Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Statement condoning protests just released

I don't agree with some of the fans actions outside the ground tonight, some of the chants about Lennon were way OTT but to me this statement is an attempt by the club not to take the action we all know is needed.

Pay out Lennon's contract and let him go

Martin o Neill for the rest of the season? Outside chance.

Strachan is bookies favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

adaminho wrote: »
    Can I ask what Celtic fan's want? Europa league is gone and 10 in a row is also gone barring a miracle! Is it a change in style or a continuation of what's worked all along?

Really? A 5/2 shot would be a miracle? Obviously Neils time is up and we are an absolute shambles right now, but some of the hyperbole over where we are is baffling. Ajer and Julien back and Eduoard decides to get his head out from his ..., a win in the new years derby and suddenly we are favourites again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

6 wrote: »
    Martin o Neill for the rest of the season? Outside chance.

Strachan is bookies favourite.

Not sure either of them would be the right choice tbh but both know the club to an extent but the Lennon move was some sentimentality crossed with a relative low cost. Both of the above would be sentimentality as opposed to what they've done in football in the last 3/4 years

Given Rangers tendency to implode a bit in the 2nd part of the season, their is a huge opportunity there however a change is badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

After last night's protests surely the board will have to act. If Lenny isn't relieved of his duties then the same lads are going to turn up at Parkhead tonight too (and every night until he's gone).

Hopefully stubborn Lawwell doesn't dig his heels in and let this drag out to make a point.

It appears that some of the players don't want to play for Lenny and in such a scenario the manager/coach always loses out. Results and certainly performances are not going to improve under the current coaching team and so if the board want us, the fans, to keep on pumping our money into the club, they need to act fast to save the season. If this is allowed to fester and continue, we'll be back to closed stands and poor attendances next year, just like during the Ronny years.

As for the comment that we'll need a miracle to win the ten. No, we'll need a new, savvy coaching team that will draw the best out of our very talented squad. Don't think the rangers will implode or crumble this season as they have in previous seasons but I do think they'll buckle a bit if we win our games in hand, close the gap, start toting up points on the board and piling a little bit of pressure on them - especially if fans are allowed back into the stadiums after Christmas.

A very big couple of days coming up for Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Gordon Strachan favourite to take over if Lennon goes. WTF is going on at the club?

Gordon Strachan favourite to take over if Lennon goes. WTF is going on at the club?

Can't see that happening, he'll hardly come in to take over the day his son gets sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Some Romanian football journalist on Twitter saying Dan Patrescu is going to Celtic. He resigned from what ever club he was managing today..

US2 wrote: »
    Some Romanian football journalist on Twitter saying Dan Patrescu is going to Celtic. He resigned from what ever club he was managing today..

Isn’t (wasn’t) he in charge of Cluj? If that’s happening, I wouldn’t be complaining. Has Cluj massively overachieving.

• Advertisement

Some suggestions that the board are sticking with him, I'd have to wonder are they trying to force Lennon into resigning to save a few quid.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyRJoseph/status/1333559507146960898?s=20

Radio Clyde journalist -

https://twitter.com/AlisonGConroy/status/1333762529336627207

Looks like Lenny will be around for Milan at least. His press conference tomorrow will be very interesting.

Isn’t (wasn’t) he in charge of Cluj? If that’s happening, I wouldn’t be complaining. Has Cluj massively overachieving.

He was heavily linked with the job when Deila was sacked, and he has constantly being name dropping Celtic and lavishing praise on them, he does like to talk reams of scutter, has zero loyalty and will follow the money.

He didn't end up in Qatar, Russia and China by accident.

All that said he has an impressive record with Cluj and has achieved decent results in some of his many many jobs.

This loyalty thing is a load of ****e to be honest. No manager is going to be loyal to Celtic if something bigger comes along, even Lennon left his first spell because he thought he'd get a good job in England.

