Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install window and leisure battery in VW Caddy, Galway?

Options
  • 07-08-2020 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi, I’m looking for somewhere in Galway (or close by) that could install a window in the sliding door of a caddy and also a leisure battery, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it a Camper? If so I'll move to Campervan forum.

You can ring https://conversions.vanderlust.com/contact and see what they say (Co Clare)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭brownetara

biko wrote: »
    Is it a Camper? If so I'll move to Campervan forum.

You can ring https://conversions.vanderlust.com/contact and see what they say (Co Clare)

Hi, I suppose that’s probably more suitable alright, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can’t legally have a window on the sliding door if it’s still taxed as a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭brownetara

Its taxed as a private vehicle so should be okay but thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s still a commercial taxed privately vs a VRT paid passenger car.

You’d probably get away with it though.

Anywhere that fits windscreens could probably do the window for you.

Van Windows Ireland in NI are quite reasonably priced for supply of windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

;)As Colm said its still commercial the only was you can have windows in the side of a commercial is if you make it a crewvan. You could I supposed have a crewvan with removable seats ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭WildWater

Try the guys in Ballindooley. Rescuu. I think they do camper conversions.

Advertisement