Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

What a goal by Eddy. Good to see Ajeti and Klimala getting a chance now.

It was a great goal, watching live I thought he had got lucky with a poor touch but the replay showed a great bit of skill to beat the defender and create space for the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭caddy16

Lucky to have 2 excellent right backs, need more competition now in the other defensive positions.

caddy16 wrote: »
    Lucky to have 2 excellent right backs, need more competition now in the other defensive positions.

I'm surprised Elhamed hasn't been tried out at right side of a back 3, he seems more suited to that than an attacking full back and think that's where he played with his old team.

Need a LB & central defender in although Bitton isn't bad cover to have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Duffy and his agent were at the match last night. Looks imminent now. Great signing, in my opinion one of the most solid defenders in the PL over the last few years.

Looks like Rogic is on the way out. Super player but injuries & international duty over the last couple of years have curtailed his influence.

Possibly Turnbull brought in now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Looks like Rogic is on the way out. Super player but injuries & international duty over the last couple of years have curtailed his influence.

Possibly Turnbull brought in now?

Away to Qatar for £4m apparently.

Great player for us over the years, derby game goals, cup final winners and some overall unbelievable contributions. Seems to have been playing part-time recently though and is not an integral part of the team. Would wish him all the very best.

David Turnbull would be an excellent signing. Given the difficulty in scouting players in the current environment, he’s proven quality in the league and one that we’ve looked at before. His injury problems seem to be behind him also.

Hopefully Ntcham is now staying. Classy player I’d hate to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Will be gutted to see Rogic leave. On his day the best attacking midfielder in the league and an absolute joy to watch. Gave us so many great memories and goals and of course most of all that invincible treble winning goal. I would guess his departure is a combination of his injury issues and how the virus has hit the finances.

Good to see Jullien put in a big performance last night. Great attitude from the player in reaction to his poor performance last time out, just what you want to see. As easy a win as you can get these days pretty much but nice to see us rattle the net and create plenty of chances against a team sitting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Rogic on his day was one of the best and scored some stunning goals and some really important stunning goals!

Favourite memory for me was watching the Scottish Cup final against Aberdeen a few years ago in the Dubliner pub in Salou and the place went ballistic when he scored in added time to win the treble... beautiful

https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1296086484538331137

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

United doing well to keep the pressure on and frustrate us. Probably not going to keep it up in the 2nd half, think we'll get a goal or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Ajeti makes is 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Ajeti gets off the mark. Scrappy enough but they all count and crucial they hold on for the points here.

Poor performance but Ajeti saves the day.

Although we won, that was quite poor. I thought Lennon made an ar*e of that selection, we seem laboured every time Ntcham and Brown play and Lennon takes off Ntcham when he was the better player. We should have started with two strikers

Although we won, that was quite poor. I thought Lennon made an ar*e of that selection, we seem laboured every time Ntcham and Brown play and Lennon takes off Ntcham when he was the better player. We should have started with two strikers

Yeah Ntcham and Brown shouldn't be in the same side, they're too similar in how they play. Tough decision for Lennon to make there

Was disappointed with Elyounoussi again, didn't add anything to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Duffy deal looks close.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

0-IMG-0646-JPEG.jpg

TheCitizen wrote: »
    0-IMG-0646-JPEG.jpg

Jaysus, that's desperate stuff from Rod.

Would love Duffy at Celtic. He's exactly what we need. A no-nonsense defender that'll run through walls for the team. Would be a big threat from set-pieces too.

Throw into the bargain the fact that it would annoy the hell out of the EPL fanboys amongst the Ireland support. Some of them seem disappointed that a player such as Duffy would choose winning trophies, European competition and the chance to write his name into the history books of the club he supported as a child over a relegation battle in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Jaysus, that's desperate stuff from Rod.

Would love Duffy at Celtic. He's exactly what we need. A no-nonsense defender that'll run through walls for the team. Would be a big threat from set-pieces too.

Throw into the bargain the fact that it would annoy the hell out of the EPL fanboys amongst the Ireland support. Some of them seem disappointed that a player such as Duffy would choose winning trophies, European competition and the chance to write his name into the history books of the club he supported as a child over a relegation battle in England.