Lennon going nowhere until after the cup final by the sound of it

"Later this month, Celtic will attempt what no other club in the world has achieved – a quadruple treble in domestic competitions. We can best prepare for that and for our other remaining competitions this season by moving forward together, with the sole aim of achieving continued success for the Club."

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1333829165871751172?s=19

RoryMac wrote: »
    Lennon going nowhere until after the cup final by the sound of it

"Later this month, Celtic will attempt what no other club in the world has achieved – a quadruple treble in domestic competitions. We can best prepare for that and for our other remaining competitions this season by moving forward together, with the sole aim of achieving continued success for the Club."

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1333829165871751172?s=19

Did Ross County not knock us out of the cup the other day ??

• Advertisement

Did Ross County not knock us out of the cup the other day ??

Scottish Cup final carried over from last year taking place on 20th Dec

This loyalty thing is a load of ****e to be honest. No manager is going to be loyal to Celtic if something bigger comes along, even Lennon left his first spell because he thought he'd get a good job in England.

Yeah, lets not rewrite history here :rolleyes:

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Yeah, lets not rewrite history here :rolleyes:

Why did he leave so ? For a sebatical ? Joined Bolton 3 months later

Why did he leave so ? For a sebatical ? Joined Bolton 3 months later

For someone who claims to know so much about the club you don't seem to know a lot!

Google it! And it had nothing to do with anything outside of Celtic at all.

For someone who claims to know so much about the club you don't seem to know a lot!

Google it! And it had nothing to do with anything outside of Celtic at all.

Where did I claim to know loads about the club? Honest answer is he thought he'd get a big job . in England.

• Advertisement

Not arguing anyway was making the point that no manager is loyal at this level

Where did I claim to know loads about the club? Honest answer is he thought he'd get a big job . in England.

He left after a long running dispute with the board over transfer funds, fcuk all to do with England, why would he leave before being offered a job in England first, it doesn't make any sense.

And Lennon has been called plenty in the last few days and weeks, but to question his loyalty to Celtic is bang out of order and quite frankly pure rubbish.

He left after a long running dispute with the board over transfer funds, fcuk all to do with England, why would he leave before being offered a job in England first, it doesn't make any sense.

And Lennon has been called plenty in the last few days and weeks, but to question his loyalty to Celtic is bang out of order and quite frankly pure rubbish.

While he did have long running issues with the board over transfers I don't remember that being the reason he left tbh.

I thought ultimately he left because the board had offered the assistant manager job to Ronny Delia after Johan had walked out, this also followed on from Thompson being sacked after a few incidents while drinking with the rest of the coaching staff.

Lennon I'm sure saw his time was up with Delia being brought in

RoryMac wrote: »
    While he did have long running issues with the board over transfers I don't remember that being the reason he left tbh.

I thought ultimately he left because the board had offered the assistant manager job to Ronny Delia after Johan had walked out, this also followed on from Thompson being sacked after a few incidents while drinking with the rest of the coaching staff.

Lennon I'm sure saw his time was up with Delia being brought in

Yeah it was a cumulation of a number of things and ultimately Lennon felt like he was been shoved to the side and not been consulted on big decisions.

It was certainly not a show of disloyalty or a case of wanting to go to England or thinking he was too big for Celtic, which is quite frankly absurd.

When Lennon left he actually went up in my estimation, here we had someone who was finally willing to stand up to the board and not be a yes man and not willing to be pushed around.

After a good search on Google I can't find anything like what ye are saying. Articles like this is all I can find..

"Lennon took the decision after talks with his close family and friends at the conclusion of the season. His coach, Garry Parker, is expected to follow him out of Celtic Park.

Lennon had grown disillusioned with the lack of challenge offered by Scottish football and is now of a mind to work in a fresh environment. There is also a belief within Lennon that he has taken Celtic as far as he can in their current form."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/22/neil-lennon-resigns-celtic-manager

His statement when leaving thanked the board for backing him during his tenure

"I have parted company with Celtic.

