Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Had to laugh when the Irish t.v. analysis said that Celtic will be disappointed as Sparta were the weakest team in the group.

It's very clear they aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

RoryMac wrote: »
    Do you honestly see Lennon turning this around and getting the team back on track with a run of 5 or 6 wins?

I can't see it myself, there are very few positives in the team at present to see where we'll get some consistency.

Laxalt has been decent, Frimpong excellent going forward but poor at the back and Griff starting to look sharp, apart from that it's a sh!tshow

Before tonight I actually thought yes that there had been signs of improvement in the last two games, but tonight was shocking. I just dont see the point in getting rid of Lennon when not a single credible alternative has been put forward???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Before tonight I actually thought yes that there had been signs of improvement in the last two games, but tonight was shocking. I just dont see the point in getting rid of Lennon when not a single credible alternative has been put forward???

Yeah I hoped rather than believed he could do it before tonight but not anymore, I just can't see where a run of form is coming from in this side.

I've no idea about an alternative at the minute but it has to be something the board are looking at in the background. As someone said above our next 4 games are away and I don't see how he survives that with how we're playing

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

US2 wrote: »
    Next four games all away, motherwell hibs Sparta and millan.

Draw , Draw , Loss , Loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

The alternative would be a manager that does tactics and doesn't keep picking players who cost us games. I'm sure the overpaid suits at the club can find someone who fits that description and if not, they can feck off as well.

Just a few years ago we managed to get Brendan Rodgers as manager. To suggest the best we can get is someone who got binned by Bolton and Hibs is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The only reason he got the job is because he was free, and the only reason fans accept him is because of his address.
    Ronnie Deila got ran for alot less.

How many trebles did Ronny win??

The alternative would be a manager that does tactics and doesn't keep picking players who cost us games. I'm sure the overpaid suits at the club can find someone who fits that description and if not, they can feck off as well.

Just a few years ago we managed to get Brendan Rodgers as manager. To suggest the best we can get is someone who got binned by Bolton and Hibs is ridiculous.

Brendan Rodgers? The failed Watford and Reading manager??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Draw , Draw , Loss , Loss

Win, win, loss, loss.

Keep the faith! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Who are the alternatives that are available? I hear some people touting Eddie Howe but I am unsure myself. He plays a nice brand of football but his teams shipped a lot of goals and he squandered some money on flops.

Could we have a name maybe??

And the Bolton and Hibs quip is beyond silly.

Hibs as I have already pointed out he brought from the Championship to the Europa League in one season and they were one of the best teams in the SPL. He left by mutual agreement for non-footballing reasons.

Bolton, the club was a sh*t show, the club was in financial ruin and the players weren't paid for the last 6 months he was there, its not by accident that they are in the fourth tier of English football now. Lennon's biggest error here was taking the job inn the first place.

Lennon is under serious pressure and has serious questions to answer over the current form of the team, but this attempt to re-write history is laughable. A large cohort of fans didn't want Lennon back at the club and have been sitting on their hands for the last two seasons waiting for a chance to stick the knife in.

Lenny has been at the club for a total of 12 seasons and been a huge part of our most successful period ever and deserves better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

henke wrote: »
    Who are the alternatives that are available? I hear some people touting Eddie Howe but I am unsure myself. He plays a nice brand of football but his teams shipped a lot of goals and he squandered some money on flops.

It's hard for any one on here to name someone, we don't know how much the club will spend, or who's available. I think anyone coming in would give the players a lift now. They don't like Lennon and won't improve . I'd t ake Steve Clarke. Decent job at killie and seems to have turned the Scottish team around. Howe did a fantastic job at Bournemouth until he had money to spend.

I'm not saying I want Clarke btw, but anyone will be better than Lennon now, when u lose the dressing room there's no getting it back

Could we have a name maybe??

And the Bolton and Hibs quip is beyond silly.

Hibs as I have already pointed out he brought from the Championship to the Europa League in one season and they were one of the best teams in the SPL. He left by mutual agreement for non-footballing reasons.