It’s a bit of fun. I think it’s happening

• Advertisement

Hopefully get the deal done for Turnbull this time. Tidy footballer and only 21 aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Hopefully get the deal done for Turnbull this time. Tidy footballer and only 21 aswell.

Looks like Turnbull, Hickey and Duffy incoming. Hopefully.

That would be great business for us

RoryMac wrote: »

Would be a very decent window with Ajeti, Barkas and Elyounoussi + those 3.

Could possibly turn out to be the best window we've had in a very long time.

The Duffy deal seems to be dragging on a little bit but I suppose these things take time.

The potential in Turnbull and Hickey is phenomenal.

Could possibly turn out to be the best window we've had in a very long time.

The Duffy deal seems to be dragging on a little bit but I suppose these things take time.

The potential in Turnbull and Hickey is phenomenal.

I wonder if the Ajer situation plays in on Duffy signing or not . If he is still on the bench tonight then I suspect he may very well be sold soon.

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    I wonder if the Ajer situation plays in on Duffy signing or not . If he is still on the bench tonight then I suspect he may very well be sold soon.

You could be right. Can see Ajer being sold to be honest. However, if he were to go, I think we'll need more than just Duffy in.

Although El Hamed can also slot in I think (hope) Duffy coming in and keeping Ajer would be preferred.

As it goes, I hope the Duffy deal isn't stalling. Hickey appears to not be of interest to Lenny after all also. Thankfully the Turnbull signing is looking nailed on this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Any word on the Messi deal? I presume it's just wages that's the hold up...

Any word on the Messi deal? I presume it's just wages that's the hold up...

I'm expecting him to be unveiled at HT tonight under the disco lights

Not liking the team for tonight, no Edouard and Christie up front! :(

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1298674072285569024

Not liking the team for tonight, no Edouard and Christie up front! :(

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1298674072285569024

Surely you've got to throw Ajeti in there? Not liking the balance of that team, need a big game from Ntcham

• Advertisement

Surely you've got to throw Ajeti in there? Not liking the balance of that team, need a big game from Ntcham
    Worried myself now. Thought Kilmala might start at least given he's had a full preseason.

Worried myself now. Thought Kilmala might start at least given he's had a full preseason.

You've got to show faith in strikers, they thrive on confidence. Don't have a good feeling about this but hopefully Lennon has it!

You've got to show faith in strikers, they thrive on confidence. Don't have a good feeling about this but hopefully Lennon has it!

Should still have enough to win tonight but that is weird selection from Lenny. No recognised strikers starting. Bizarre.

Jaysus.

Every year the same sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Eddie's off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any idea who the Irish fella co-commentating is on Premier Sports?

another diaster selection from Lennon. This is a single leg tie and we don't have a recognised striker on the pitch FFS

siblers wrote: »
    Any idea who the Irish fella co-commentating is on Premier Sports?

Darren O'Dea, he coaches the Celtic U18 team I think

another diaster selection from Lennon. This is a single leg tie and we don't have a recognised striker on the pitch FFS

I think he over thinks these games, always changes things around rather than putting his strongest team out

• Advertisement

I think he over thinks these games, always changes things around rather than putting his strongest team out

He’s got a massive 45 minutes coming up...

That was absolutely awful, team completely disjointed.

Got to get a striker on now but to be honest I see us getting done here, when we push forward they'll get another

Nail on the head there. Opposition manager must be delighted, pretty easy to defend against. Needs to change at HT.

Still fancy us to edge this but this kind of job is a lot harder without fans in the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

1-1 Christie. Massive deflection but who cares

Really well worked goal, patient and great finish

Surprise surprise

What a disappointment that was, very much down to Lennon and his selection... again :rolleyes:

Well that is some kick in the boll0x.

• Advertisement

That was an absolute embarrassment, no excuses for losing to a team as poor as them. Lennon can be an idiot sometimes as shown tonight and last week with his team selections. So sick of us f*cking up CL qualification every year

Advertisement