Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Burke nearly scores for Kilmarnock, ball was not fully over the line

Walker in commentary still going on about how 'inconclusive' it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Good finish from Edouard. Look like he might be slightly offside.

Power is some dirty player. Every game against them he spends his time trying to injure our players.

A very good goal from Ajeti.

Great goal from Ajeti

Fair play to him. The injury he picked up derailed his season. By the time he came back we were absolute dogsh1t.

Turnbull, Brown, Ajer and Edouard were excellent tonight.

Welsh, Taylor and Kenny all had good, solid games too. The goalkeeping issue is lingering on though. Panic every time a ball is in our box.

That was good but very frustrating how they threw it away over the last 2-3 months

Sky are a fcuking disgrace. How is that biased cnut Boyd allowed to do the punditry on our games? He doesn’t try to hide his hatred for Celtic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Missed the 2nd half but looking at the goals seemed to be some good finishes.

Hopefully we can put together a decent bit of form. The goal for Ajeti will hopefully give him a bit of confidence

• Advertisement

Sky are a fcuking disgrace. How is that biased cnut Boyd allowed to do the punditry on our games? He doesn’t try to hide his hatred for Celtic at all.

I turned that off at the final whistle to put on the Man United game

I turned that off at the final whistle to put on the Man United game

Effectively called Brown a thug and should have been red carded. Said the penalty shouldn’t have stood and Eddy was miles offside for his second.

At least McFadden talks sense.

Your man isn’t hiding his allegiances whatsoever. Not that he should have to but Sky giving him our games is a joke.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I just turn it off at HT and FT. Walker is hard enough to listen to during the commentary.

As for Boyd, he might as well enjoy it while it lasts, he's spent the last decade crying into his cereal when watching Celtic. :)

Good performance tonight, delighted Ajeti scored and Edouard looked interested also. Hope it's a turning point. Just prepare for next season is my attitude now. Play the players who deserve a spot and get rid of those who don't.

My big worry is the summer, Ajer, Christie, Edouard prob all gone, and the goalkeeper issue is unavoidable. Bain was poor tonight under pressure from corners, it was clear Killie had pinpointed him as a weakness and they nearly scored a couple of times. We simply must strengthen there as well as at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭eire4

PauloMN wrote: »
    I just turn it off at HT and FT. Walker is hard enough to listen to during the commentary.

As for Boyd, he might as well enjoy it while it lasts, he's spent the last decade crying into his cereal when watching Celtic. :)

Good performance tonight, delighted Ajeti scored and Edouard looked interested also. Hope it's a turning point. Just prepare for next season is my attitude now. Play the players who deserve a spot and get rid of those who don't.

My big worry is the summer, Ajer, Christie, Edouard prob all gone, and the goalkeeper issue is unavoidable. Bain was poor tonight under pressure from corners, it was clear Killie had pinpointed him as a weakness and they nearly scored a couple of times. We simply must strengthen there as well as at the back.

Christie and Edouard have only shown up in patches this season they are already gone and all that matters is hopefully we get decent fees for them. There will be for sure a massive clear out on the playing front this summer. Ajer will probably leave as well but I hope not as he has been one of the few shinning lights this season. No matter what he has battled and put his all into every game and his leadership and overall performance level has been very good. To my mind I would be targeting Ajer and McGregor to become captain and vice captain and the 2 leaders we build a new team around during the summer.

Meanwhile the SFA are scraping the barrel with this one. Hopefully Celtic tell them to GTF

https://twitter.com/CelticSoccrShow/status/1357373675905941504

https://twitter.com/bigpete1974/status/1357420753210195975

Team today, Bain, Taylor, Brown, Ajeti, Turnbull, Kenny, Rogic, Edouard, Ajer, McGregor, Welsh.

Subs: Barkas, Duffy, Griffiths, Klimala, Soro, Johnston, Elyounoussi, Henderson, Laxalt.

Soro should be starting. At least use the next few months to start building something. Glad to see Welsh start again. Not least to keep Duffy out of the firing line.

Great header from Welsh from a Turnball corner to make it 1-0

That was so close from Edouard, nearly 2

Welsh goal

https://twitter.com/celtic_goals/status/1358069302860148737

Dominant apart from the last couple of minutes of the half. Good showing by Rogic.

Turbull’s deliveries are such a huge improvement on Christie.

• Advertisement

What a great team goal and finish from Eddy.

2-1, looked like a deflection

Need a third now. Big time.

Motherwell nearly equalise

Why take Turnbull off? Baffling.

• Advertisement

Hanging on here with Laxalt clearing off the in the last second of the game

Welsh was superb today. Hope the lad can nail down a place and become a serious player for us.

Taking off Turnbull (our most creative player) when there was only a goal in it was ridiculous.

Just hasn't been our year but don't worry Lennon is hopeful that can change within the next 4 years

https://twitter.com/HereCelts/status/1358349853525483523?s=19

Hanging on here with Laxalt clearing off the in the last second of the game

It was crazy how close we came to drawing that game given how well we played for most of it especially the first hour or so. But we did get the win and overall a good performance so hopefully we can continue in that vein. As bad as this season has been we still have the cup and if we could win that we would be the first team to win it 5 years in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

And I know there is no silverware at stake and you get nothing for it but they should do there level best at stopping Rangers doing an invincible league campaign. They will have 10 league matches left and will fancy it so to derail that would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

henke wrote: »
    And I know there is no silverware at stake and you get nothing for it but they should do there level best at stopping Rangers doing an invincible league campaign. They will have 10 league matches left and will fancy it so to derail that would be nice.

Looking like they will officially win the title at celtic Park next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

US2 wrote: »
    Looking like they will officially win the title at celtic Park next month

Got tonights Euromillions numbers??

Got tonights Euromillions numbers??

Hardly mystic meg am I. If they win their next 6 games it happens ?

US2 wrote: »
    Hardly mystic meg am I. If they win their next 6 games it happens ?

Fair enough, got the scores they win their next 6 games by? And how much they beat us by? May as well make some money out of it. I presume you had them down for a 1-1 at the weekend?

Fair enough, got the scores they win their next 6 games by? And how much they beat us by? May as well make some money out of it. I presume you had them down for a 1-1 at the weekend?

Whats your problem ? I said it "looks likely" to happen,and "if they win". fcuk off

The way this season has gone for us it's almost certain to happen

RoryMac wrote: »
    The way this season has gone for us it's almost certain to happen

I can't see it happening. I can see them dropping more points in the next 6 games. Aren't Morelos and Roofe banned for a few games now?

I can't see it happening. I can see them dropping more points in the next 6 games. Aren't Morelos and Roofe banned for a few games now?

And we won't drop points?

Roofe is being appealed I think.

I agree, they'll drop points. Sadly, I expect we will too.

And we won't drop points?

No, I think we'll finish strongly. If only for the reason that there's a transfer window for certain players to put themselves in the frame for.

• Advertisement

No, I think we'll finish strongly. If only for the reason that there's a transfer window for certain players to put themselves in the frame for.

I hope you're right but can't see past us stuttering to the end of the season

Instead of the red cards they should have been given for in the games. As bad as we have been this season there are 4 tough away games against Aberdeen, Hibernian, Dundee United and recently St Johnstone that they should have had a red card and played most of the games with 10 men. Instead they got away with it due to more "honest mistakes" and picked up 12 points and the players were given retrospective bans. Again I am not saying this would have changed the outcome but facts are if they played most of those 4 games with 10 men they at most pick up 2-3 points instead they got 12 thats a 9-10 point swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I couldn't care less where they win it, the season is done anyway and it's a total failure. Head's should have rolled long ago over this but they haven't.

All our efforts should be concentrating finding the right manager for next season and beyond.

In addition to securing 2nd place, we should be using the remaining games to promote the many players that want away from this sh*t show in the Summer.

We're starting from scratch next season and we may as well do it on the best financial footing as we possibly can be.

Totally agree. It was a joke he was charged. It was a soft PK yes but there was contact. It was a PK certainly there was no dive.

The wannabe Ultras out with the bedsheets again.

Yeah much better to pretend everything is fine and its just a bad spell we're having as per Lennon

There's plenty of things I do and don't agree with the Green Brigade on but this is one of the times I think they are spot on.

They seem to be the only voice the fans have at the moment given there's nobody allowed in the stadiums to voice their displeasure and discontent.

The club is a shambles that has fcuked up one of the most important seasons in our history and I think most of the blame for that lies with the board.

• Advertisement

Yeah much better to pretend everything is fine and its just a bad spell we're having as per Lennon

No one is pretending everything is ok. There will be big changes in the summer. I expect Lennon to be gone a few days after the final game. I believe we must have someone lined up, who wouldn't take it mid-season so the board have left Lennon to see out the season.

Advertisement