Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I stand?

• 06-08-2020 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

So quick question. I ordered a pair of shoes online.

They didn't fit when they arrived so I packaged them back up, included the return form and sent them back via an post (std post).

I didn't hear anything back from the retailer so I followed up. They said they hadn't received the shoes and without a tracking number there was nothing more they could do.

So I'm out the cost of the shoes and the return post. An post can't help, again without a tracking number.

So my question is am I just out money and that's that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

If you cannot prove you sent them, and they say they never got them, you are stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

You havent named the retailer so i cannot reference the returns policy.

Did you follow the returns policy to a T ? do they insist on registered post,etc? cjeck it out. therein lies your protection, if you can show you did follow procedure.

Doing a chargeback with your bank should be your last port of call, the nuclear option. Engage with the retailer and see what their policy is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

A chargeback will not work without proof of the return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Hi guys

So quick question. I ordered a pair of shoes online.

They didn't fit when they arrived so I packaged them back up, included the return form and sent them back via an post (std post).

I didn't hear anything back from the retailer so I followed up. They said they hadn't received the shoes and without a tracking number there was nothing more they could do.

So I'm out the cost of the shoes and the return post. An post can't help, again without a tracking number.

So my question is am I just out money and that's that?

Sadly yes, unless you can provide proof you've sent them back (I.E Tracking number).

How long has it been since you've sent them back and contacted the company?

I sent a tshirt back to M and M direct before through standard post, didnt get a refund or hear anything for about a month and then one day the refund suddenly appeared on my account.

Could be a case that they got the return but just didnt sort it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Sadly yes, unless you can provide proof you've sent them back (I.E Tracking number).

How long has it been since you've sent them back and contacted the company?

I sent a tshirt back to M and M direct before through standard post, didnt get a refund or hear anything for about a month and then one day the refund suddenly appeared on my account.

Could be a case that they got the return but just didnt sort it yet.

Funnily enough I got an email yesterday to say I'd been refunded. I asked for a replacement but I guess they were OOS by the time it was received back.

So worked out in the end - next time I'll use tracked post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Funnily enough I got an email yesterday to say I'd been refunded. I asked for a replacement but I guess they were OOS by the time it was received back.

So worked out in the end - next time I'll use tracked post!

Glad to hear! Sometimes companies can be very slow at processing returns.

Advertisement