Bolton, the club was a sh*t show, the club was in financial ruin and the players weren't paid for the last 6 months he was there, its not by accident that they are in the fourth tier of English football now. Lennon's biggest error here was taking the job inn the first place.

Lennon is under serious pressure and has serious questions to answer over the current form of the team, but this attempt to re-write history is laughable. A large cohort of fans didn't want Lennon back at the club and have been sitting on their hands for the last two seasons waiting for a chance to stick the knife in.

Lenny has been at the club for a total of 12 seasons and been a huge part of our most successful period ever and deserves better.

How long do you keep the faith with Lennon, untill it's too late to turn around ? He was good in his first spell but after the team Rodgers built he was a terrible replacement. And your right, he did a fantastic job with hibs untill he fell out with half the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lennon looks lost lately and the unexplained flat performances rest at his door. Duffy is looking awful too, I thought he'd be massively important but he needs to improve quickly.

Not sure who you could get in to replace Lenny though, Howe is an option and it might line up for him but no stand outs who are realistic at the moment.

How long do you keep the faith with Lennon, untill it's too late to turn around ? He was good in his first spell but after the team Rodgers built he was a terrible replacement. And your right, he did a fantastic job with hibs untill he fell out with half the team

As I said previously he is in the last chance saloon. Things are dire right now and it is very worrying but lets not get carried away we are effectively 3 points behind with 3 games against the other crowd to go. Rangers squad is paper thin, we are in our worst run of form in the last god knows how many years, Rangers are playing out of their skin with absolutely everything going their way and we are three points behind.

Wait until they hit a sticky patch or pick up a few injuries or when the level of expectency increases, they will crumble just like last season.

Too late to turn it around? With games in hand we're 3 points behind rangers, after losing the first derby against them. We're hardly marooned miles behind. Screw the Europa Lge. Get back to playing Saturday and putting pressure on Gerrards team and they'll bottle it like they do every year.

Too late to turn it around? With games in hand we're 3 points behind rangers, after losing the first derby against them. We're hardly marooned miles behind. Screw the Europa Lge. Get back to playing Saturday and putting pressure on Gerrards team and they'll bottle it like they do every year.

I didn't say it's too late to turn around but I hope we don't wait until it is too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Big game tomorrow. I'm backing Lenny and his players to get a big win with a big performance and get back on track.

This from the guy who came on the US Presidential thread with a peach of a comment when he said; "Drinking liberal tears this morning instead of coffee" :pac:

I'd be more worried for Lenny if you were backing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

TheCitizen wrote: »
    This from the guy who came on the US Presidential thread with a peach of a comment when he said; "Drinking liberal tears this morning instead of coffee" :pac:

Love Lenny and want him to be the man to win the ten. He deserves it - WE’RE ALL NEIL LENNON!! But let’s not get at each other’s throats. Even Lenny would appreciate that getting the job done this season is more important than sentiment. He or the team, can’t afford to make any more mistakes.

Lenny and the team need to get their sh1t together. **** the Europa - it’s gone. The league is still very much there for us.

To echo a poster above- KEEP THE FAITH.

Hail, Hail. **** it - let it happen as it does. We need to stick together and keep supporting our team and club. Anything else is just the behavior of that other shower.

• Advertisement

TheCitizen wrote: »

What the fcuk has this got to do with football?

Duffy & Édouard out of the starting team today, deservedly so.

This is a must win game for Lennon, needs a big reaction from the players.

Fingers crossed we'll get that and a good win

Good start and Elyounoussi puts us 1 up after excellent work by Ajeti

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Moi puts Celtic 1 up after a mistake from Motherwell. Good start.

Lennon making his point firmly with team selection. Delighted to see that.

That Motherwell keeper is carrying a fair bit of weight. Genuinely not being smart but just surprised to see it these days with the diet and fitness regimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Celtic not playing particularly well but in front whuch is the main thing.

Fantastic work for that goal from Rogic, and Moi gets his 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a great assist from Rogic

Another for Elyounoussi, not phoning in a performance today

• Advertisement

That deserved better from Christie, what fantastic footwork from Rogic for the counter attack

Failing to win this game was not an option. Looking like three points in the bag but i wouldn't be raving about it.

