 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone get theirs yet?
    Wonder how long it witll be with the COVID this year?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Mine arrived this morning, as usual I'm first on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gullya

Nope , still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I usually get mine in the first batch but I haven't received this years one yet.��
    I'm hoping it comes soon as I have a sub gone in for a new rifle and I'm expecting a request for a copy of the licence from AGS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Received today, the young lads’ .22 hornet grant letter in the same delivery. The postman was a bit of a saint in our house today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Fron NPWS web page.
    This really could do with a modernisation, this annual carry on is a joke.:rolleyes:

Deer Hunting Applications
    Date Released: Friday, August 7, 2020

The Department has received a large volume of telephone calls in the last few days from applicants enquiring about their deer hunting applications. The NPWS are currently processing deer hunting applications and licences will issue to applicants in the coming weeks. There may be some delays in the issuing of licences given current working arrangements due to Covid-19 but the NPWS will endeavour to issue as many licences as possible prior to 1 September, the start of the deer hunting season. You can also email the Wildlife Licensing Unit at wildlifelicence@chg.gov.ie relating to your application. Your patience in this matter is appreciated.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Fron NPWS web page.
    This really could do with a modernisation, this annual carry on is a joke.:rolleyes:

Deer Hunting Applications
    Date Released: Friday, August 7, 2020

The Department has received a large volume of telephone calls in the last few days from applicants enquiring about their deer hunting applications. The NPWS are currently processing deer hunting applications and licences will issue to applicants in the coming weeks. There may be some delays in the issuing of licences given current working arrangements due to Covid-19 but the NPWS will endeavour to issue as many licences as possible prior to 1 September, the start of the deer hunting season. You can also email the Wildlife Licensing Unit at wildlifelicence@chg.gov.ie relating to your application. Your patience in this matter is appreciated.

So if the delays are past the September 1st date and you don't receive it what can you do? Wait patiently for it ? And what if it doesn't arrive like what then??
    Pretty sure the signature or stamp of approval doesnt take 20 employees to do like

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pencil Pete

thanks for that. i was going to go phoning them in morning but now I've read your post i will wait until mid week before i ring them to find out where they are. One would think they could generate a email stating that they at leased received the application and were reviewing it. surely its not that hard to do that at leased .

Beats me why the heck this cant be done on a 3-year renewal basis with the onus on us to inform them of any changes in our shooting land status or circumstances?
    At this stage is there really any necessity for them to know what rifle and ammo we are using?This is another holdover from the troubles apparently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Probably would involve changes in the process of applying based on having a lease which would expire every season currently

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭kunekunesika

Fairly sure the legislation refers to an annual licence. Would require that to be changed. The same must have applied to the annual gun licences and they changed that?? Should be possible if anyone was bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

Got mine in the first batch for once. Normally near the third week before I got it in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I wonder if getting your license has anything to do with the time you applies for it?
    I'm always getting my license in the very first batch, within the first week.

But I'm sending in my application at the end of March, start of April. So I say I could be on the top of the pile early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Got mine through the post yesterday. Sent it first few days of April. As it was the height of the pandemic sent them the email I sent the previous year with a note that is no access to a printer to fill out the 2020 docs as we were all in lockdown and that I wouldn't be getting any of my permissions to resubmit their documents for me for the same reasons. Just told them nothing had changed since the year before and a call to my permissions would confirm that. Delighted that common sense prevailed and the department issued my licence. Great job by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

mallards wrote: »
    Got mine through the post yesterday.

Licences arrived for a couple of lads I know today.

My �� licence finally arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

My �� licence finally arrived today.

Just outta nosiness when did u send in your application?

Just outta nosiness when did u send in your application?

I sent it in on the 16th April and they confirmed they got it on the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

I sent it in on the 16th April and they confirmed they got it on the 20th

It's not looking like they are doing them in order so!!!I was talking to a lad yesterday sent his in 2nd week in may and got his yesterday

From the WADI FB page!
    As usual NPWS = Utter goat rodeo!:mad:

Hi Barry

We are processing deer hunting applications and licences are currently being issued to applicants. It is our intention to issue as many licences as possible before 1 September. However, there will some delays in the issuing of licences given current working arrangements due to Covid-19 and not all applicants who have submitted applications will receive their licences by 1 September.

I appreciate that your members are anxious to start hunting next month and we are doing everything possible to expedite the issuing of licences. I note your suggestion that applicants who have submitted applications but not received licences should receive a waiver until the end of September. Unfortunately, the provisions in the Wildlife Acts do not allow for the extension of deer hunting licences.

As you are probably aware we have published a notice on the NPWS website on this situation.

Regards

Gerry

Seriously people really need to get off asses as do our Deer and shooting organisations and demand a meeting with this minister to discuss this disaster of a dept she runs on numerous issues.
    Issueing liscenses,deer poaching,the wood piegon ban ,are we doing that craic in 2021 again?Makey up law by NPWS on calibers and acerage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Seriously people really need to get off asses........and demand a meeting with this minister

Does she play golf, do you know?

:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Not confident in a positive outcome....

524370.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭underthetumb

i got a call from npws yesterday querying something, the lady said it will be in the post today. Mine was june the 9th she said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

I wrote several letters to the minister. I requested that the licences simply be reissued to all who had a licence last year.

Rang them yesterday.Temp closed is appropriate...Its transfered to the Dept of heritage,Gaeltacht and the islands...And things... At least the switchboard lady was as helpful as she could be on this,which was unfortunately not much,apart from them all working at home issuing the liscenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Has anyone here ever been stopped while out and asked to produce their licence?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Has anyone here ever been stopped while out and asked to produce their licence?

I was stopped once (hunting deer 10 years) and had go to my local station and get them to fax a copy of the licence to the station close to where I was stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Rang them yesterday.Temp closed is appropriate...Its transfered to the Dept of heritage,Gaeltacht and the islands...And things... At least the switchboard lady was as helpful as she could be on this,which was unfortunately not much,apart from them all working at home issuing the liscenses.

At present or up until recently they were under the remit of the Minister for Media, Tourism, Arts, Culture, Sport and the Gaeltacht but during the summer I was talking to a chap in the licensing unit and he told me they were moving promises again, down to the Custom House.
    It is now with or going to the Minister of State for Heritage Malcolm Noonan, a Green TD, and will be located in the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage with responsibility for the NPWS. (Jul 2, 2020)

The Greens God help us....

By the way, two lads I know one in Meath and one in the Midlands received their licence today. Applied in June and May respectively.

This NPWS dept is just one utter goat rodeo!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

This NPWS dept is just one utter goat rodeo!!:(

Speaking of which, is there a closed season on wild goats or whats the craic?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Speaking of which, is there a closed season on wild goats or whats the craic?

Feral goats can be shot all year round, day or night.

Just be careful they're not somebody's pets.

Advertisement