The club are in a very strong position and I wish the fans and the club all the very best for the future.

I can't thank Peter Lawwell and the board enough for their backing and support during my time as manager."

I'm out of order for stating actual facts and not some "insider" gossip. This thread is a joke. I'm out.

I'm out of order for stating actual facts and not some "insider" gossip. This thread is a joke. I'm out.

Every cloud hey, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Looks like Lenny is going nowhere. The support are just going to have to get behind him and the team.

If they fcuk up between now and New Year, the ten is gone and he’ll be out the door anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looks like Lenny is going nowhere. The support are just going to have to get behind him and the team.

If they fcuk up between now and New Year, the ten is gone and he’ll be out the door anyway.

Yep, seems that way. Have to say I am surprised, I was convinced he'd be gone after the last result.

Anyway I'll back him and hopefully all fans will. Am kind of dreading tomorrow tbh, but even if we don't get a win/draw, I'd like to see an improvement in performance. This is now up to the players, I hope there has been some serious reflection by them in terms of recent performances and attitude.

The league can still be saved. We've a host of home games coming up, and the cup final. These games will decide whether there is anything to play for when we come up against Rangers next. Maximum points required from the league games, anything else is simply putting paid to the league at this stage.

It's all about using these next games to get the confidence back. Need to not only win, but play with confidence.

I'm not sure much has actually changed apart from it being clear that the board hadn't started the job of looking for his replacement. I'm sure they have now so unless there is an unbelievable turn around Lennon will be gone in a few weeks.

I'd imagine the anger of fans will rightly start turning towards the board now rather than Lennon.

Team for tonight, Barkas, Elhamed, Bitton, Ajer, Frimpong, McGregor, Brown, Rogic, Laxalt, Christie, Edouard.

‘Mon the fcuking Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Woww

Celtic 2-0 up, no joking it could have been 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

It's a long time till the final whistle,really hope they don't squander the great start they've had.

AC Milan pull one back from a free kick - keeper should have saved it although stupid tackle from Christie to give away the free kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Poor goalkeeping. 1-2

• Advertisement

Now 2-2 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

2-2 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Ah balls !!

3-2, waltzing through Celtic

finished 4-2, Celtic gave us a teaser at the start but then the defence done their thing

Right, that’s Europe done and dusted this season. Put it behind us and drive on.

Bring on St. Johnstone at the weekend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Barkas is a very poor keeper imo. I know he has a rubbish defence in front of him at the moment, but he has literally none of the quality of Forster. Gordon was a better keeper. Very frustrating.

Saw we were 2 up but had to go out. Was saying to myself it'll be 3 or 4 two by the time I turn back on, low and behold. Like I said before we could be 3 up in Europe and I'd not be confident of winning a game versus anyone.

Anyway didn't expect anything other than a spanking today, so not that disappointed. It's becoming the norm which is pretty sad. Think the commentators said 17 goals conceded in the 5 group games this season, compared with 4 goals after the 5 games last season. Some difference.

Let's hope we can hold it together in the upcoming league games and start to get some form back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Stewball

What was the story with Forster not signing again for this season?

Was it Celtic, Southampton or himself to blame?

Stewball wrote: »
    What was the story with Forster not signing again for this season?

Was it Celtic, Southampton or himself to blame?

Story at the time was Celtic wanted him and thought they had it agreed with Southampton & Forster but he changed his mind and wanted to see if he could win his place back at Southampton

HT Celtic 0-0 St Johnstone

Absolutely grim viewing on display at Celtic Park. Utter rubbish from Celtic

HT Celtic 0-0 St Johnstone

Absolutely grim viewing on display at Celtic Park. Utter rubbish from Celtic

Same old sh1te we’ve been seeing lately.

Nothing is going to improve while Lenny is in charge. Crazy what’s going on at the club.

Griffiths on for Brown

Earlier there was a dreadful tackle on Christie by Bryson that the ref gave a yellow, could easily have been a red

• Advertisement
Advertisement