Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Honor - US Pace -Showtime - (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Finished it tonight.

A good story idea,first episode was good and then it went seriously down hill with each passing episode .

It's was completely ludicrous in places for something that was supposed to be a serious show.

It really had little or no redeeming qualities, Cranston could do his role in his sleep.

Could see that ending a mile off.

For anyone who hasn't started it ,my advice is don't bother.I only stuck with it because there is **** all else do be at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭nc6000

That was all a bit of a disappointment.
    Funny that nobody in the show thought it odd he was the judge at a trial all related to a death caused by his wife's car!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Mulbert

What was the point of the blackmail bit? Where did ur man get the info.

Maybe I missed it. And I sure as hell not going to watch back over it to investigate.

Overall opinion, rubbish.

Mulbert wrote: »
    What was the point of the blackmail bit? Where did ur man get the info.

Maybe I missed it. And I sure as hell not going to watch back over it to investigate.

Overall opinion, rubbish.

He was the fella in the car behind Adam at the petrol station.He obviously put 2 and 2 together from news reports etc.
    Still massive plot holes in him doing that as well.

yabadabado wrote: »
    He was the fella in the car behind Adam at the petrol station.He obviously put 2 and 2 together from news reports etc.
    Still massive plot holes in him doing that as well.

That was the green Camry guy. Who was supposed to be in the black SUV which seemed to be following him around in the first couple of episodes and drive away with the lights off?

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    That was the green Camry guy. Who was supposed to be in the black SUV which seemed to be following him around in the first couple of episodes and drive away with the lights off?

Yeah I've no idea(the lads who showed the gun to Adam?) and the lease must have been up on that SUV as the writers just left it out completely after maybe 2 episodes.

The more I think about the series the worse it gets.Pure **** .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Taking into account conflict of interest reasons, there's no way Michael should've been presiding over that murder case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

just finished episode 4

question
    why did kobi jones walk into the cell of the baxter boy?

just finished it tonight,

so basically the moral of the story was:
    what goes around comes around

yes?

fryup wrote: »
    just finished episode 4

question
    why did kobi jones walk into the cell of the baxter boy?

Was he going there to tell him the truth about what had happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

just finished it tonight,

so basically the moral of the story was:
    what goes around comes around

yes?

Pretty much, such an obvious ending, felt to me like they rushed the last few episodes to wrap it up in 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

nc6000 wrote: »
    Was he going there to tell him the truth about what had happened?

You would think
    that the truth would be the first thing he'd tell him, and from ouitside the cell - in reality nobody in their right mind would have walked in there

what was the significance of his deceased wife's affair?? it didn't add anything to the story or did i miss something?

what was the significance of his deceased wife's affair?? it didn't add anything to the story or did i miss something?

No significance at all from what I could gather.

I was half expecting it to come out that Michael had her bumped off, it wouldn't have been the most ludicrous thing in the show.

Overall i enjoyed it, although in the back of my mind i kept thinking if only they came clean about it from the very start all of this mess and human lives lost could have easily been avoided.

And Bryan Cranston was basically playing Walter White in a judge's outfit, although he does it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,328 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Finished this tonight. Overall I give it a negative review.

I understand dramatic licence but the jolting and, by the end, bonkers coincidences that occured throughout just irritated me. The writing was disjointed, characters lashed in to the story sometimes to facilitate unfeasible events and often times just to confuse, but not in an intriguing way.

My main recollection is the impromptu dinner mid-series that the Mother in Law organises without asking anyone and suddenly all these protagonists are sat around a table even though their connections to the main family are tenuous or professional at best. It looked like the movie 'Clue' and I remember I looked at my wife and said 'ah here!'

The ending was also rushed and clumsy. I was going to say unresolved, but there is talk of a second season, yet with the inevitable fates of the main characters written in stone, there would have to be some even bigger mental plot devices to make it viable.

My advice, watch Breaking Bad again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I really enjoyed this show!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

Just finished this show and I enjoyed it, for the questions about the writing and direction of the show. Covid hit mid way through shooting so it a rewritten 2nd half.

I still enjoyed it for what it was, and I can see a 2nd season if it was a ratings hit.

And I'd watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

How did Carlo get a not guilty verdict? Because the laddo walked into his cell?

Overall i enjoyed it but overall fairly ridiculous alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just finished it, a bit meh overall. Grim and tense throughout with no likeable characters. Far too many contrivances especially the vet at the graveyard and the final scene at the hotel.

• Advertisement

Notdeco wrote: »

I still enjoyed it for what it was, and I can see a 2nd season if it was a ratings hit.

wah? how could they continue from that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Watched episode 1, Did nobody notice Brian Cranston in full Judges robes gets down off the stand and starts strutting around the courtroom doing the full cliched defence attorney song and dance before revealing he'd visited the defendants house and therefore can prove the cop is a liar? This is him supposed to be playing a judge in an American courtroom here? I couldnt believe how stupid that scene was, like the writers had never seen an episode of Law and Order or any other courtroom drama in their lives, it was embarrassing. Then I read this thread and it sounds like it only gets more stupid as it goes on so I just turned it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Complete nonsense. I would have bailed earlier if the wife wasn't so insistent on finishing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thargor wrote: »
    Watched episode 1, Did nobody notice Brian Cranston in full Judges robes gets down off the stand and starts strutting around the courtroom doing the full cliched defence attorney song and dance before revealing he'd visited the defendants house and therefore can prove the cop is a liar? This is him supposed to be playing a judge in an American courtroom here? I couldnt believe how stupid that scene was, like the writers had never seen an episode of Law and Order or any other courtroom drama in their lives, it was embarrassing. Then I read this thread and it sounds like it only gets more stupid as it goes on so I just turned it off.

I just kind of assumed that maybe in New Orleans judges are more actively involved in trials in this manner but yeah the writing is extremely poor overall and you're better off having left it after ep 1

edgecutter wrote: »
    Complete nonsense. I would have bailed earlier if the wife wasn't so insistent on finishing it.

Ditto

So many holes...

Last of many...
    What was the significance of the 911 call in getting Carlo acquitted?

Whoever cast the two kids should be water boarded.

Thargor wrote: »
    You lucky ****er ,I wished I quit on episode one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

This show was utter rubbish. Maddening and silly throughout. Stupid coincidences. The most contrived drama I have ever come across.
    They are really dumbing down the US dramas these days. The first episode did draw you in but it went downhill fast.
    I finished it but couldn't care less in the end. I now regret watching it. The ending was stupid too but what did I expect.
    Anyone that liked it is enabling this mindless guff.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

This show was utter rubbish. Maddening and silly throughout. Stupid coincidences. The most contrived drama I have ever come across.
    They are really dumbing down the US dramas these days. The first episode did draw you in but it went downhill fast.
    I finished it but couldn't care less in the end. I now regret watching it. The ending was stupid too but what did I expect.
    Anyone that liked it is enabling this mindless guff.

Completely agree.

One of the worst drams I've seen.

The best description of it was a dramatic Curb Your Enthusiasm. The judge and the son just kept doing stupid things ending with stupid coincidences.

Are we going to get a Series 2 based on solving the wife's murder? I won't be watching either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

I thought it was ridiculous and was going to quit, read reviews which rated it highly so stuck with it. Big mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The_Dave wrote: »
    I thought it was ridiculous and was going to quit, read reviews which rated it highly so stuck with it. Big mistake

I initially quit midway through episode 2.
    It was just going too slow.
    Then we decided to get rid of Sky and I thought I'd watch it all before the month of Sky expired.
    I got as far as the end of episode 2.
    I was not bothered any more.

Happy to see here on this thread that I missed nothing.

Advertisement