Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Free kick at the edge of the box in a good position, Edouard hits the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Failure to win here and Lennon is 100% gone despite mid week backing. Even a 1-0 won’t save him

There you go, Celtic concede and are 1 down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

FUUUUUCK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The board can talk all they want about sticking by Lennon and surround the stadium in fencing and police but nothing will get this group of players back performing for Lennon.

Elynoussi comes on and equalises

Come on to fcuk Celtic!!!

Finished 1-1 - simply not good enough

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That's the league done now realistically. Damage is done for this season. On the upside, at least Lennon's replacement has time to prepare for next season!

Petrov on Celtic TV coming very close to saying Lennon cannot stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

It's so disappointing. A tilt at 10 in a row has been a prospect that has really been on the cards this last few years and with the opportunity there they have surely blown it and early in the season too. The board have to take responsibility and no harm to Lennon it's been obvious for a while he wasn't going to turn this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Great Celtic man. Ruining the season for his payout. Rat

https://twitter.com/STVRonnie/status/1335640338518708229?s=19

If the board had acted a few weeks ago the league was salvageable but I don't think it is now and I think this mistake will have a much bigger impact. We've said for years that the only people that could stop the 10 was Celtic and so it has proved.

They put the 10 in jeopardy the minute they took the cheap option and gave the permanent job to Lennon 2nd time around. That lack of ambition is why we are here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Now can we criticise him without being called Rangers fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

If things don't improve soon Celtic won't finish second in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

US2 wrote: »
    Great Celtic man. Ruining the season for his payout. Rat

https://twitter.com/STVRonnie/status/1335640338518708229?s=19

4 days was all your self imposed exile lasted :D

Pogue eile wrote: »
    4 days was all your self imposed exile lasted :D

Yeah, I decided not to be hounded out by an arsenal fan

I just cannot get my head around what’s happening at the club.

How have we gone backwards so fast? How has Lenny not walked (2 wins in 12 games is disgraceful and unacceptable for a Celtic manager)? What are the board at, just letting us decline and the league slipping away week after week?

Baffling and saddening.

Terrible thing to say but it looks evermore that Lenny will go down in Celtic history as the man who threw 10 in a row away.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I can only imagine he's been given until the cup final, to give him the chance to leave on a high. It's a terrible shame for it to have come to this.

Trouble is it's a huge gamble, and I can't see Celtic winning any cup final at the moment, regardless of who they play.

A huge amount of work to be done for whoever comes in to take over. A lot of money has been spent between players and loans and to not be able to comprehensively dismantle the likes of Ross County and St Johnstone at home is appalling. Barkas, Ajeti, Klimala, Duffy..... even the likes of Frimpong and Laxalt have gone so far backwards it's unreal.

• Advertisement

I just cannot get my head around what’s happening at the club.

How have we gone backwards so fast? How has Lenny not walked (2 wins in 12 games is disgraceful and unacceptable for a Celtic manager)? What are the board at, just letting us decline and the league slipping away week after week?

Baffling and saddening.

Terrible thing to say but it looks evermore that Lenny will go down in Celtic history as the man who threw 10 in a row away.

I think the main thing that has become clear from this is that the board don't share the passion of the fans for growing the club.

Year after year we miss out on qualifying because we leave it so late to make signings. The money wasted on project type signings that don't appear to have the backing of the manager in charge etc.

While Lennon may well get that label I think it's a bit unfair on him, he came in when Rodgers left and got us over the line in the league and completed the treble. But the fact the the club didn't even consider other possibilities at the time and gave him the job permanently has put us on this road. The lack of ambition from the board is astounding

US2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I decided not to be hounded out by an arsenal fan

"Hounded" indeed, you threw a hissy fit- not for the first time- and at the first opportunity to stick the knife in, just as night follows day you were back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Board backing Lennon again,He won’t be going anywhere so time to back him ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Board backing Lennon again,He won’t be going anywhere so time to back him ��

Rangers might as well put in an order for a statue of Lennon and Lawwell.

The statement if anyone wants a laugh(or cry)

I think they've badly misread the feeling amongst the support and this is going to back fire badly. At tleast they're used to an empty stadium this season because it won't be much better next season of they give this title up without a fight

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1336024233965654017?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Give Lennon last year's League cup final, hopefully send him on his way with a Trophy. But it's meaningless at this stage.

Martin O'Neill should be reviewing the squad for the 2nd half of the season.

• Advertisement

Give Lennon last year's League cup final, hopefully send him on his way with a Trophy. But it's meaningless at this stage.

Martin O'Neill should be reviewing the squad for the 2nd half of the season.

Listening to a few podcasts today and suggestion is O'Neil isn't interested and club looking at Jack Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

https://celticfanzine.com/podcasts/#

Some good craic about the Celtic fans Supporters Trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

RoryMac wrote: »
    Listening to a few podcasts today and suggestion is O'Neil isn't interested and club looking at Jack Ross

Do a swap with lennon back to hibs? Leanne is leaving so if there was any hassle between them before it wouldn't be an obstacle now.

Lennon might go for it too as clubs won't be breaking his door down to offer him a job after this. He could always go back to virgin media on a Wednesday night, you probably couldn't live off that though.

tapfit2004 wrote: »
    Do a swap with lennon back to hibs? Leanne is leaving so if there was any hassle between them before it wouldn't be an obstacle now.

Lennon might go for it too as clubs won't be breaking his door down to offer him a job after this. He could always go back to virgin media on a Wednesday night, you probably couldn't live off that though.