After the international break Celtic have six fixtures leading up to the next Old Firm game

Hibs (a)
    St Jonhnstone (h)
    Kilmarnock (h)
    Ross Cnty (h)
    Hamilton (a)
    Dundee Utd (h)

With the other lot seemingly winning most matches at their ease and not looking like dropping any points Celtic really need to be winning all of these games. At worst dropping two points, and perhaps Rangers will slip up somewhere which would be a bonus.

Time for Celtic to up the gears and start brushing teams aside like their capable of. Administer a few big drubbings and sew a few seeds of doubt in minds on the other side of the city. And turn up in top form for the visit to Ibrox. All to play for.

That should have been a sending off for a dreadful tackle on Frimpong... unbelievable that Dallas thought that only warranted a yellow

Should have been a red there. Studs high into Frimpong's leg.

Still too soft at the back, Motherwell had a spell of 20 mins or so and got a deserved goal. Next goal critical.

• Advertisement

No Duffy today and Motherwell have had 11 goal attempts and two on target. And quite a few threatening balls in the box that with a different bounce of the ball could easily have led to a goal. No way Motherwell should be having that amount of goal attempts.

2-1 massive pressure not to fold here now

Thank fcuk. Moi with a 3rd. That should be that.

Yes Moi. Thank ****.

Great cross and header and now a hattrick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Thank god for that. Needed. Good header.

Ajer off, Duffy on

1-3
    https://streamja.com/GZy47

Thank the lord

‘Mon the fcuking Hoops!!

A good win, Elyounoussi was excellent.

Looked stronger in defence with Ajer back but still far from being solid. Need the full backs to tone down their attacking play, the 2 of them pushed so far forward leaves us very open. Elhamed should probably get a run of games to help us there.

I think we need to choose between Brown and McGregor, the 2 together doesn't work.

But overall a good performance and result, need to build on this and get the confidence back

And seeing a healthy Petrov the icing on the cake.

Not to put a dampener on things but i see Rangers are drubbing Hamilton 4-0 at half time. 13 attempts at goal with 8 on target. And not a solitary shot on goal for Hamilton which is getting a bit silly at this stage. Could end up a savage beating.

Anyone that thinks just because they fell asunder in previous years means the same thing will happen again this year may be sadly let down. I think Celtic are going to have to earn it this year more than ever rather the title being handed to them.

Happy with that result and performance. Major challenge ahead post the international break but for today Lenny needed a result and positive performance from the players. He got that. Duffy unfortunately appears to be not working out for whatever reason. Need to get Julien fit and he and Ajer should help solidify the back line.

To be fair to Duffy he was no worse than Bitton was on Thursday and it’s the defending as a team unit that is the major issue. Brown maybe doesn’t have the legs anymore for that holding midfield role. Bitton in that role might be an option when Julien comes back. Duffy probably will get further chances as we tend to pick up injuries no matter what. A spell out of the team probably needed, he may still play a positive role for the team this season.

Need to return from the international break and add some consistency to one or two better performances recently like today and last Sunday. The EL doesn’t really matter now, use it to give Turnbull a chance to stake a claim for a start and try to get Griffiths and Edouard match fit.

Not to put a dampener on things but i see Rangers are drubbing Hamilton 4-0 at half time. 13 attempts at goal with 8 on target. And not a solitary shot on goal for Hamilton which is getting a bit silly at this stage. Could end up a savage beating.

Anyone that thinks just because they fell asunder in previous years means the same thing will happen again this year may be sadly let down. I think Celtic are going to have to earn it this year more than ever rather the title being handed to them.

They certainly look a much better side this season but the pressure isn't really on them yet.

I'm not sure they have much strength in depth so a few injuries could quickly change things around.

But yeah as it stands it looks like we'll need to go on an extended run of wins to close ground and also start performing in the games against them. The remaining 3 games against them may well decide the title

• Advertisement
Advertisement