Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Hopefully that wasn't an outlier now, looked decent at times. Have to keep Soro and Turnbull in the team . The same 11 the weekend if frimpong is fit. Great to see a bit of determination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Turnbull and Soro looked very good last night and can hopefully provide a bit of fresh impetus to the first 11, we also look notably more secure when Julien is playing, to be fair to Lennon he cant be blamed for the Julien and Ajer injuries which have contributed hugely to our stuttering form.

There didn't seem to be any signs of discontent or downing of tools on either the pitch or the sideline last night which is very encouraging.

Its the hope that kills you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Not just because we won but that was so much better on all fronts last night. Man of the match performance from Turnbull. Looked like Rogic at times with his passing and how good it was to finally to have someone who can consistently delivery good set pieces. Soro behind him was very good as well. Both have to start Sunday and be given the chance to establish themselves in the team IMHO. Maybe they can be the catalyst to our season in a way that Hartley and Robson were back in the twists and turns season.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭NCW feen

Birthplace of Brother Walfrid. His image features on club crest.
    https://jako.ie/collections/ballymote-celtic-fc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Todays team, Hazard, Jullien, Taylor, Duffy, Soro, Turnbull, Edouard, Elyounoussi, Frimpong, Ajer, McGregor.

Scott Brown on the bench. Credit where it’s due, Soro and Turnbull starting is what we all wanted.

‘Mon the fcuking Hoops!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great save from Kilmarnock keeper. Great delivery from Turnball and Julien flicks it goalward

Edouard should have buried that earlier chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Just reading the first half review there and sounds like normal service has resumed.

1-0 Celtic, Duffy deflection from a Moi shot.

Fantastic header from Duffy from a corner to make it 2-0

https://streamable.com/1ebe1h

The ealier goal looks more like a deflection from the Kilmarnock player therefore a goal for Elyounoussi

https://streamable.com/e7rf5e

• Advertisement

Happy with that second half. Something to build on.

Great to see a clean sheet , didn't get to watch it. Sounds like Turnbull an sorro were the answer again, then I see lennon say they won't be playing in the cup final next week as he has to be loyal to other players.

Loyalty to other players should not come into it, it should be the best team to get us the win and keep the momentum going! Surely to feck he (and the players) know this

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fantastic header from Duffy from a corner to make it 2-0

https://streamable.com/1ebe1h

The ealier goal looks more like a deflection from the Kilmarnock player therefore a goal for Elyounoussi

https://streamable.com/e7rf5e

Missed this one today, so thanks for the goal links as always! :)

Some header from Duffy for the 2nd, delighted for him and great to see how happy the other players were to see him score. He's clearly had a horror start to his time at Celtic, hopefully he's getting both fitter and more confident.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Missed this one today, so thanks for the goal links as always! :)

Some header from Duffy for the 2nd, delighted for him and great to see how happy the other players were to see him score. He's clearly had a horror start to his time at Celtic, hopefully he's getting both fitter and more confident.

Must be his new haircut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

US2 wrote: »
    Great to see a clean sheet , didn't get to watch it. Sounds like Turnbull an sorro were the answer again, then I see lennon say they won't be playing in the cup final next week as he has to be loyal to other players.

Have you a quote of him saying this, tried finding it but nothing I can see

Soups123 wrote: »
    Have you a quote of him saying this, tried finding it but nothing I can see

End of this interview

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1338175171178467328?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

What pleased me most about yesterday was how solid we were defensively. Kilmarnock had one good chance on goal in the entire 90 minutes other then that they never got a sniff. The back 4 looked solid and should remain our back 4 other then maybe Laxalt for Taylor at left back. Duffy looked much more like himself and Ajer was a deserved MOTM at right back. Soro protected the back line very well and had another excellent game. In midfield Turnbull had a decent game in the run of play but his set piece delivery was again excellent and again shows how important it is for us to have someone in the team who can actually delivery a consistently good set piece. Every time we got a corner or free kick to be put in the box I got excited yesterday as I knew we had a chance. We took a while to get going up front and I really just do not think Klimala is the answer while Edouard still looks miles off his best. But even still we really got at them in the second half and fully deserved the win. On a side note another shocker from the ref. We had a few free kicks for shots on goal and no way was the wall back 10 not a chance as well as a clear penalty for hand ball not given in the second half. Not going to get too excited yet but that was much better from Celtic yesterday. Hopefully Lennon sticks with that backline and Soro and Turnbull and we can build some momentum in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

One think that's bothering me the last few weeks is that our defense has gotten worse since Laxalt came in. He technically looks a far better player than Taylor but perhaps there may be some issues there regarding communication across the back line. Either that or it's coincidence!

• Advertisement

https://thecelticstar.com/video-the-scottish-cup-final-means-so-much-to-me-scott-brown/

Scott Brown in the media today talking about how much being part of the final this weekend means to him. Have a feeling we're being prepared for Lenny to drop Soro, Turnbull etc. and bring his favourites back into the team.

Momentum and nailing the quadruple treble down is important. A quadruple treble will almost certainly never be achieved again by any club.