Lennon looks like a man that could do with a break away from football full stop, genuinely would be worried about his well being.

Lennon looks like a man that could do with a break away from football full stop, genuinely would be worried about his well being.

I don't buy the show of support from the board until the New Year, both the board & Lennon know this has run it's course. I think the board have been caught on the hop or have been knocked back in their attempts to find a replacement so they're buying time.

Its a sh1tty situation to leave Lennon in

• Advertisement

Reminds me of Steve Kean at Blackburn rovers years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Not defending Lennon but how do people see a new manager getting more out of these players?

Fans are foaming at the mouth for this 10 in a row record and they are criticizing everything on every platform in their droves including outside the club front doors.

If a new manager comes in, he's not going to get any time to embed new tactics etc, its all about results. Who are Celtic going to get that handle all the animosity thats flying around, never mind the usual goldfish bowl of Glasgow? Who's qualified enough to turn it around?

I think its hard to see results changing in such a negative environment. You can bang on about professionalism and the money they get all you like but they are people at the end of the day.

I see alot of players handing in their transfer requests in january and end of season. They'll want a clean break from this mess

Dempsey wrote: »
    Not defending Lennon but how do people see a new manager getting more out of these players?

Fans are foaming at the mouth for this 10 in a row record and they are criticizing everything on every platform in their droves including outside the club front doors.

If a new manager comes in, he's not going to get any time to embed new tactics etc, its all about results. Who are Celtic going to get that handle all the animosity thats flying around, never mind the usual goldfish bowl of Glasgow? Who's qualified enough to turn it around?

I think its hard to see results changing in such a negative environment. You can bang on about professionalism and the money they get all you like but they are people at the end of the day.

I see alot of players handing in their transfer requests in january and end of season. They'll want a clean break from this mess

When Lennon leaves it isn't a negative environment anymore. He fell out with half the team. This team is alot better than how they are playing now.

Team for this evening, Hazard, Jullien, Duffy, Laxalt, Soro, Turnbull, Elyounoussi, Frimpong, Ajer, McGregor, Klimala.

Subs: Barkas, Bain, Taylor, Brown, Griffiths, Ajeti, Rogic, Henderson, Harper, Welsh.

Hazard, Turnbull, Soro and Klimala all getting a chance. Good to see.

Hope we give a good account of ourselves. Impossible to know what to expect.

What ever became of Luca Connell. He was getting regular minutes at Championship level (probably tougher than SPL) two seasons ago and was apparently sought after. I seen him compared to Pirlo after impressing in a pre season just gone. Granted that was probably an overreaction but from an Irish perspective it's disappointing he is stalling. I thought he was a real prospect but he's getting nowhere near the squad.

Dempsey wrote: »

I definitely think a change in management can get more out of the players. I don't think a new manager can get us the title this year though, I think that ship has sailed. I think the board will look for a stop gap till the summer, Kennedy would've got it but he looks like he couldn't be arsed either so they're scrambling to find someone.

I think in hindsight what we thought was a great achievement in the summer by hanging onto players that could leave has turned out to be a mistake. I think there is a general unhappiness about the squad. I don't think any can be blamed for that, certainly not Lennon. But I definitely agree there will be an exodus of players either in Jan or the summer.

But on the pitch we look like we have no plan, almost all of the players have regressed since Lennon took over. He plays Brown & McGregor every week when it's clear it's not working. Millions have been wasted on new players that aren't good enough or getting the opportunity to show if they are.

One thing clear for me though is that a new manager no matter who he is can't make things worse than they already are, we'll probably finish the night with the worse defensive record of any team in the EL which is an absolute embarrassment when you think of the sh1te that has been in the EL over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

henke wrote: »
    What ever became of Luca Connell. He was getting regular minutes at Championship level (probably tougher than SPL) two seasons ago and was apparently sought after. I seen him compared to Pirlo after impressing in a pre season just gone. Granted that was probably an overreaction but from an Irish perspective it's disappointing he is stalling. I thought he was a real prospect but he's getting nowhere near the squad.

He was one of a few Irish recruits that season all of whom haven’t got a sniff. Lee O’Conner another one that had real potential

1-0 Julien, I've been impressed by Turnbull so far

And they equalise, what the hell was McGregor doing????

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Turnbull is a touch of class. We're a shambles defensively

2-1 McGregor makes amends from the spot. Looks like Frimpong is injured though

• Advertisement

Turnbull and Soro both impressing.

Nice finish by Timo Weah to bring it back to 2 - 2

Brilliant from Ajer and Turnball

Great goal to make it 3-2

Back in front, nice finish from Turnbull. he needs to start on Sunday

Well fcuk me. Have we stumbled upon the answer in midfield?

Turnbull should’ve been starting games as soon as he signed.

What a let off that was

Much better, finished 3-2

Good performance, Turnbull was excellent. Soro decent too

Delighted with that win, and glad Lennon took the opportunity to bring in some different options. Turnbull and Soro both looked hungry which is just what we need. Thought we might be down and out at 2-2, but nice finish from Turnbull to win the game.

Bit of passion from Lennon at the sideline also good to see.

Hopefully these changes put a rocket under some of the poor performers.

• Advertisement

Timothy Weah spoke with great respect there for Celtic was nice to see. Turnbull and Soro had good performances and I hope they start at the weekend. Good to get a win again and need to see another one now at the weekend in a game that counts.

Advertisement