Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Brewster wrote: »
    I think one of the things, as other posters have said, is that over last decade you need to look at Celtic’s success in Europe. They haven’t been good. I remember making the point years ago that Celtic and Rangers need each other in order to compete successfully in Europe. I was of course laughed out of here, nevertheless I was 100% correct and Celtic have proven my point for me. It’s impossible to play inferior opposition week in week out and expect to suddenly raise your game dramatically for European games. Now that Rangers are back and are likely to win the title, it has taken a decade for them to get to this point, I bet you will start to see a different approach from the Celtic board again. It’s the nature of things. Simple as.

S02E06-wYQfhwLI-subtitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

[HTML][/HTML]
    Pogue eile wrote: »
    Maybe you might find the Rangers thread more to your liking, you know the thread of the team you actually support and mysteriously stopped posting on 8 years ago :D:D

There is no mystery, I became a father, priorities changed pretty dramatically. You know nothing about me. I’ll be the first to congratulate the Rangers lads on their forum if and when the time comes. This forum is for discussing matters related to Celtic and the replacement of their CEO was under discussion today. Can you not address the points I am making? If you think I’m wrong, so be it. This is what mature debate is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

[HTML][/HTML]

There is no mystery, I became a father, priorities changed pretty dramatically. You know nothing about me. I’ll be the first to congratulate the Rangers lads on their forum if and when the time comes. This forum is for discussing matters related to Celtic and the replacement of their CEO was under discussion today. Can you not address the points I am making? If you think I’m wrong, so be it. This is what mature debate is.

The youngster didn't mind you posting shi*e about egg chasing during those 8 years though no?

If there is one thing worse than a bad troll it is a compulsive liar and sh*t stirrer...............oh look a big shiny IGNORE button.

Rangers. Rangers rangers rangers rangers. Rangers, rangers. Rangers rangers, rangers? Rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

[PHP][/PHP]
    Pogue eile wrote: »
    The youngster didn't mind you posting shi*e about egg chasing during those 8 years though no?

If there is one thing worse than a bad troll it is a compulsive liar and sh*t stirrer...............oh look a big shiny IGNORE button.

I’m sorry, I have never hidden my interest in rugby union and that’s how I actually met Dominic McKay previously. Everything isn’t all black and white.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

David, I am not responsible for what people write. I don’t know you, you don’t know me. It’s really all very childish.
    DM_7 wrote: »
    Mod: You are responsible for your own posts, both recent or in the past. Please do not offer comments like above.

Please remember that, while the thread is open to non-Celtic fans, all should respect the thread subject, respect the supporters. You are posting on a thread where the majority of people who read the thread support the team. If posters choose to post something inflammatory or make negative comments about the club or posters they will be held accountable as per the charter.

Good news for Celtic I believe. I have met Dominic before, he came across as a very humble guy. He has a big task ahead of him. Very hard to judge Peter’s legacy to be honest. Scottish football has been a bit of joke over the last decade, so hard to fully appraise his achievements, but on balance I think he did a good job for Celtic.
    I think one of the things, as other posters have said, is that over last decade you need to look at Celtic’s success in Europe. They haven’t been good. I remember making the point years ago that Celtic and Rangers need each other in order to compete successfully in Europe. I was of course laughed out of here, nevertheless I was 100% correct and Celtic have proven my point for me. It’s impossible to play inferior opposition week in week out and expect to suddenly raise your game dramatically for European games. Now that Rangers are back and are likely to win the title, it has taken a decade for them to get to this point, I bet you will start to see a different approach from the Celtic board again. It’s the nature of things. Simple as.
    And don’t forget the bitterness that Celtic fans on this forum have displayed towards Peter. The comments are there for all to see, many of which were unfair in my view.

Mod: Brewster please do not post on this thread again

Edit: posters are reminded not to comment on mod actions.

EDIT: thread ban has since expired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No change with Celtic, comedy defending leaking two goals in the first 35 minutes. Nice goal from Edouard to make it 1-1

Celtic 1- 2 St Mirren

Sore one for Bitton, twists his ankle when clearing the ball

HT 1-2

Barkas not playing, who's going under the bus today?

• Advertisement

Welsh on for Bitton and Rogic on for Griffiths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

https://twitter.com/90MinuteCynic/status/1355541908068720640?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Wow.

Beaten again and no surprise. St Mirren haven't beaten us at home since the 90's apparently.

This is the worst I remember a Celtic team being and the frustrating thing is we have a decent squad by the league's standards anyway.

Any other Celtic manager would've been gone months ago but I guess the board are going to stick with whatever deluded plan they have until the summer.

This is worse than the Barnes and Mobray tenure

This is worse than the Barnes and Mobray tenure

Far worse when you consider how strong we were when Lennon took over. I've never seen a football team go downhill as fast and as badly as we have this season

• Advertisement

Seems like it's all the players now, not the managers faulty, definitely not!

https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1355569310874427400?s=19

and the fans have been let down by Lennon (which is such a shame as it does not need to end this way)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Is lennon staying to watch them win the title at Celtic Park, which is looking very likely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just from an outsider looking in, I'd be slightly concerned about Lennon's mental health. He has a history with struggling at times with it, and for his own good I really think the powers that be at Celtic should be stepping in.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Just from an outsider looking in, I'd be slightly concerned about Lennon's mental health. He has a history with struggling at times with it, and for his own good I really think the powers that be at Celtic should be stepping in.

Yeah it is a worry how he is coping with this away from the spotlight. I thought the same about the board having to step in for his own good but his position was untenable months ago and they went down this route.

I wonder did they think it was better for him to stay in place believing that things would pick up a little after Christmas. But with the Dubai trip and aftermath things have spiraled downwards and put him under more stress. It's not good for him to be left in this position any longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭polarbearhead

We're lucky that Hibs or Aberdeen haven't really been at it. We might still struggle to get second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

And the worst of it is on Monday morning it is likely Lennon will still be in the job. For Neil's sake, for the supporters being positive about the future sake, the board at Celtic need to be proactive and make the decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Do managers ever resign anymore? Are they all just money hungry & self absorbed? Honestly, the last manager I remember resigning was Kevin Keegan. Twice. Once with Newcastle and then with England where he undoubtedly gave up a substantial payout from the FA if he waited to be sacked.

My point is Lennon should resign, instead of waiting for the bullet and a payout. The club is damaged, the fans are done and his own mental health is undoubtedly damaged.

But like I said it just seems acceptable in football management to sit like a lame duck waiting for the inevitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Nunu wrote: »
    Do managers ever resign anymore? Are they all just money hungry & self absorbed? Honestly, the last manager I remember resigning was Kevin Keegan. Twice. Once with Newcastle and then with England where he undoubtedly gave up a substantial payout from the FA if he waited to be sacked.

My point is Lennon should resign, instead of waiting for the bullet and a payout. The club is damaged, the fans are done and his own mental health is undoubtedly damaged.

But like I said it just seems acceptable in football management to sit like a lame duck waiting for the inevitable.

He has a contract. Who knows if he’ll get another job in football management. Would you walk away from thousands of pounds??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

He has a contract. Who knows if he’ll get another job in football management. Would you walk away from thousands of pounds??

How long has he left on his contract?

TBH I can't really be bothered watching Celtic anymore, not while he's in charge. Clearly something is seriously wrong, and it's not going to change while he is in charge.

PauloMN wrote: »

TBH I can't really be bothered watching Celtic anymore, not while he's in charge. Clearly something is seriously wrong, and it's not going to change while he is in charge.

12 month rolling contract.

PauloMN wrote: »

One year rolling as far as I can remember. Would you walk away from a years wages, if you’d no guarantee of another job? It’s up to the board to pay the contract they agreed with him. Unless they have someone lined up for the summer and are letting Lennon see out the season.

If they have someone lined up for the summer they should get rid of Lennon, Kennedy & Strachan now and put McManus in place for the rest of the season. Continuing with this is causing more damage every day

Looks like Ben Davies is going to Liverpool instead of us and talk that JonJoe Kenny is signing on loan untill the end of the season

Looks like Ntcham is off to Marseille on loan today with a £4.5m option to buy in the summer.

He's deadwood for us under Lenny but is certainly a talent.

Weren't Porto in for his a while back with a bid of £12m or £13m? Seems like yet another fcuk up.

• Advertisement

Looks like Ntcham is off to Marseille on loan today with a £4.5m option to buy in the summer.

He's deadwood for us under Lenny but is certainly a talent.

Weren't Porto in for his a while back with a bid of £12m or £13m? Seems like yet another fcuk up.

I don't know if Ntcham has the attitude required to be a better player he generally looked disinterested apart from a handful of games. Certainly has the talent though.

Yeah Porto offered £13m a couple of years ago which we should snapped up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

You'd have to worry about his decision making to join us at the minute

RoryMac wrote: »
    You'd have to worry about his decision making to join us at the minute

Yeah, Everton ressies or one of the biggest clubs in the world. Zzzzzzz. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

US2 wrote: »

Haha safe to say Villas Boas is not a fan!!

Wonder if he'd be interested in coming in the opposite direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Doesn't fit the profile of the players AVB wanted. He is very particular about signing players with the right attitude

duffman13 wrote: »
    Doesn't fit the profile of the players AVB wanted. He is very particular about signing players with the right attitude

Sounds like Peter Lawwell's worst nightmare

US2 wrote: »

Hahahaha. The sh!tshow seems to be contagious.

• Advertisement

Seems ironic that we can get rid of another teams manager but not our own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

RoryMac wrote: »
    Sounds like Peter Lawwell's worst nightmare

Over qualified so:)

Kenny starting tonight.

Kiss of death, I know, but we’ve started this one well.

I know but then the best chance so far fell to Kilmarnock

Yea! Get in.

• Advertisement

Good half. A couple of the usual nervy moments, but we expect that this season.

I think he enjoyed that one. Enjoying a lot of possession but lacking a bit of imagination up front

And that should be that.

Edouard pen makes it 0-2

Good work from Ajeti to nip in front of the keeper for the peno

https://twitter.com/celtic_goals/status/1356708270837288969

• Advertisement
Advertisement