Also, what sort of message would it send to players that have effectively eased the pressure on Lenny's job for him to opt for other, out of form players for a cup final. Hope he gives these lads a start on Sunday and they get to taste what it's like winning a trophy on the pitch rather than just as a squad member.

In this season of all seasons, there is no room for sentimentality at Celtic.

https://thecelticstar.com/video-the-scottish-cup-final-means-so-much-to-me-scott-brown/

Scott Brown in the media today talking about how much being part of the final this weekend means to him. Have a feeling we're being prepared for Lenny to drop Soro, Turnbull etc. and bring his favourites back into the team.

Momentum and nailing the quadruple treble down is important. A quadruple treble will almost certainly never be achieved again by any club.

Also, what sort of message would it send to players that have effectively eased the pressure on Lenny's job for him to opt for other, out of form players for a cup final. Hope he gives these lads a start on Sunday and they get to taste what it's like winning a trophy on the pitch rather than just as a squad member.

In this season of all seasons, there is no room for sentimentality at Celtic.

No question for me Soro Turnbull and Hazard in goal should all start on Sunday. Personally I would go with Griffiths up top as well as even this past weekend Edouard still looked well off his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Surprised Lennon hasn’t been sacked and a team of Boards experts brought in to win the next 20 titles. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Surprised Lennon hasn’t been sacked and a team of Boards experts brought in to win the next 20 titles. :rolleyes:

Do you still have faith in Lennon and think he is getting the best from the players?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Do you still have faith in Lennon and think he is getting the best from the players?

I'll back Lennon as long as he is manager of Celtic FC. I still believe he can get us 10.

Time to set the marker in history at Hampden, looking forward to this weekend

Saturday - Dublin v Mayo All Ireland Final
    Sunday - Celtic v Hearts Cup Final for the Quadruple Treble!
    Sunday - Man Utd v Leeds after the CF

:)

St Mirren beat the blues last night suprising. Hopefully they're starteing to stutter now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

St Mirren beat the blues last night suprising. Hopefully they're starteing to stutter now

If they manage to feck it up again after the mess we've made of our start of our season I might actually die laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Yeah in fairness as bad as Celtic have been Rangers have been a serious run of form. Hopefully the saying form is temporary rings true and this is the start of Rangers stuttering a bit. Just need to see them start dropping points in the league.

henke wrote: »
    Yeah in fairness as bad as Celtic have been Rangers have been a serious run of form. Hopefully the saying form is temporary rings true and this is the start of Rangers stuttering a bit. Just need to see them start dropping points in the league.

They struggled against Dundee at the weekend and should have been down to 10 men from early second half. Fatigue will start to kick in, Gerrard has used the same core players since the league started. Winning well on Sunday could really kick start our season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

They struggled against Dundee at the weekend and should have been down to 10 men from early second half. Fatigue will start to kick in, Gerrard has used the same core players since the league started. Winning well on Sunday could really kick start our season.

Yeah they will do well to sustain their current league form throughout the season but we can only worry about ourselves and get the results and see where it takes us.

https://youtu.be/J6VU2eFB3IY

Very worthy cause.

Nice of Rangers to start the collapse just as we're hitting form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

Nice of Rangers to start the collapse just as we're hitting form.

Don't jinx it!! I'm Watching it. They will win this. Motherwell hanging on

Don't jinx it!! I'm Watching it. They will win this. Motherwell hanging on

Aye they probably will, but even so their defence is looking a lot shakier than it did a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

They got 2 absolute dog **** goals. They played **** but are winning still

They got 2 absolute dog **** goals. They played **** but are winning still

Fcuk them.

Happy Quadruple Treble Day lads. What a club!!

Let young Turnbull at them Lenny.

Team today, Hazard, Ajer, Duffy, Julien, Taylor, Brown, Mcgregor, Turnbull, Frimpong, Moi, Edouard.

‘Mon the fcuking Hoops!

• Advertisement

Team today, Hazard, Ajer, Duffy, Julien, Taylor, Brown, Mcgregor, Turnbull, Frimpong, Moi, Edouard.

‘Mon the fcuking Hoops!

Disappointed to see Brown back in after Soro's recent performance but glad to see Hazard and Turnbull keep their places.

A comfortable win here could go a long way to getting our season back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Disappointed to see Brown back in after Soro's recent performance but glad to see Hazard and Turnbull keep their places.

A comfortable win here could go a long way to getting our season back on track.

Is it just me or is premier audio out of synch with video?
    I've moved to BBC Scotland 🙂

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Is it just me or is premier audio out of synch with video?
    I've moved to BBC Scotland 🙂

Seems ok here.

Beaton clearly going to let Hearts away with plenty of agricultural challenges today.

What a goal from Christie. Really stunning goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

PauloMN wrote: »
    What a goal from Christie. Really stunning goal.

It was a great finish from Christie.

2 nil now, Édouard from the spot

RoryMac wrote: »
    It was a great finish from Christie.

2 nil now, Édouard from the spot

Gordon pretty unimpressed lol!

Very professional from Celtic in the first half, I can see Halliday getting another card

2-1, just sloppy defending from Celtic. Need to score again and put this one to bed.

An utter shambles at the back in the second half.

• Advertisement
Advertisement