Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Peno to Lille, looked outside - No VAR

Bain saves!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus Duffy why are you having a nibble at him there. He's going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Foul was outside the box. .Justice served.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Duffy needs dropping, we'll done Bain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Good save with the feet there from Bain. Justice although not necessary from Duffy it looked outside.

Bloody hell Bain.... Lille hit the crossbar after Bains mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

That’s more like the Celtic we all love (albeit with a couple of unnecessary scares).

Expected nothing from this tie so delighted to see the way we’ve played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Can't watch. Sounds like I'm missing a cracker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Yeah a better performance. A win here could kickstart things. Fingers crossed for a positive second half.

Ajer off injured, Bitton on

Lille pushing hard since the restart. Celtic sitting back soaking up the pressure.

Lille pull one back, it was coming as Celtic defended more deeply this half

Elyounssi took too many touches and could not get his shot off

Lille rewarded for 20 minutes of dominance. 1-2.

Lille equalise, Celtic inviting everything this half

• Advertisement

Celtic haven't come out for the second half yet. Being outfought, outrun and outplayed. 2-2.

N'tcham gave up a while ago and needs hooked

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Missed 1st half, but saw score and almost expected to ship at least 2. We've been pinned back for all of the 2nd half.

Great first half. Shocking second half.

Hope Ajer’s injury isn’t too bad. Disaster if he is out for any length of time in the circumstances.

Plenty of positives to take from the game. Would have bitten your hand off at the ankle for a draw beforehand.

I have to say i was impressed with that Lille side. Full of energy and pace and look very dangerous when on the front foot. I can see why their second in the French league and hammered Prague 4-1 away last week.

As for Celtic played well for about 30 minutes of first half and upped their game after Lille levelled but i felt Lille were slightly the better team overall. At this early stage i'd fancy Milan and Lille to progress.

Celtic up against Aberdeen in the delayed cup semi final on Sunday at 14.30. The mood around the club seems a little edgy. Another tough game coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Tough games coming thick and fast at the minute, good first half but probably fortunate to take a 2 nil lead. Sat back too much in the second half.

Ajer will be a big loss if he's out for a while.

Better performance overall than recent games but confidence is shakey as shown in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Another issue is the other lot don't look like they'll drop many points to all the other teams. It's ridiculous that they've only conceded 3 goals in 12 league games so far. They have a decent team but that's very poor form from the opposition.

I felt Hearts being relegated would benefit Rangers more than Celtic as they are a team you'd fancy taking points off them while Celtic have a great record v the jambos.

Now teams seem to be rolling over against them barely having a shot on target in many matches. Outside of Aberdeen and Hibs the rest of the league is poor. But can this Rangers run continue? Surely they will hit some run of poor form?

It looks like Celtic may have to win at least two of the remaining three Old Firms and not lose the other one the way things are going. And two of the games at Ibrox.

It's still all to play for but there's not much margin of error left. With all that's on the line you would expect Celtic to up the gears and give the other lot a stern test over the coming months. That is the very least we can all expect.

They've drawn 2, we've drawn 2. The derby game is the only difference between us currently.

They've drawn 2, we've drawn 2. The derby game is the only difference between us currently.

Yes. So if Rangers keep beating the canon fodder (which it looks like) Celtic will need to beat them to make up the three point deficit (providing Celtic win their game in hand and keep winning all other games). Then Celtic may need to beat Rangers again to actually edge in front by three points. And finally not lose the other derby to remain three points ahead. Currently Rangers have a 7 goal advantage although played a game more.

The problem is they just don't look like conceding a goal never mind dropping points. Last night v Lech Poznan was their 13th clean sheet in last 16 games. 81% of last 16 games they haven't even conceded a goal. It's pathetic the lack of attempts on goal against them and you'd worry where they are going to come unstuck.

So on the basis that unlike other seasons not many teams will take points off them its going to be left up to Celtic to beat them a couple of times in the Old Firm to edge themselves infront.

It is mere speculation at this stage but i'm trying to see where we can reel this lot in and Celtic really do have a job on their hands this season to do it. Celtic are winless in four games and are not playing well while across the city the other lot of swatting away the opposition at their ease. It's not over by any means but as i said before there is not much margin of error left. Especially in the remaining Old Firm games.

This could all turn very quickly. Their squad beyond their first 13 or 14 players is rank rotten. I still believe our team and squad is stronger. Injuries and Covid (both of which they have miraculously avoided thus far) will really test them.

Hoping that we reach another final on Sunday whilst Killie away on the plastic is a very difficult tie for them.

Don't think the game on Sunday is on tv. It's not on Sky anyway so i won'thavd access to it.

Ok thanks. I don't have that and i've never streamed any live sport so i'll be missing this one. I've forked out for Sky Sports and wont be paying any more. Pity the pubs are not open as i'd often head into a few pubs i frequent in town to watch Celtic games.

