Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foldable bikes and the Aldi Offering

Options
  • 06-08-2020 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Aldi are offering a foldable bike for circa 350

https://www.aldi.ie/classic-lightweight-folding-bike/p/708372411115300

For those in the know is this considered a decent price ?

If anyone has bought it or had a good look at it feedback would be appreciated here ?

Likewise if there are good quality similar price alternatives a link here would be appreciated too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Very heavy at 15Kg according to the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

15kg ??? They call it lightweight, small wheels......

https://www.halfords.ie/bikes/folding-bikes/apollo-tuck-folding-bike-127104.html

for starters is cheaper, folds smaller and listed as 14kg

When Aldi last offered a road bike many years back the price was very good for what it was. Normally their big offerings come in quite competitive

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/tilt-100-folding-bike-grey-en-s120067.html

for 155 and folds smaller then the Aldi bike too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd suggest taking a look at any of those size folding bikes depending on what you intend to use them for. They'd be fine if you want to put it in a car boot (although most cars would only fit one) / take into an office etc but I wouldn't fancy dragging one onto a train or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

For comparison those e-scoots we see about the place are usually about 15kgs and nobody seems to have any issue hauling them around the place by hand.

Not sure I'd chance a folding bike on a packed DART though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

https://www.halfords.ie/bikes/folding-bikes/apollo-tuck-folding-bike-127104.html

for starters is cheaper, folds smaller and listed as 14kg

When Aldi last offered a road bike many years back the price was very good for what it was. Normally their big offerings come in quite competitive

How do you know it folds smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Does anyone know where all these young lads are getting these foldable e-bikes. I see loads of them on them around Dublin city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Does anyone know where all these young lads are getting these foldable e-bikes. I see loads of them on them around Dublin city centre.

I think you get one free with every box of drugs you sell. Big watch and grey tracksuit for the employee of the month. They come over in the boat with the drugs and guns from columbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I think you get one free with every box of drugs you sell. Big watch and grey tracksuit for the employee of the month. They come over in the boat with the drugs and guns from columbia.

Thanks for that insight.:D Other than that, does anyone else know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Seen some on done deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Not sure what answer you are looking for.

I expect because they are the least desirable bikes ( the budget ones) they get them cheap.
    I think a lot of people buy the cheap ones and they rot away at the back of sheds never used.
    You see many of the bikes for sale on adverts have been abandoned.
    There's loads of cheap folding bikes on adverts.

If you are using the bike as intended, folding and unfolding a few times day, and carrying it now and then, there is a world of a difference between a cheap one and a decent one. I mean cheap new. As they the decent bike can be ok value second hand.

Advertisement