Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

No one is pretending everything is ok. There will be big changes in the summer. I expect Lennon to be gone a few days after the final game. I believe we must have someone lined up, who wouldn't take it mid-season so the board have left Lennon to see out the season.

That is very possible. The new CEO is lined up. There will be a new director of football which hopefully signals the days of Lawwell interference in the team are over. Plus you would think that the new DOF and a new manager are been pursued in tandem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Tonight’s team, Bain, Taylor, Brown, Ajeti, Turnbull, Kenny, Rogic, Edouard, Ajer, McGregor, Welsh.

Subs: Barkas, Duffy, Griffiths, Klimala, Soro, Christie, Johnston, Elyounoussi, Laxalt.

Soro on the bench again. Joke.

Tonight’s team, Bain, Taylor, Brown, Ajeti, Turnbull, Kenny, Rogic, Edouard, Ajer, McGregor, Welsh.

Subs: Barkas, Duffy, Griffiths, Klimala, Soro, Christie, Johnston, Elyounoussi, Laxalt.

Soro on the bench again. Joke.

To be fair it might be he is not fully fit. He was in a car accident Monday I think.

eire4 wrote: »
    To be fair it might be he is not fully fit. He was in a car accident Monday I think.

Just a slight tip apparently. If he were feeling any adverse effects from that he shouldn’t be anywhere near the match day squad anyway.

He was supposedly dropped to give him a rest 3 matches ago. This is Scott Brown’s third game in a week at 35. Soro has been one of our few shining lights this season.

What are the odds Brown stays in the team up to the next derby now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I'd prefer Soro to be starting but can see why Lennon was tempted to stick with the same midfield, trying to build a bit of momentum. Hopefully Brown is up to 3 games in a row

• Advertisement

Just a slight tip apparently. If he were feeling any adverse effects from that he shouldn’t be anywhere near the match day squad anyway.

He was supposedly dropped to give him a rest 3 matches ago. This is Scott Brown’s third game in a week at 35. Soro has been one of our few shining lights this season.

What are the odds Brown stays in the team up to the next derby now?

To answer your last question I would say low.

Oooof. Cracker from Tom. Peach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Kris Ajer is an absolute class footballer. Best player at the club this season by a huge distance.

Kris Ajer is an absolute class footballer. Best player at the club this season by a huge distance.

I could never understand the criticism of him from some fans, he's been absolutely class for us. I hope the club are doing everything possible to keep him even though it's probably time for him to move on

• Advertisement

Welsh being stretchered off after a dreadful tackle, Duffy coming on

Welsh being stretchered off after a dreadful tackle, Duffy coming on

Hope Welsh isn’t too badly hurt. Is showing good promise.

Ajeti off, Christie on :confused:

Hopefully not too serious for Welsh, poor tackle and went over on his ankle.

Think for once Andy Walker was right, Édouard & Ajeti really struggling to build any kind of understanding up front

Looked a very soft penalty

Mon Eddy. 5 in 5!!!

Edouard makes it 2 from the penalty spot

Great finish from Christie.

Christie makes it 3, great finish

Going back to that freekick from Christie just before the penalty - dear me that was one of the worst freekicks I have seen in a long time

Edit: up he pops to score the third, lovely goal

• Advertisement

4 nil now, Turnbull. St Mirren falling apart

Very flattering score line.

Turnbull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Nice to see the team enjoying themselves.

Nice to see the team enjoying themselves.

And looks like being another clean sheet too.

And looks like being another clean sheet too.

Don't jinx it, I'll be happy if we hold on for a win

RoryMac wrote: »
    Don't jinx it, I'll be happy if we hold on for a win

Hahaha. Five minutes added....

Good 4 nil win to boost a bit of confidence, wasn't a great performance but nice to see us back scoring goals

Finished 0-4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Can you imagine...................................................

Strange game in the sense that the first was really dire stuff from both teams in fairness. They stopped us attacking wise but offered nothing themselves and the pitch ( not their fault due to the weather) was clearly rock hard and bobbly so very difficult to play good football on.

We were better in the second half and really should have scored before the pk to make it 2-0 but they really seemed to just run out of fuel at that point and we certainly took full advantage of that. Hopefully a real boost in confidence.

Finally starting to get on top here. Need a goal and it’ll really open up for us.

Good fcuk.

Appalling defending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Class goal from Eddy

• Advertisement

Eddy!!! Six in a row!

About time Edouard looked interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Eddy again 2-1

2-1. Great goal. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

About time Edouard looked interested

He's the top scorer in the league in fairness. Far from his best form but he's hardly uninterested.

• Advertisement

2 good finishes from Édouard, Christie did really well for both goals with the run and cross then the dummy.

He's the top scorer in the league in fairness. Far from his best form but he's hardly uninterested.

I don't know if it's just his body language or the way he carries himself but he appears to look disinterested a lot of the time.

Well done to the team for turning this one around. Edouard was absolutely terrific in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Well done to the team for turning this one around. Edouard was absolutely terrific in the second half.

Like the Edouard of old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Christie hasnt exactly endeared himself to the fans lately but that stepover was deicious and dare I say it Duffy looked a little more comfortable, confidence seems to be slowly coming back to him.

Update on the promised review, waffles on but says nothing

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1361240836885905415?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

RoryMac wrote: »
    Update on the promised review, waffles on but says nothing

https://twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1361240836885905415?s=19

I see they're still hiding behind the pandemic as an excuse. Do they genuinely think it isn't having an effect on all clubs or something?

I see they're still hiding behind the pandemic as an excuse. Do they genuinely think it isn't having an effect on all clubs or something?

I think what they don't say is more telling, no mention of continued faith or vote of confidence in Lennon and his coaching staff

Like the Edouard of old.

He really did. First time since the opening game of the season. Hopefully he can really kick on from this and have a great end to the season. Hopefully push his price when he is sold in the summer as he almost certainly will be back above 20m.

• Advertisement
Advertisement