Yes. So if Rangers keep beating the canon fodder (which it looks like) Celtic will need to beat them to make up the three point deficit (providing Celtic win their game in hand and keep winning all other games). Then Celtic may need to beat Rangers again to actually edge in front by three points. And finally not lose the other derby to remain three points ahead. Currently Rangers have a 7 goal advantage although played a game more.

The problem is they just don't look like conceding a goal never mind dropping points. Last night v Lech Poznan was their 13th clean sheet in last 16 games. 81% of last 16 games they haven't even conceded a goal. It's pathetic the lack of attempts on goal against them and you'd worry where they are going to come unstuck.

So on the basis that unlike other seasons not many teams will take points off them its going to be left up to Celtic to beat them a couple of times in the Old Firm to edge themselves infront.

It is mere speculation at this stage but i'm trying to see where we can reel this lot in and Celtic really do have a job on their hands this season to do it. Celtic are winless in four games and are not playing well while across the city the other lot of swatting away the opposition at their ease. It's not over by any means but as i said before there is not much margin of error left. Especially in the remaining Old Firm games.

Lennon has won 4 out of 4 domestic trophies since he’s come back. He literally couldn’t have done any more in Scotland. We’ll be grand.

Lennon has won 4 out of 4 domestic trophies since he’s come back. He literally couldn’t have done any more in Scotland. We’ll be grand.

You're very confident of the 10? Fair play. Hope you're right lad.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. I don't have that and i've never streamed any live sport so i'll be missing this one. I've forked out for Sky Sports and wont be paying any more. Pity the pubs are not open as i'd often head into a few pubs i frequent in town to watch Celtic games.

Hopefully I will be posting plenty of Celtic goals :)

You're very confident of the 10? Fair play. Hope you're right lad.

Why not? Gerrard has never won a trophy. His teams tend to crack under the slightest pressure and the arse has fallen out of his team every Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

That was much better against Lille. Disappointing to draw when 2 up but Lille are a good team and a draw away to them is a good result. The performance was encouraging and a sign that we’re turning things around. Play like that and we’ll win tomorrow and get back on track.

Today’s team - Bain, Duffy, Bitton, Brown, Christie, Rogic, Edouard, Elyounoussi, Frimpong, McGregor, Laxalt. Subs: Barkas, Taylor, Griffiths, Ajeti, Klimala, Soro, Turnbull, Ntcham, Elhamed.

What a peach from Christie to make it 1-0

https://streamable.com/msapap

Christie just missed a great chance just there

Elyounoussi makes it 2-0, fantastic cross from Rogic

https://streamable.com/s458hr

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Much more like it. This is the Celtic we know. Really pressing the ball and moving it quickly.

Rogic has been the creator we have missed, so glad he stayed

Celtic have decided to go to sleep in the 2nd half and Aberdeen keep coming close

• Advertisement

Very pleased with reaching the final. Went a bit flat in the second half but very, very encouraging signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

That was very good today. Good to see Duffy returning to form as well.

A bit of catching up to do with the other lot, play like today as we are well capable of and we’ll win everything again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Much more like it from us yesterday. I thought we were excellent going forward in the first half. They were lucky really it was only 2-0. Having Rogic back has been big for us creatively I feel. The second half was a non event in terms of flowing football but we managed the game well and cruised through to the final in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

eire4 wrote: »
    Much more like it from us yesterday. I thought we were excellent going forward in the first half. They were lucky really it was only 2-0. Having Rogic back has been big for us creatively I feel. The second half was a non event in terms of flowing football but we managed the game well and cruised through to the final in the end.

Some quality football from the Bhoys yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Feeling much better after theses last two games, hopefully we've turned the corner. Im still a bit concerned about the league though, just because rangers have collapsed under pressure before doesnt mean they will this season but anyway all we can do now is avoid any silly slips ups until the next derby

I saw this on twitter and had to share - fantastic montage

https://twitter.com/adamlynch27/status/1323033156207943680?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I saw this on twitter and had to share - fantastic montage

https://twitter.com/adamlynch27/status/1323033156207943680?s=21

O how good it is to have the wizard of oz back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Big one tonight, really need all 3 points. Hopefully an aggressive start. Be interesting to see the line up. Hopefully Milan do a job on Lile too

US2 wrote: »
    Big one tonight, really need all 3 points. Hopefully an aggressive start. Be interesting to see the line up. Hopefully Milan do a job on Lile too

Starting: Bain, Duffy, Bitton, Brown, Christie, Rogic, Edouard, Elyounoussi, Frimpong, McGregor, Laxalt.

Subs: Barkas, Hazard, Taylor, Griffiths, Ajeti, Soro, Klimala, Ntcham, Turnbull, Elhamed, Henderson, Welsh

Hoping for us to build on the last couple of games here.

Holy fcuk. What’ve we been at the last 10 minutes!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement