Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Absolutely flat game so far with Hibs winning 1-0. Utterly stupid from Brown to give away a penalty

Seems to be our story this season. Can't watch the match but am looking at BBC text and it looks like lots of possession with nothing to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

2-0, we are throwing this league away

Very poor defending

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

2-0 Hibs, we're done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

He should've went after the Sparta game

2-1 Edouard penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Laxalt with an injury time equaliser, couldn't see the game so can't comment on the performance but another 2 dropped points is not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Ended 2-2. Suppose is decent considering they were 2 down but they need to start putting a string of wins together and need to be going into the next old firm in better form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

henke wrote: »
    Ended 2-2. Suppose is decent considering they were 2 down but they need to start putting a string of wins together and need to be going into the next old firm in better form.

Need to be going into it with a better manager.

Really don't see us turning any sort of corner, this is our level for this season.

Can't see the board parting ways with Lennon.

If/when Lennon leaves, who would we get in to replace him. Who would want the job.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Laxalt with an injury time equaliser, couldn't see the game so can't comment on the performance but another 2 dropped points is not good

It was a poor performace. Even the commentators on Hibs tv were saying at one point it was strange watching a Celtic team with no real fight in them.

• Advertisement

Really don't see us turning any sort of corner, this is our level for this season.

Can't see the board parting ways with Lennon.

If/when Lennon leaves, who would we get in to replace him. Who would want the job.

It's not really our level, we have the players to be playing far better than we are currently. We have the strongest squad in the league but we're not showing that on the pitch.

I don't see the board getting rid of Lennon either but it's looking like thats going to cost us 10 in a row. There is something seriously wrong between the players and coaches, no matter the players or formation put out they underperform.

I've no idea who should replace him but the board should've been putting the feelers out after the Ferencvaros and Sparta results but I suspect they've sat on their hands

We are better than how we played today. I am not sure why Edouard did not start as he created more in his sub appearance than Ajeti.

I would like to see us quicken the pace of our play, we were rather too pedestrian and our passing was not up to scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Stewball

Ten won't happen under Lennon - he needs to go now.

It's not really our level, we have the players to be playing far better than we are currently. We have the strongest squad in the league but we're not showing that on the pitch.

I don't see the board getting rid of Lennon either but it's looking like thats going to cost us 10 in a row. There is something seriously wrong between the players and coaches, no matter the players or formation put out they underperform.

Yeah I think that's my point, when I say that's our level I mean under Lennon's management. in some recent games 10-15 minutes spells usually in the 2nd half of playing to our full potential, really attacking going forward, and it's usually when Scott Brown is substituted. But we've then gone on to concede some very weak goals at the same time, highlighting our defensive issues.

How much have we spend on Soro, Bayo, Barkas and Duffy only for it not to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I was actually feeling hopefull last night after the international break, sickening. I know it's still early but I cannot see this team going on a good winning run. Realistically we prob need to win every game from now til Xmas then beat the blues in January. I just can't see it happening

I was on a dodgy stream today so can't say much about the performance, to only say 20 mins of first half and 10 of second, but why isn't Griffiths starting, and why bring on Duffy when 2 nil down ?

US2 wrote: »
    I was actually feeling hopefull last night after the international break, sickening. I know it's still early but I cannot see this team going on a good winning run. Realistically we prob need to win every game from now til Xmas then beat the blues in January. I just can't see it happening

LLDDWLWD

That's our form in the last 8 games, can see a run of wins is coming anytime soon

LLDDWLWD

That's our form in the last 8 games, can see a run of wins is coming anytime soon

And lucky to get those 2 W's to be honest.

We could win every single game between now and new years and still be going to ibrox 14 points behind. Scary . Seriously cannot afford to drop another single point.

"the board" usually gets the flack when things don't go well, and I always disagree, Lawell oversaw 9 in a row, treble treble, unbeaten season, got us one of the best managers in world football. All this while making profit. I can't recall anyone complaining about transfers this summer. This is 100 percent down to the manager.(yeah the board appointed Lennon but it's what the fans wanted simply because his address and religion) I said on this thread back in late August there was a massive falling out in lennoxtown between Lennon , Edouard, Julien, Ntchamp , Griffiths, Brown to be specific. It will not improve while Lennon is there and it might be even be too late if he's sacked in the morning.

It really is depressing. Anyone that still has faith in Lennon is just saying it to sound like I'm a better supporter than you.

• Advertisement

Looks like the beginning of the end for Lennon with the dreaded vote of confidence today.

3 home games and a Scottish Cup final in December, he'll be here going into the new year.

Hopefully we see a stronger performance tomorrow night.

They can't avoid the pressure to do something now anyway. Green brigade with a display in park head

https://twitter.com/NCCeltic/status/1331526569949585408?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not knowing the ins and outs of Celtic support are the "Green Brigade" an actual big deal or do they have delusions of grandeur?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Not knowing the ins and outs of Celtic support are the "Green Brigade" an actual big deal or do they have delusions of grandeur?

Bit of both I would say. Will be taken seriously by the club though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

That's a very good question to be honest and they certainly divide opinion, they have on occasion let them selves down and they certainly see them selves as being above not only the powers that be but also other supporters.

They have their supporters and their detractors its fair to say but I would suspect they are very much seen as being reflective of the general support when it comes to footballing matters, it is their non football related antics that cause most bother. Their voice is very much heard by those that make the big decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Starting 11 tonight, Bain, Elhamed, Jullien, Ajer, Laxalt, Brown, McGregor, Ntcham, Christie, Elyounoussi, Edouard.

Fcuking delighted to see Jullien back. Hope he’s not being rushed in though.

This is a glorified friendly really isn't it

Cracking opener from Eddy.

1-1 after Edouard scored a fantastic goal. SP equalise from a corner with a lot of the Celtic players ball watching

Could easily have been a red card for the SP player after he stamps on Laxalt

• Advertisement

2-1 to Sparta

Everything will be alright, Lenny is a celtic man..........

We look just as disorganised as we have done lately. Could get spanked here.

The calls for Lenny to resign will be deafening.

We look just as disorganised as we have done lately. Could get spanked here.

The calls for Lenny to resign will be deafening.

Its a shambles. Should be 3

The first goal was comical defending
    The second goal was keystone defending
    Sparta hit the post after more comical defending

That's 19 goals conceded in 8.5 games

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

We are so easy to score against at the moment it's unreal. Even if we were 3 up at HT, I'd still not be confident of winning a match. Same mistakes time and time again, and the body language of the players says it all. Zero confidence.

Anyone in the league could and should score against us ATM. Can't see how Lennon can stay on, he has clearly lost this group of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That was a shambles. Anyone can see Lennon has lost the dressing room here, body language of the players looks terrible.

Edouard misses a huge chance for the equaliser

3-1, counter attacked

Ntcham jogging back while his man is running forward

• Advertisement

Embarrassingly pathetic. You'd swear this was Barcelona we were playing. 7 goals they've put past us now.

7 ****ing 2 on aggregate

Jesus Christ Bain....

Celtic all over the place here.

If Lennon really loves Celtic he will resign in the morning. We still have a chance of saving the league

He has to he gone now.

Players running around like headless chickens, no game plan at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

PauloMN wrote: »
    He has to he gone now.

Shocking performance! Hasnt really been a great one all season but there have been a few pathetic performances

We surely must have broken a record as the ****test pot 1 team in the EL, no?

• Advertisement

It’s a sad thing but Lenny’s position is untenable now. Would have loved him to be the one to deliver the ten but it’s over for him at Celtic now.

Regrettably, if Lenny stays, the season is over for us.

Advertisement