Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Jesus it gets worse!! "Everybody is negative, the whole squad is negative.....apart from 2 players"

https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1351164222978338826?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

RoryMac wrote: »
    Jesus it gets worse!! "Everybody is negative, the whole squad is negative.....apart from 2 players"

https://twitter.com/PLZSoccer/status/1351164222978338826?s=19

Putting everything else aside, that interview alone should be enough to make the powers that be at the club consider Lenny's position.

Tone-deaf and totally mis-reading the felling this sh!t-show has stirred (not only from the media but from the club's own fans).

It has the feel of the death-throes of a manager's tenure.

https://twitter.com/Shuttsapalooza/status/1351169787959930881

Putting everything else aside, that interview alone should be enough to make the powers that be at the club consider Lenny's position.

Tone-deaf and totally mis-reading the felling this sh!t-show has stirred (not only from the media but from the club's own fans).

It has the feel of the death-throes of a manager's tenure.

https://twitter.com/Shuttsapalooza/status/1351169787959930881

The club should be looking to remove him from the firing line for his own good if nothing else, some of his further comments about it being a political rather than public health decision would make me worry about his mental health at the minute.

https://twitter.com/GrandAuldPod/status/1351177341393895428

Is Lenny committing Hari-kari here to save Lawwell's @rse. Personally believe they both equally need removed in my opinion.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18889024.neil-lennon-blasts-shambles-international-football-turnbull-latest-celtic-star-test-positive-covid-19/

This is a guy who rightly raged against International Football going ahead during the pandemic but is affronted by his own decision to travel to Dubai being questioned in the aftermath of his available squad of players being decimated because of the trip!!

Sadly the club is looking more and more like amateur hour as we go along.

Apology withdrawn, my worry is that Lennon & the board think if they play the conspiracy card they'll be able to ride out this storm till the end of the season and possibly into next season!

The only thing that has saved their jobs is the restrictions on fans in the ground and lately the lockdown in Glasgow

https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/1351186297839353858?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Lennon is bringing the club into the gutter. How can anyone associated with the club be happy with his press conference today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

He really said that it's remarkable that only 2 players tested positive. 13 players missed two games.

US2 wrote: »
    He really said that it's remarkable that only 2 players tested positive. 13 players missed two games.

And there's a bloodlust from the media and fans to see him lose his job only a month after we won a treble!

Jesus that's some take on the season so far when he has overseen a 30+ swing in points over the course of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Wow. For once, I don’t know what to say! Worrying times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Celtic need to give Lennon the boot and give the job to someone who isn't as delusional, paranoid, irresponsible and in denial, someone who won't shift the blame as much as he does. Someone who hasn't lost all trust and the plot completely, someone who won't abuse a privileged position of power for their own ends like he does. Unfortunately, I hear Donald doesn't particularly like football.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

The club should be looking to remove him from the firing line for his own good if nothing else, some of his further comments about it being a political rather than public health decision would make me worry about his mental health at the minute.

Agreed. It really - sadly - looks like someone who is struggling with mental health at the minute.

Actually I thought he's been struggling for a while and it looks to me at least part of the reason for our poor form. Even the body language early season, it looked like he didn't really care, and it seemed to filter down through the team. I feel for him as it's no secret he's been through a lot, and the treatment he has gotten from some quarters - both as a player and a manager - has been disgraceful.

But honestly I think the best thing for him as well as the club is for him to step down or be removed from the position.

Team for tonight;
    Barkas, Taylor, Duffy, Bitton, Griffiths, Soro, Turnbull, Christie, Elyounoussi, Ajer, McGregor

Subs: Bain, Brown, Ajeti, Klimala, Rogic, Johnston, Frimpong, Welsh, Laxalt

No Eddy.

Did I just hear correctly? Lenny has never won a game at Livingston as a manager? *gulp*

Is Eduoard’s absence a sign he may be getting sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Did I just hear correctly? Lenny has never won a game at Livingston as a manager? *gulp*

Is Eduoard’s absence a sign he may be getting sold?

Doubt we will get anywhere near what we would have expected to command this time last year, his attitute is highly questionable apart from anything else.

• Advertisement

He has also never been beaten at Livingston!

Embarrassing defending there again, a free header 1-0 to Livi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Nearly a 2nd for Livi.

Embarrassing defending there again, a free header 1-0 to Livi

I couldnt give a fcuk if he is a life long fan and a good guy and all this crap I keep hearing, Shane Duffy is the worst player to play for Celtic in recent memory an absolute donkey, and a donkey getting 25K a week :mad::mad:

Horrible, horrible, horrible deja vu.

Mon lads. Get the fcuking finger out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Duffy and Bitton doing there best to fcuk things up again. Joke team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

So what was the actual point of Dubai. Should be in top gear after the work they got done on that trip. It's sad that a defeat tonight would no longer be a surprise.

henke wrote: »
    So what was the actual point of Dubai. Should be in top gear after the work they got done on that trip. It's sad that a defeat tonight would no longer be a surprise.

Not just a defeat would no longer be a surprise, a win would be astonishing.

Lennon's time was up months ago. How long will the board persist with him? It's clear the players are simply not responding to whatever he's trying to get them to do.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I couldnt give a fcuk if he is a life long fan and a good guy and all this crap I keep hearing, Shane Duffy is the worst player to play for Celtic in recent memory an absolute donkey, and a donkey getting 25K a week :mad::mad:

I think it's more like 40K a week! I know we signed him to be a threat in the box but didn't expect it to be in our own box

I think it's more like 40K a week! I know we signed him to be a threat in the box but didn't expect it to be in our own box

Jaysus dont be upsetting me more!

Moi makes it 1-1 with a lovely goal.

Great finish from Moi. Fcuk it, show some heart lads and go on to win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

That's a super goal.

Brilliant goal.

And Duffy trys to out do him with an own goal :rolleyes:

Taylor needs to keep putting pressure on their right back, he's pretty poor.

• Advertisement

Yeeees.

Great stuff from Callum McGregor.

Ajer by far the best player on the pitch.

Bitton lol, looked offside, thank god for no VAR.

Bitton makes it 2!! slightly off, no VAR in Scotland

Yeeees.

Great stuff from Callum McGregor.

Ajer by far the best player on the pitch.

That was a great pass from McGregor and nice finish by Bitton even if he was offside

2-2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

2-2. Who gives a **** anymore

Will Griffiths ever regain his fitness? He looks way off the pace here

Has anyone ever seen Barkas make a save? Not exaggerating but i haven't

• Advertisement

This is a game for Ajeti now with Livi sitting in so deep the way that they are.

Swap him in for Moi or Christie.

Has anyone ever seen Barkas make a save? Not exaggerating but i haven't

I don't think he has made a save of note since he signed. I couldn't honestly see the difference in quality between him and Bain. Hazard with experience will potentially be better than both of them.

We need a goal.... Let's bring on Brown

Brown and Frimpong??

I don’t get it. Ajer must be injured.

Holy ****.

Did Brown practice that poolside in Dubai?

• Advertisement

This whole season summed up by Brown's 5 minutes tonight. We are a complete embarrasment at the moment.

Did Brown practice that poolside in Dubai?

Good man, how long have you been waiting to use that one :rolleyes:

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Good man, how long have you been waiting to use that one :rolleyes:

Not long

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but I'd be happy with a point against this reserve Livi team.

That's how bad we are right now.

Insane implosion of a football club. The fans have been seeing it for months and nothing done.

Get the manager, coaching staff and Lawwell out to ****. NOW!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement